“Perfect stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Jacksonville, Florida
“Perfect stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Our entire stay was wonderful from the first encounter with staff outside, to the moment we checked out. We were in and out of the hotel frequently and the front desk staff greeted us each time and engaged us with conversations about where we were headed and how it was once we returned. The room was huge and had the most incredible view, it far exceeded our expectations. There really were just too many wonderful things to be able to list them all. I highly recommend staying here if you are interested in really getting to explore the historic district. Pedicabs are available only a block away that can take you over to the clubs, bars, and restaurants over on Congress. Or, you can simply cross a street and walk down a flight of stairs to walk the distance of River Street.

Room Tip: If a higher floor is available pick it, you will get a gorgeous river view. Pay a little extra for...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Had to stay 4 nights for business, and couldn't have been happier. Clean and comfortable, with exceptional breakfasts. Just what I needed. I didn't use the valet parking since I was going in and out often. I parked across the street at the city parking lot. It was clean, had holiday parking rates, and I ended up spending $12 day. It was protected from street people too, so I felt totally safe.
I even forgot my briefcase at the desk while checking in, and they found it and kept it for me. All my work would have been lost if it had been stolen. Thank you, Hampton Inn staff!
Great staff and great location. Just blocks from Broughton. Eat at Pink House on Reynolds Square, delish!

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Rancho Cucamonga, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Friendly greeting! Our room was large ( 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa). Beds were super comfortable as I love the Hampton chains down comforters with fresh covers. The breakfast was great and the dining area was nice. No complaints!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We stayed in 2 Hampton Inn hotels during this trip - the one in the historic district and the other in midtown. In both hotels rooms were clean, although the one in the historic district looked older and shabbier than the one in midtown. The room looked old and all the doors in the hallways looked scratched. We stayed here on Sunday, so the rate was pretty good, but the biggest disappointment was parking. The main reason why we decided to pick this hotel for the second night instead of staying in Midtown was to be able to park our car in the hotel in the center and not to worry about looking for a parking place elsewhere (parking in Savannah is a huge pain). Well, we assumed that parking was included (like in Midtown). Surprise-surprise! $20 extra for valet parking if you want to have the "pleasure" of parking your car at the hotel. I honestly felt like I was cheated, because when I called to check their rates, extra parking fee was not even mentioned. I know that I will not be staying in this hotel anymore because there are better hotels for less money in Midtown. If I have to pay for parking anyway, I might as well choose another location.
Another big disappointment was Wi-Fi. I had to call their tech support several times and they kept resetting something and Wi-Fi still kept on quitting. I had a Mac, and I was still able to use it some. My sister who had an HP laptop was not able to use Wi-Fi at all. Ethernet cable, of course, was not available in the room either (I am pretty sure that the one in Midtown had Ethernet cable already available in the room, at least in our room).
Strike number three was the size of double beds. I know that doubles are smaller than queens, but these were really tiny (by the way, queen size beds in Midtown are of the size of a standard double bed), not too comfortable for 2 people sleeping in one bed.
On the plus side though, I have to compliment their breakfast. I think this Hampton Inn had the best breakfast I've had at Hampton Inn's, and we usually stay at Hampton's. The Midtown Hampton had a nice hot breakfast too, but it was missing a few choices that the hotel at the Historic District had.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Alfonce M, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah-Historic District, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
We thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry that you felt surprised by the parking fee associated with our hotel. I can assure you that parking fees are going to be at many places downtown. We do offer different options when it comes to parking for your convenience. I also would like to apologize for your discomfort in our mattress size and let you know our mattresses are of Hilton standards. I do advise requesting an upgrade to a king bed as that may better suit you. If we have the pleasure of your return in the future we will do our best to make sure your stay is much more to your liking.
Holland, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is perfectly located to hub one's stay in Savannah. The quality is consistent when it comes to the Hampton Inn expectations. However, the staff here is unbelievable! Totally all about you the customer with warm greetings to going to the next level to make sure your stay is awesome. TIP: there is a parking garage right across the street for $12/day with easy in/out access...beats the $20 valet charge.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed here for a birthday trip in historic district...Excellent choice for location. Very very friendly....All the same, Savannah is a friendly town....Yes Ma'am....i love how close it was to everything from the restaurants and sights....They also have un-ending coffee supply. I would walk down at midnight and get me coffee.....
Breakfast was also good. Everything you need plus they stop at 10.00 a.m...Now thats a plus in my books. The rooms were great, clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. You can always count on someone helping you when you get stuck. They only need to work on those bathrooms coz i think the tub in my room was clogged or something...the sink was not draining the water...i hated taking a shower with water on my feet....Arrrggg

Thanks Savannah...Would come again and stay at the same hotel

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Titusville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

You can count on a friendly welcome at the Hampton Inn in the historic district of Savannah. We just returned from our third stay in this hotel and find it to be a greatt location. It is directly across from the Albercorn entrance to River Street one direction and a short walk to the city squares on the other. Valet parking is $20 per day with no restrictions on retrieving your car, though you will likely find no need for the vehicle after you arrive. Our first visit was several years ago, when the hotel was brand new, and I did notice that it has some wear and tear and the facility is not so sparkling as it was then.

Room Tip: The rooms on the front of the hotel will allow a view of the ships passing by on the Savannah river...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple