“Comfortable and Inviting” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 111 Hotels in Savannah
Jacksonville, Florida
“Comfortable and Inviting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I spent two nights at the Homewood Suites in Savannah during a recent business trip. The hotel is conveniently located in mid-town Savannah. Easy access to Hunter AAF, shopping, and restaurants. The hotel is about 5 miles from the down town historical district. This hotel has one of the better enhanced continental breakfasts and evening manager’s happy hours. The room that I had was immense with a king bed, living room, and an adequate sized kitchen. Since I was only there for two nights I did not take advantage of the kitchen. My only complaint is the facility is a series of buildings that require transiting out in the weather to get to and from the main/lobby building.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
debbiemcline, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Savannah, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Bob H,

Thank you for staying with us and we're glad you enjoyed everything we have to offer! Our breakfast and dinner are quite good and you can't beat free! We also have the most spacious suites in Savannah. Our property does give our guests a choice of interior and exterior entrance suites so we have the best of both worlds. If you have a preference next time you're here for work or relaxation, just let us know which you prefer and we will do our best to honor your request.

Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Deborah Cline

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed at Homewood Suites Savannah the 3rd time, this is first review. Like this place a lot. Suites are spacious, full kitchen, pantry, 2 queens in bed room, sleeper sofa in living room. 2 flat panel tv. Wood-burning fire place served us well on a cold december night. The jacuzzi is a nice treat and the outdoor pool was heated warm enough to jump in, even at a chilly 40F. Breakfast offers a good variety of warm and cold foods. There is a pavillion with a bbq in the courtyard, in summer, that is a cute place to hang out.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
debbiemcline, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Savannah, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Bpgeist,

Thanks for returning for your 3rd visit with us and sharing your experience with other travelers! We are glad you and your family enjoyed all the amenities we have to offer and especially appreciate your loyalty us! Come back soon and we will make sure we keep you happy!

Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed in a one-bedroom unit with a king-sized bed and a fireplace on a Sunday and on New Year's evening. I have stayed in Homewood Suites all over the United States and this was the worst lodging experience I have had in the last 10 years. After the first night, I brought to the attention of a guest service manager that fact that the room telephone did not work, the room smelled musty, and the bathroom area smelled like urine. The bedroom door also closed itself. To that I would add that the room was dark, which was not helped by the fact that the living room lamp was falling apart and appeared to me to be unsafe. The GSR apologized but didn't offer to switch rooms, probably because the hotel was full. She did mention that the hotel was due for renovation, but it had been delayed. On the second night, things got worse when the toilet stopped flushing. I had rented a second room for other family members and it was better but not good. By the way, the fireplace did work, which is why I give it one star.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
debbiemcline, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Savannah, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Florida 1945,

Please accept my sincere apology for any issues you had that were not handled properly by our team. We value your business and are disappointed that you were unhappy with your visit. Please contact me directly to discuss your concerns, so we can make this right for you.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This was my first time in Savannah and really wasn't sure what to expect. I was trying to escape the cold weather up north for a few days and get away from it all. Very friendly staff, from the front desk to breakfast, dinner, housekeeping. At first I thought the location was out of the way, but the more I got in tune with Savannah it was actually a perfect launching site. Room was HUGE along with kitchen, fridge and nice welcoming gift of bottled water & cookies. Breakfast & dinners were not my favorites but they change daily and also serve beer & wine at diner. A good size outdoor pool area centrally located. Nice grounds for walking my dog and even a poopy pouch station. gazebo & grill also located on grounds. Hotel is nestled between two busy streets in Abercorn & White Bluff, but you feel like your in your only little world with the nice layout. A bit of an older hotel, & walls not soundproofed very well, but nice nonetheless. For the right price I would stay again.

Room Tip: I was in a first floor room, and I could here people upstairs running around.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear BigT76er,

It sounds like you enjoyed your first visit to Savannah and we appreciate you letting us be a part of it! We're glad you enjoyed your suite and all of the free amenities and hope you will come stay with us again soon!

South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Our stay at this hotel was excellent! Our suite was clean and very functional. The staff was friendly and efficient. We had originally been assigned a room close to the main road and requested a room closer to the office. The staff was happy to honor our request. The breakfast was excellent...freshly prepared and a great assortment of food from which to choose. The location is centrally located near midtown Savannah and convenient to shopping, dining, and downtown. We would definitely stay at this hotel again! Thanks Homewood Suites of Savannah for an enjoyable stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
debbiemcline, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Savannah, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Sandy V,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with other travelers! We are glad you enjoyed our delicious breakfast and the convenience to all there is to do in Savannah.

We can't wait for you to come join us again on your next trip to Savannah!

VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The rooms were clean. We only stayed one night, and it wasn't during the week. Homewood Suites serves food at dinnertime during the week. It was difficult to find where our room was after checking in. The bedroom was very nice. The kitchen/living room was nice and useful also.
The problem was that whenever the heat turned on it blew cold air first. The breakfast was mostly good, but hard to find seating. There was a trash pail overflowing with trash when I went to dispose of my dishes. For some reason it was right beside a place to throw trash.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Teacher4VA,

Thank you for staying with during your visit to Savannah. I apologize for the difficulty you had in finding your suite. We will be renovating this year and better signage will be a part of this.

We are glad you enjoyed your clean comfortable suite and appreciate your feedback on the central A/C and heat. I have asked our maintenance team to check the thermostat so thank you for that feedback. I also apologize for the crowds at breakfast. It is a popular reason that so many guests stay with us and when everyone comes down to eat at the same time, it can get chaotic. We open our meeting rooms for our guests to use when this happens so there is plenty of seating.

Again, thanks for staying with us and I hope you will come back again soon!

Wilmington, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Pick this Hotel up and move it, clean the room a little more and it would be great. But the location is not scenic or even walkable and I would be careful not to leave valuables in your car.

I would say it was overpriced but I would not pay any amount to stay in this area again.The Staff is first class and I love the Homewood Suites Brand but I won't be staying here again.

Dear ncTomE,

Thank you for staying with us and recognizing our team for their first class service! We are in the midtown area of Savannah and there are several restaurants, 2 grocery stores, etc. right across the street., and the mall is also just a mile away. I'm sorry that these were not pointed out to you when you checked in.

While I understand some guests prefer to be in the Historic District, we do have a lot to offer with the largest suites in Savannah, free parking, breakfast and dinner (Mon-Thur), that you can't get downtown.

I hope you will reconsider staying with us in the future and again thank you for your kudos!

Deborah Cline

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Savannah? Share your experiences!