“Beautiful Setting in Savannah” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Savannah Riverfront

Save Saved
You added Marriott Savannah Riverfront to your Saves list
Marriott Savannah Riverfront
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   100 General McIntosh Boulevard, Savannah, GA 31401 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #59 of 112 hotels in Savannah
Savannah, Georgia
“Beautiful Setting in Savannah”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The Marriott Riverfront is beautifully situated in Savannah with terrific views from the rooms facing the river. Service levels are excellent and the staff is very friendly and customer focused. The rooms are very comfortable and well kept.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Rhon R, Customer Care at Marriott Savannah Riverfront, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
How wonderful to hear that your recent stay with us was so rewarding!

We enjoy a fabulous location right on the Savannah River with amazing views of the water. Often you can see dolphins traveling by as well as the huge container ships Savannah is known for.

We also take great pride in our staff and their dedication to guest satisfaction and are pleased you found them helpful and customer focused.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your visit. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you in the future.

806 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Bensalem, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Stayed here on business for a conference by myself and loved the experience! The pool is cute, staff so nice and professional, concierge lounge was wonderful and well stocked, the rooms large and clean, and the bath items were delicious smelling bath and body brand! Bed and pillows super comfy, in room tv had wide array of channels, place had on site gym and business center. Cons included the lobby wifi...super slow and awful, (in room wifi costs $$), no hot tub in hotel, and steps needed to be climbed to enter hotel lobby and check in area! A few block walk to the river walk shops and bars and close to a free local city shuttle stop. I would stay here again and recommend it to visitors of the city! Not much to complain about (as noted) as this is a great hotel for the money!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rhon R, Customer Care at Marriott Savannah Riverfront, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for all the nice comments about your stay, including your enjoyment of your room, the amenities, the comfortable bed, the channel selection and the hospitality of our associates.

We apologize for the slow connection of internet you experienced. We are, at this time, addressing the issue and thank you for your feedback. It is customers such as yourself that allow us to improve and better our services.

It is always the best compliment when guests recommend our hotel to future visitors.

Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

From the moment I existed my cab, a courteous doorman took my bag. I found the desk clerks to be equally friendly and courteous. Although my flight arrived early, the smiling young woman found me a non-smoking room with a king sized bed. She also gave me directions to a nearby restaurant. The rooms are spacious and comfortable There was a closet with mirrored doors for storage, a flat screen tv with many channels including CNN, AMC, and Discover. The bathroom was large and had a tiled floor. The room was stocked with several large white bath towels and several wash cloths and hand towels. There was even an ironing board and iron stored in the bathroom.
On the first level is a huge atrium and a well stocked bar. This hotel has a swimming pool in the middle of the Atrium which may have been too public for some tastes.Behind the hotel is a veranda where you can sip a cool drink and watch the large ships move up and down the Savannah River. Beware of the alligators;there is a sign warning people not to feed them. Also, you can take an amazing walk along the river and then explore Bay Street which has gift shops and restaurants.
I could only find two negatives: while you can print your boarding passes for free in the business center, you have to pay to go on the internet to check your email.And this hotel has not shuttle to the airport.

All in all, The Marriott River Front in Savannah is a beautiful and luxurious hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to let us know about your recent visit.

We are so pleased to hear that as soon as you arrived, you were greeted by courteous, accommodating, smiling staff. We strive to give our guests a taste of true southern hospitality and it seems that was your experience.

Also, it was wonderful to hear of your pleasure with your room,the amenities and the hotel in general.

Although we have no shuttle to the airport, we do have taxi cabs available 24 hours a day. Should your travels bring you back to our hotel, please let us know and we will secure transportation for you.

Again, we appreciate your kind words.

Thank you.
Durham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We arrived three hours early and jet lagged but the room was ready and reception was very helpful and efficient. We were given a lovely room overlooking the river complete with balcony. We are marriott members but I would advise upgrading to enjoy a river view. The room was spotlessly clean and decorated in typical marriott style. Bed was extremely comfortable with lovely crisp bedding. We appreciated the small fridge in the room. As marriott members we were entitled to enjoy the executive lounge and I was very impressed by the food. Still dream of the tasty white asparagus and other lovely morsels. It is small and gets overcrowded but the staff work hard to replace dishes. On the negative side, the pool was small and I wasn't tempted to go for a swim as it is overlooked by all the indoor balconies and I would have felt like a goldfish in a bowl. Waste of a pool.! The restaurant was disappointing. Poor decor, mediocre food, slow service. Wish we hadn't wasted an evening eating there when there are so many wonderful restaurants nearby. Further, parking fee is excessive. Greedy of hotels to charge when we already pay a substantial amount to stay. Overall, this is a lovely hotel in a superb location and we had a wonderful time and staff were extremely kind.

Room Tip: Upgrade to river view with balcony and enjoy watching all the ships.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your time in writing a review of your recent visit to our hotel.

It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed your room, the bedding, the concierge lounge and the food! We get compliments often in these areas and strive to provide our guests with the comfort of home.

It seems that we fell short in the restaurant and appreciate your comments. It is guests such as you that help us improve our service as we strive to have 100% customer satisfaction.

Thank you again for your time. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you and your family in the future.
Minnetonka
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

This place is distinctly overpriced. The hotel itself is fairly nice, certainly not stunning, and it is very clean, although not spotless. The location is very good; there is a short (less than 5 minute) walk to be on River St and at one of the trolley stops.

However, EVERYTHING is extra. Parking is $19/day. Wi-fi is $12/day if memory serves correctly. Printing at the business center is extra, too.

The workout area is pretty nice for a hotel, but the indoor and outdoor pools were distinctly average. There is no hot tub or sauna.

Frankly, for this price range, I expect more. The rooms were a decent size, the hotel is quiet, and the beds were comfortable. But when I've stayed at comparably priced hotels they have been quite a bit nicer in virtually every respect.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate the input of our guests because that allows us to refine and improve our services.

Our hotel is located in a wonderful location on the Savannah River and it was good to note that you were able to enjoy the easy access to River Street and all its attractions.

Again, thank you for your time and thank you for choosing Marriott.
Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Used our Marriott rewards and receives an upgrade to a Junior suite which was tastefully decorated and clean. The bedding was extremely comfortable. The hotel is located on a quite east end of the river and a short walk to the historic district. The a staff was extremely accommodating and friendly. I don't think you could have better accommodations for the price. Highly recommend.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Rhon R, Customer Care at Marriott Savannah Riverfront, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
It was a pleasure to read your review and learn that you and your friends enjoyed your time with us!

Our guests comment often about our incredible location - right on the river, within steps of world famous Riverstreet, yet off the beaten path enough to offer a peaceful atmosphere.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your suite and our comfortable beds and that you highly recommend our property.

Thank you for your time. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you in the future.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Dear Reader

Please be reminded/aware that my review is based purely on my OWN personal experience and emotions during the period of my stay and may neither reflect your own experience, opinion or personal view, nor the normal hotel standards.

Arriving over a weekend, after a grueling long trip/flight across the globe, I entered my room on the 4th floor, which was presented to me (platinum card holder) as an upgrade. A depressingly dark room room with one single tiny window has a view directly onto some external hotel machines making me feel like i am staying somewhere in a ghetto.
The bathroom was sporting a grubby appearance with old tacky quality towels.

I ordered room service - basic and simple burger - I received a plate of food I would not feed my own dog - it wasnt only simply groce to look at but also tasted like someone had cooked the food in months old rotten oil. The presentation of the tray was equal to a cheap motel. Napkin was an unstarched dark blue linen napkin simply twirled around a knife and fork which I was too scared too use.

When I requested for my bed sheets to be changed a couple days later, linen was delivered on a baggage trolley in a creased condition (neither ironed nor starched, fresh out of a tumble dryer).

This hotel's wifi service seems like a very bad joke for a country like America..... it is so terrible that the a bad Nigerian network service suddenly seems like heaven. I have been on the phone every single day to find assistance with this issue and have been told that I am the ONLY guest who is facing problems...... I find this very hard to believe and highly irritating. I cant access my emails or even send out any important work. Unacceptable!

The "executive lounge" is simply a small hotel room on the 8th floor with 10 two seater tables in a tight dorm environment. On the weekend its bursting out of its seams and the food was a pure slap in the face for any platinum card holder. Marriott in Saudi would win an Oscar award on presentation in comparison.
For my breakfast I had to "dip 4 times into a basket" like a lucky draw to find a semi clean knife that did not have traces of old food smeared all over it- the cutlery could not have been washed/cleaned with hot water.

I have noticed during my stay that the mini fridges are being removed from the rooms every single time a guest checks out. However prior any guest checking into a room, the hotel installs a mini fridge into the allocated room. When queried, nobody was able to advise me of any valid logic behind this seemingly pathetic exercise.

I whole heartedly cant fault any staff member throughout the entire hotel, as everyone, without exception is exceptionally friendly, energetic and goes the extra mile.
I personally have the impression that the downfall/breakdown of general services may point back to higher management, directors', owners', funding or rather a lack thereof. Being in the service industry personally, it is brutally transparent that staff are lacking necessary basic tools to offer the required basic Marriott standards to their international guests. It is clear that the hotel is being run by genuine goodhearted and willingly hard working people. Whoever owns the hotel appears to be tight fisted on funds or capital. I would not be surprised if it also could be a case of being understaffed with overworked and underpaid staff.

This hotel would serve group bookings with cheap rates very well

Room Tip: try to find an alternative Marriott Hotel if it is in your own power
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Marriott Savannah Riverfront? Share your experiences!