“Another bad experience - 2 years in a row” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Rewards Points!
Ranked #52 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“Another bad experience - 2 years in a row”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I love Marriott properties. They are constantly well run. Not this one. I was attending an annual conference held again this year at the Savannah Marriott. Both years, I called 5 months early and made specific reservations request (king bed, riverfront room and near the elevator). Called hotel direct and was guanteeded that these were the room i would get. I even paid extra from conference rate to get this guantee. Called hotel week before both years and was told "Yes, the room will be available" as requested. Both years, I get to hotel around 4 to 5 pm on day of arrival. Go to front desk for check in and am told "No king bed rooms and no riverfront rooms". The big thing is they could care less. We got to our on the lobby floor, and for the next 4 days had no hot water, only slightly warm water. Called engineering and was not able to fix. Then the toilet would not flush down poop so we had to have engineering take care of this. All I am writing here, I emailed the General Manager twice, who has yet to respond to me. There are a lot of nice hotels in Savannah and this used to be one of them, not anymore. Jm

Room Tip: Look somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Korean first
Clinton, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The rooms are a bit tired, I should specifiy bathrooms are really tired, rooms are fine but if you have on above the bar area of on the third floor bring a sound machine. It's LOUD! Service is friendly and attentive. Food is good and location terrific. Nice choice.

Berlin, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I came to savannah for a conference that was being held in this building. All the attendees were in the hospitality industry ourselves. Someone should have warned the hotel staff! I understand check-in is 4 pm, but the other 2 people in my party checked in when they arrived 4 hours early. I had to give the lady my cell and she said she would call me when the room was ready, shortly... I checked back an hour later, still nothing and treated me rudely. They didn't even offer to hold my luggage so I could walk around or go get lunch. Finally, after tiring in the lobby for 3 hours, it was 4 pm. So I went to the desk and they gave me my key, don't know how long the room had been ready but I never got a call. The room faced the atrium. It was extremely noisy. All the bar crowd sounds echoed right up and kept me awake. I wouldn't suggest an atrium room if you are a light sleeper. As for the conference facility, the Internet access was very poor. Couldn't handle a large crowd. I asked for a late checkout, but they just said no right away without really checking. again, they didn't offer to store my luggage. Also, at the end of my stay, I reviewed my bill to find I had been charged for 2 nights of parking. But I flew and took a taxi, so that was wrong. They did remove it. As for the location, it was pretty good. On the outskirts of town, but within walking distance. If I was to return to savannah, I would stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: 710 very noisy facing the atrium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a conference. I think that the rooms were nice. Although, it would be great to have a sound maker!

I was disappointed with the restaurant, Blue. The server didnt seem interested at all in us. However, the service at the Atrium Bar made up for any bad feelings!

Carlos and his staff of Aaron, Malissa and Ivan were AMAZING! I was very impressed that they remembered us and were beyond friendly even though they were working later than normal for the conference. They are the perfect example of what customer service should look like!

• Stayed April 2013
Arcadia, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We like Marriott hotels and stay in them when we can. This property is well run and provides the amenities that we expect. It sits right next to the river in town and you can be surprised as we were to look out our sixth floor window and see a large container ship going by with the captain at eye level. We recommend the river view rooms. The key advantage to this location is the stop for the on/off tour bus right in front and the ability to see many of the historic sights walking and or using the aforementioned tour bus.

Room Tip: Get the river view if you can.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We traveled to Savannah on our drive to Florida for something different and were pleasantly surprised! Loved the hotel and the view of the river, we actually sat outside one evening and just watched all of the river traffic go by, it was neat.

Also loved visiting the Savannah Candy Company!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed on the top floor which is a secured floor and usually has some benefits to it. I was a little disappointed because there was no refrigerator or really anything special. It was very clean and the staff was really nice. Everyone there was really on top of things. It is convient and a very short walk to anything on the river. Im mean within 4 to 5 minutes from your room. Parking is covered with your room and is added to it for about $19. Now I dont know what the rate for the regular rooms are, but including tax, our room was about $300 per night. Costly, yes, but you could get to anything by foot. Convinience in a place like Savannah cost a bit more than one might expect. A little planning and booking ahead of time probably would have helped. The have an indoor pool, a great restaurant, and a nice bar. Our room had a balcony to the interior of the hotel which was nice.

Room Tip: Book ahead of time.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family