“Nice and very good service” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Marriott Savannah Riverfront to your Saves list
Booking.com Travelocity
Marriott Savannah Riverfront
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   100 General McIntosh Boulevard, Savannah, GA 31401 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #53 of 111 hotels in Savannah
Hampton
“Nice and very good service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The rooms are a bit tired, I should specifiy bathrooms are really tired, rooms are fine but if you have on above the bar area of on the third floor bring a sound machine. It's LOUD! Service is friendly and attentive. Food is good and location terrific. Nice choice.

714 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Berlin, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I came to savannah for a conference that was being held in this building. All the attendees were in the hospitality industry ourselves. Someone should have warned the hotel staff! I understand check-in is 4 pm, but the other 2 people in my party checked in when they arrived 4 hours early. I had to give the lady my cell and she said she would call me when the room was ready, shortly... I checked back an hour later, still nothing and treated me rudely. They didn't even offer to hold my luggage so I could walk around or go get lunch. Finally, after tiring in the lobby for 3 hours, it was 4 pm. So I went to the desk and they gave me my key, don't know how long the room had been ready but I never got a call. The room faced the atrium. It was extremely noisy. All the bar crowd sounds echoed right up and kept me awake. I wouldn't suggest an atrium room if you are a light sleeper. As for the conference facility, the Internet access was very poor. Couldn't handle a large crowd. I asked for a late checkout, but they just said no right away without really checking. again, they didn't offer to store my luggage. Also, at the end of my stay, I reviewed my bill to find I had been charged for 2 nights of parking. But I flew and took a taxi, so that was wrong. They did remove it. As for the location, it was pretty good. On the outskirts of town, but within walking distance. If I was to return to savannah, I would stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: 710 very noisy facing the atrium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a conference. I think that the rooms were nice. Although, it would be great to have a sound maker!

I was disappointed with the restaurant, Blue. The server didnt seem interested at all in us. However, the service at the Atrium Bar made up for any bad feelings!

Carlos and his staff of Aaron, Malissa and Ivan were AMAZING! I was very impressed that they remembered us and were beyond friendly even though they were working later than normal for the conference. They are the perfect example of what customer service should look like!

• Stayed April 2013
Arcadia, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We like Marriott hotels and stay in them when we can. This property is well run and provides the amenities that we expect. It sits right next to the river in town and you can be surprised as we were to look out our sixth floor window and see a large container ship going by with the captain at eye level. We recommend the river view rooms. The key advantage to this location is the stop for the on/off tour bus right in front and the ability to see many of the historic sights walking and or using the aforementioned tour bus.

Room Tip: Get the river view if you can.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We traveled to Savannah on our drive to Florida for something different and were pleasantly surprised! Loved the hotel and the view of the river, we actually sat outside one evening and just watched all of the river traffic go by, it was neat.

Also loved visiting the Savannah Candy Company!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed on the top floor which is a secured floor and usually has some benefits to it. I was a little disappointed because there was no refrigerator or really anything special. It was very clean and the staff was really nice. Everyone there was really on top of things. It is convient and a very short walk to anything on the river. Im mean within 4 to 5 minutes from your room. Parking is covered with your room and is added to it for about $19. Now I dont know what the rate for the regular rooms are, but including tax, our room was about $300 per night. Costly, yes, but you could get to anything by foot. Convinience in a place like Savannah cost a bit more than one might expect. A little planning and booking ahead of time probably would have helped. The have an indoor pool, a great restaurant, and a nice bar. Our room had a balcony to the interior of the hotel which was nice.

Room Tip: Book ahead of time.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Marriott Savannah Riverfront for a conference he was attending. I was prepared to dislike it, since I'm usually a small hotel kind of person. We'd been to Savannah in the past and loved it, but we'd stayed in smaller places. I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised. While the hotel is large, the employees make every guest feel welcome and special, right down to the guys who repair things. Not a single person failed to wish me a good day or to ask if there was anything they could do for me. The service in the restaurant and bar was also exemplary -- and while the full breakfast buffet is expensive ($15), the made-to-order omelets are terrific!

We drove and parked in their lot, which has a daily charge. At first, I was prepared to resent this, but we found it great to have the choice of covered or open parking and to be able to come and go without having to call (and tip) a valet. The daily charge protects your vehicle and assures you have a place to park. All parking areas seemed to have easy access to a hotel entrance.

We had a room with a balcony onto the inside atrium. I didn't find the atrium too hot and humid, as others complained of. I get claustrophobic in rooms with no outside windows, but that wasn't a problem at the Marriott. The whole wall of the room opening to the balcony was window and the atrium has an entire wall of glass directly onto the river, as well as a glass covered roof. There was ample natural light in our room, and walking onto the balcony got me a beautiful, protected view of the river and the ships traveling on it. It was cold and rainy part of the time we were there, so I actually appreciated the inside balcony.

The hotel is at the very end of Bay Street, where it turns into McIntosh, so it's a little walk to the historic district, but I have a bad knee and I'm over 65, and it wasn't a problem for me. And you get the beautiful river amid immaculately manicured grounds to enjoy while you're at the hotel.

The only thing I can fault this hotel for is the daily wifi charges. Since we were there for a conference, the charges were waived, but the everyday traveler has to pay each day. In this day and age, there's really no excuse for that.

Overall, the Marriott Riverfront won me over!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Marriott Savannah Riverfront? Share your experiences!