I stayed here for a month in January and the stay was mostly positive. I asked for and got a balcony room on the river which gives you great views of the container ships going by. The staff is very friendly in fact too much. You cant go out the door without a greeting. The rooms need some updating. Only one electrical outlet and that was in the lamp on the desk. To plug in a phone by the bed you have to pull out the nightstand. My request for a USA today and a local paper was only met 2 times in 26 days. Room service lost my order and after waiting an hour they said the fromt desk gave them the wrong room and got another order up with no charge and some bonus points. The concierge lounge does a nice job however the morning hostess has a habit of putting some money on the dirty dishes tray as a hint to tip her. I stay at Marriot's around the world and this was a first. The lady at the hospitality desk is great. She gave us some good places to eat and welcomed feedback. The location is about a 15 minute walk to the center of town which gives you a nice walk before and after dinner. The hotel restaurant Blue is not very good. I understand because their are so many great places to eat in town. Overall I would stay again but they need to update the rooms.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Savannah Riverfront Hotel
- Marriott Savannah Riverfront Hotel Savannah
- Marriott Savannah
- Savannah Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An imposing hotel overlooking the river. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Marriott, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Marriott Savannah Riverfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.