We went to Savannah this month (Jan 2013) this was our first time going there and I had always wanted to go. We were there Fri-Sun and I left with a OK feeling about the trip. I actually have more fun in Gatlinburg Tennessee which is 3 hours closer to my house lol
The hotel is right on the river as are a few more hotels but that was the cheapest price for the location. Bay street is the next street behind and those were be the next closet. Any way, The hotel staff was nice, helpful and funny. The hotel is suppose to be haunted especially the 3rd floor. We never seen anything but did her strange bumps in the night. Who knows???? We were suppose to get a river view and got total opposite. We got the street view on the other side of the hotel, but did have a small balcony, very small and shared with the room beside you, weird! The rooms was on the top (5th) floor and very small. You get that rustic Savannah feel with the rooms because they hotel is a old cotton mill redone. Which I like that rustic feel. I will advise you to bring your own pillow and maybe egg crate throw down (over top) of mattress mat. The beds are horrible!!!! We slept terribly all weekend. Our backs were killing us and we tossed and turned. Very hard cheap beds. I almost fell twice in the shower. Be careful stepping in because our tub was like ice it was so slick. The tv remote barely worked, thinking batteries was needed. There wasn't a hair dryer in our room, they had to go and look for one in another room which took a good 20 mins. I basically forgot mine by accident. The hall carpet could use cleaning BIG TIME. You have to use room door keys to also operate the elevators which at times didn't work and you would have to keep trying them. very aggravating. Fresh coffee every morning which my boyfriend loved that. You can actually go up on the top of the hotel by stairs with a better view if you want. We happened up on that. No one told us. That was neat to watch the huge ships go by. I hope I don't sound picky because I certainly am not. But for $149 a night I expected more. I hope this was of help to anyone.
- Also Known As:
- River Street Hotel
- River Street Savannah
- River Street Hotel Savannah
- River Street Inn Savannah Ga
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inn that is located in a building that was a pre-Civil War cotton warehouse. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Preferred Hotels, Tingo, Priceline, getaroom.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your River Street Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.