“Warning- sleep in car.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

Save Saved
You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   15 Fort Argyle Road, Savannah, GA 31419 (Formerly Country Hearth Inn Savannah)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #104 of 112 hotels in Savannah
USA
“Warning- sleep in car.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

Stains, stains, and more stains. Spiders, too. Not sure what else is lurking out there.
Smell is just as bad as Bath and Body Works...I mean as strong but not the good kind if you know what I mean. AC doesn't work in room 104 so don't believe the lady when she says 'see, it works' when you go in your pj's to the front desk to complain about the heat.

Pool? It should be illegal for a hotel to offer a service or amenity when they don't have it...kinda like you can't sell a car w/ a stereo if it's broken...you have to say it doesn't have one. So, no, the pool has been drained.

There are many hotels on this block right out the window....go there.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

9 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2009

My new Garmin navigation system had pointed to this motel as a Super 8. The lady at the desk told me it was no longer owned by that chain. And as things turned out, super it sure weren't.

I entered the lobby of the motel to overhear an irate young woman demanding a refund stating she found a cockroach in her room (as did another reviewer) - but was being refused since it was more than 30 minutes after she checked in, as clearly stated on a notice taped to a wall (mentioned by the other reviewer.) As the irate guest went out the front door to call the local sheriff, I asked to be shown a room. There was a mild unobjectionable if peculiar smell to the room but it seemed clean enough, the carpet was new-looking and I found no bugs when I turned down the crisp bedsheets and quickly eyed the bathroom tub and bathtowels. In a heavy accent, the motel clerk said she no longer had trouble with cockroaches (I guess just the guests who think they see them) so I took the room even though the former guest was now at the glass-shielded signin desk threatening to sue the motel for refusing the refund. Frankly, I had just passed on a room at a Motel 6 after having a hard time with it's toothless clerk. And it was getting late, I was from out of country never mind out of state so didn't know the area, and I was too bleery-eyed to push on to a third. So I hoped the irate woman was having a psychotic break and checked in.

I didn't see any bugs, the facility and fixtures are much better built than any Motel 6, and room doors open from interior as opposed to exterior corridors so it's more secure. But with a review complaining of cockroaches, my witness of a fellow guest also complaining of them and the motel refusing a refund as it was more than 30 minutes after checkin, I strongly suspect there's a problem.

Eliminating cockroaches takes no more than a phone call to an exterminator and must be job one in motel cleanliness. So I can't give a good rating on any item but location. Having said that, the furniture, carpet and TV were recent and there's a good Mexican restaurant hidden a block away behind the motel. You might want to retreat there for a meal while you pour through travel books looking up motels.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2008

I was looking for an inexpensive place to spend a couple of nights around Savannah so I could afford other things while I was in town. I tried to check reviews because the price was so low that I worried about the safety of the area. The area is safe as any other - there are several other hotels and restuarants in this area and others on the other side of the interstate. It does have a sign on the desk window that states you must ask for a refund within 30 minutes of check in or there will be none. There was a strange smell not really musty in the halls and room but after turning the air/fan on the room was fine. There was a mini fridge, microwave, safe and even a dehumidifer in the room. The room was spacious and had a table as well. The bathroom was regular size, but not in brand new shape - there was tile around the tub base missing and because of the walls of the shower were filled with nice little cubbies to set things it was harder to clean and wasn't sparkling but clean by most standards. The carpet was older and dark print but didn't feel dirty to me. There was a small pool out front. The back doors were left blocked open a few times but one of them had a electric lock that didn't work with card so this might have been to allow customers to reenter. The breakfast the first morning we checked at 7:30 AM and there were little doughnuts, bagels and bread for toast and coffee. Checked for juice or milk in fridge and saw a plastic tub inside but didn't check to see what was in it. Was not sure if it was too early or late or if that was all that was there - no one was in the lobby and we were really in a hurry to make reservations at Lady and Sons, so we left - second morning we checked at 9:30 and there was nothing there - most stop at 9 - 9:30 that I have been to.
The first morning as we prepared to leave I had left the do not disturb sign so they wouldn't have to come in and clean up and had planned to reuse the towels we had but a couple in the hall asked us if they could clean and I told them we were fine but he asked about towels and had me bring him the used ones and gave us a complete set of clean ones, also asked if we had any garbage and brought the bag to the door for us to dump our little cans in.

We choose this place for the price and for the short time each night or morning we were there it was fine. It was not a 4 star
hotel but I didn't pay 4 star price either.
Over all I think I would stay again, it was a little out of town but right off one interstate and close to the other that went straight into down town and was on a road that looped back into town on regular streest and had access to an outlet at that exit and two other malls.
There are plenty of higher priced hotels with you want more comfort in the area but I say if it is safe and clean why pay for pretty pictures on the wall, when you can have a nice meal with that money.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Erie, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2008

We were traveling to Florida from OH--it was late and we were ready to stop. This hotel had a large sign that could be read from the highway so we stopped. We were tired and just booked a room. The smell of the room was sort of different and the bathroom seemed quite used--black around the bathtub seams indicated mold. Of course, I realized this after I booked the room with MC. The next morning, we found a cockroach in the bathroom in the towel.

Stayed February 2008

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!