I went to Savannah with my friend and stayed at The Planters Inn. We both had separate rooms. I paid more for the front room overlooking the square. My room had a queen bed. The bathroom was very small with tub/toilet and one tiny sink. The bathroom toiletries were nice. The towels didn't match, some beige, others white, but all functionable.
The breakfast was VERY nice. Lots of choices. Hot & Cold.
We arrived on a Saturday around 5pm. There wasn't anyone at the front door to help with our large suitcases. And the (double) doors had to be pulled open, which was rather difficult. We went into the lobby and there was obviously a wedding party there devouring all the free wine/cheese/fruit for the evening. We checked in and went back downstairs to have a glass of wine and some cheese. All the cheese/fruit was gone! And we mentioned it to the lady pouring the wine and she didn't offer to get us any, but she did expect her tip for pouring us a glass of wine.
If you stay there on a Friday or Saturday night, I highly recomment that you don't book the front room (facing Reynolds Square) and pay all that extra money! The noise from Reynolds Square out front was LOUD! and the climate control in the room did nothing for it. They didn't have a fan/auto/off/on switch for it. I asked at the front desk for a box fan or any fan to block out the loud noise and they said they didn't have anything.
The only two good things about this hotel are the breakfast and the location. I have been to Savannah several times and this will be the one and only time I stay at the Planters Inn. The Marshall house had smaller rooms, but the service and quiet comforts (and free wine/snacks in the evening) and breakfast were wonderful there.
I also didn't like the fact that you had to call the front desk for "ICE" every time you needed it. The staff would have to be called, bring it up to you, and hold their hands out for a "TIP". There was NO refrigerator, NO dvd player. and the whole time I was there for 2 days and 3 nights, NOBODY at the front door to meet/greet/depart you. The Marshall house ALWAYS had someone to open/close the door and always greeted you with a sincere hello.
- Also Known As:
- Planters Inn On Reynolds Square Hotel
- Planters Inn On Reynolds Square Hotel Savannah
- Planters Hotel Savannah
- Planters Hotel On Reynolds Square
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- To sleep in the epicenter of the city's beautiful historic district, book some time here, on Reynolds Square. The Planters Inn offers elegant rooms, great service, and a jovial wine and cheese reception where people linger each afternoon. For a view, ask about one of the rooms overlooking Reynolds Square Park. Better yet, step outside the inn and get lost among the azaleas and architecture. Just make it back for your dose of wine and cheese. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Planters Inn on Reynolds Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.