We are frequent visitors to Savannah, as our son lives there and have stayed at many of the places in the Historic District. This was our first time at the Planters Inn. This is a hotel in an older building that has been kept up nicely. My understanding is the last addition was done about 150 years ago.
The location at Reynolds Square is perfect for tourists who want to walk the historic district. It is only a block from all the shopping on Broughton or Bay Street (and down the stairs to River Street). It is also a very short walk to City Market.
The lobby is beautifully restored. They have a nice wine and cheese gathering in the lobby in the early evening which is complementary Monday thru Saturday. During our stay the lobby was beautifully decorated for the Christmas season. This, along with wireless internet, are included with your stay.
The staff is very friendly and helpful. Valet parking with the hotel is about $14 per night, however, one of the staff members let us know you can get a daily parking pass for about $8 a night and park at the city lot which is about two doors down just past the Pink House. This gives you covered parking and also allows you to park at most metered parking sites around the city at no charge. Breakfast is included. It is a buffet and similar to what you might see at a Holiday Inn express. Nothing special, but the price is right.
The room, is nice sized. Our room was well kept up. Outside of the bathroom, which is beautiful, the room was not real fancy. The TV is placed in an awkward position from the bed, but who comes to Savannah to watch the tube?
Our room, like many of the rooms, goes along a street which is noisy in the morning. We frequently arose to the noise of city workers or work trucks doing their work in the morning. This is a trade off for being in the middle of the historic district that people who like to sleep in may want to consider.
We got a great deal on Expedia for this hotel, incredible really for the historic district, so if you plan to go you many want to check their website to see what price they have. This type of deal was probably only available due to December being the off season, but it was nice to stay in such a great location with all the extras as a very low price.
- Also Known As:
- Planters Inn On Reynolds Square Hotel
- Planters Inn On Reynolds Square Hotel Savannah
- Planters Hotel Savannah
- Planters Hotel On Reynolds Square
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- To sleep in the epicenter of the city's beautiful historic district, book some time here, on Reynolds Square. The Planters Inn offers elegant rooms, great service, and a jovial wine and cheese reception where people linger each afternoon. For a view, ask about one of the rooms overlooking Reynolds Square Park. Better yet, step outside the inn and get lost among the azaleas and architecture. Just make it back for your dose of wine and cheese. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Planters Inn on Reynolds Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.