This was our first trip to Savannah and we stayed here on the recommendation of a friend who returns to this B&B frequently. Pluses: Centrally located and a short walk to all of Savannah's hot spots, with many restaurants, shops and convenience stores within a block. Gracious, friendly staff. Free wine and cheese nightly (except Sundays) and fresh baked cookies at turn-down. Great shower with excellent water pressure. Next door to the elegant Olde Pink House Restaurant and the best bar in Savannah, the Olde Pink House Basement Tavern. For our anniversary, they had a complimentary bottle of champagne and a lovely card in the room when we arrived. Minuses: the room was nicely decorated but had a few items that needed attention--water damage/peeling paint on the ceiling in the bathroom and missing the sheer privacy curtain from one of the window's. The lighting in the bathroom was also extrememly dim. Our view was of the parking garage-pretty ghastly, so be sure to ask if this is important. You have to valet your car ($15/day) and call the front desk to have ice or a soda brought to your room (no public ice/soda machine and no mini fridge in the room). Even 6 floors up, we were woken several times by loud revelers on the street in the wee hours on the weekend. These were minor inconveniences, however, and all of the staff were warm and attentive. We would stay here again and recommend it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- To sleep in the epicenter of the city's beautiful historic district, book some time here, on Reynolds Square. The Planters Inn offers elegant rooms, great service, and a jovial wine and cheese reception where people linger each afternoon. For a view, ask about one of the rooms overlooking Reynolds Square Park. Better yet, step outside the inn and get lost among the azaleas and architecture. Just make it back for your dose of wine and cheese. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Planters Inn on Reynolds Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Planters Inn On Reynolds Square Hotel Savannah
- Planters Hotel Savannah
- Planters Hotel On Reynolds Square