My husband and I stayed here for two nights in July. The location is great, right on one of the park squares and just two blocks back from the riverfront. It's also just a few steps away from the Pink House, which is one of our favorite restaurants in Savannah. We parked the car for the weekend and walked everywhere. As a boutique hotel, it's a nice middle ground between a generic chain hotel and a full on B&B. Our room had one queen bed and it was nice and spacious - I'd rather have that than be crowded out with two doubles. One wall was full of windows - three in the bedroom and one in the bathroom. The hotel offered a complimentary wine and cheese happy hour and a continental breakfast, but we didn't partake in those. The staff was nice - friendly and prompt - so overall we had a great experience.
The one big flaw, unfortunately, is the open, multi-story parking garage right next door. It spoils the view all the way up to the sixth floor, where we were, and it bounces a lot of noise around because it's mostly open air rather than enclosed. We were okay overall but things did get a little hairy on Saturday night when the weekend partiers headed back to their cars and had to race around the structure with their stereos blasting. At that point the garage acts as a big amplifier directed at the hotel next door. If on the rooms were on the other side of the building...but none of them are. The windows on the other side are all bricked over, so no rooms there.
Overall the place is very nice and I hate to knock it. We had a good time and we don't regret staying there, but I wouldn't feel drawn to go back - next time we're in Savannah we'll try someplace new.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- To sleep in the epicenter of the city's beautiful historic district, book some time here, on Reynolds Square. The Planters Inn offers elegant rooms, great service, and a jovial wine and cheese reception where people linger each afternoon. For a view, ask about one of the rooms overlooking Reynolds Square Park. Better yet, step outside the inn and get lost among the azaleas and architecture. Just make it back for your dose of wine and cheese. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, AAA Travel Services, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Planters Inn on Reynolds Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Planters Inn On Reynolds Square Hotel Savannah
- Planters Hotel Savannah
- Planters Hotel On Reynolds Square