“Great location, staff, room” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Direct
Ranked #16 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Tampa, Fl.
“Great location, staff, room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for two nights for our anniversary. It is a great hotel that we really enjoyed. The staff is very friendly and helpful, especially the concierge and the ladies who run the breakfast. We decided to get the delux fireplace room since it was December and loved having the fire going during the evening, though if I were visiting outside winter I would not bother paying for this room because it would get too hot. Thta being said, I am really glad that we had the fireplace, it was very romantic.

Every night from 5:30- 7:00, I believe, they have complimentary wine and cheese/ cracker/ fruit social time in the lobby which is a great treat.

The bathroom was very big and had a nice, deep tub. The lights in the bathroom were a little dim, but that was not really a problem.

Our room had a closet, TV (didn't use so not sure on the channel selection) and a good view of the city since we were on the top floor. Lower floors have a view of the parking garage.

Breakfast was really good with cereals, breads, boiled eggs, sausage biscuits, biscuits & gravy, juices, coffee, tea, etc. I was very happy.

All in all, I would stay here again because the location was great, staff friendly, and the price was reasonable.

Room Tip: Top floor has city views, lower a parking garage.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (491)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Our three night stay at Planter's Inn could not have been better. The hotel is well located in the historic district close to the river, right next door to a great restaurant, "The Olde Pink House" and within easy walking distance to most points in the historic district. Our room was well decorated and a comfortable size. The hotel offered a complimentary buffet breakfast which included grits, pastries, toast, fruit, yogurt, juices and hot tea and coffee. It also had a turn down service at night, with a chocolate on the pillow and a wine and cheese party each weekeday evening. Wifi was also complimentary and a computer was offered in the lobby for guest use. Best of all was the staff who were helpful, friendly, and accomodating. We wished we were in Savannah longer.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Enjoyed our stay at this hotel - staff very accommodating, lovely ladies serving breakfast made us very welcome. Room was fantastic; nicely furnished with very comfortable queen beds, plenty of space and great bathroom. Cheese & wine reception, cookies at night, and free wifi (that can be picked up from the square) were also appreciated.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Spartanburg, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I was really disappointed and unhappy with my stay in Planters Inn the Thanksgiving of 2012. One week before my arrival, I called and reserved a room with two beds through Internet. Before reserving the room, I called Planters Inn to make sure that I will have two twin beds in the room not a queen bed. They told me I just had to make it clear under comments and I did that. We got to the room and we noticed that there was two tissues in the trash in the bathroom, an used soap and an used towel next to the sink. I mentioned that to the bell guy and the person in the front desk. Although I didn't like it, I didn't think much about and I went to have dinner. Upon our return, I saw that also the trash bin in the bedroom was FULL OF TRASH. We started to think that that room had simple not been cleaned and we complained about it. At that point we were wondering if the sheets had been changed. The person in the front desk told us that they thought that the sheets were cleaned and the cleaning lady just forgot to take the trash out. As I told them, if they were not 100% sure that was not good enough for me. I started talking to the person on the front desk on the phone. He said that there were no other room with two beds and he gave me two choices: 1. We will move to a room with a queen bed and he will bring a rolling bed and 2: he will come to the room and make the bed with new sheets. I didn't like any of the two choices. I was not paying $300 to be in a dirty room nor to be in a uncomfortable bed. At this point, I said I wanted to talk to the manager or the person in charge for emergencies. The person in the front desk told me that he was the only person I could talk to. After some delivering, I asked him to give us two individual rooms and he accepted. That was not the best choice for us since we were sharing toiletries and we wanted to be in the same room.

When I entered the new room I saw that on the bed there were two candies, an hotel evaluation and a welcome letter all of which WERE NOT in room 310. I then realized that the staff almost made me sleep in dirty sheets. Although the next day they gave us a nice room with two queen beds, I have to say that I have never in my whole life had such a bad experience in a hotel. I am sure that I was assigned a dirty room, it could happen that a cleaning lady forget the trash but I doubt she will used a soap and leave it behind along with a dirty towel.

I wrote an email to the manager telling him my experience 10 days ago and I never got a response, not an apology.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We booked 3 rooms at this lovely inn, and all 5 in our party enjoyed our stay. Rooms are large and nicely furnished and decorated; all was clean; water pressure was good; and we had no issues with street noise. The view is not good unless you have a park-view room; the other rooms all look out at an ugly parking garage. But the location of this inn is terrific for seeing the historic district sights, the staff were uniformly friendly and helpful, and the wine and cheese social hour was fun. The lobby area is comfortable and pretty; the breakfast room on the mezzanine is well organized, and the breakfast made most of our group happy (one of our party must avoid eggs, butter, cheese and all but non-fat milk, and so there was no protein this person could eat, but this is just a comment for others with dietary restructions, not a complaint.) I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Planters Inn again, and hope to do so on my next Savannah visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Buffalo, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

What a true representation of Savannah. Great hotel, great food, great people. Don't forget to buy their set of Savannah glasses.....make for a great present. They have valet service and a great breakfast. Unfortunately, we were not able to make the wine event they have each night. They also have a restaurant next door the Olde Pink House....if you don't go you would have missed the best meal you ever would have eaten.

Room Tip: keep the fan on....some of the rooms are next to the street.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Great place to stay and walk to all tourist sites. Bike rental also close by and a great way to sight see.
Hotel a bit tired but rooms were well maintained.
Staff did not reflect the general southern hospitality we experienced elsewhere. Accommodating but just that.

Room Tip: All rooms face a parking structure so not much choice but higher in the hotel is better.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Planters Inn on Reynolds Square? Share your experiences!