After a 10-year absence, we had the opportunity to visit Savannah. In the past, Planters Inn had always been our place to stay, so we booked a standard room for two nights. We arrived in Savannah super early and decided to head to the hotel to stow our bags if we couldn’t check in. The front desk representative, housekeeping and bell staff quickly worked together to get us in a room immediately. Room 206 has a gracious Southern inspired décor, large bathroom, and comfortable bed. The Planters Inn is a giant rectangle and only the ‘short side’ faces the square. The rest of the hotel and yes most of the rooms, face the nearby parking garage. The garage isn’t great to look at, but it’s quiet.
The hotel’s services are what we like best. From the more than above average continental breakfast, to daily wine and cheese reception and nightly turn down with ice delivery, the Planters Inn seems focused on welcoming each and every guest.
Check out went as smoothly as it possibly could at 10:00am on a Sunday. Valet parking is at the garage across the street. During the height of check out, quite a log jamof guests waiting for their car can occur. Please pack your patience and head out to the curb to enjoy 5 more minutes in lovely Reynolds Square. The hotel staff really hustles to get each car as quickly as possible from the garage to the front of the hotel (no small feat I am sure with all the one way streets). As we got closer to the time we needed to return to the airport we returned to the front desk and explained the situation. An employee behind the desk immediately grabbed our keys and got the car. Southern Hospitality indeed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- To sleep in the epicenter of the city's beautiful historic district, book some time here, on Reynolds Square. The Planters Inn offers elegant rooms, great service, and a jovial wine and cheese reception where people linger each afternoon. For a view, ask about one of the rooms overlooking Reynolds Square Park. Better yet, step outside the inn and get lost among the azaleas and architecture. Just make it back for your dose of wine and cheese. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, AAA Travel Services, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Planters Inn on Reynolds Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Planters Inn On Reynolds Square Hotel Savannah
- Planters Hotel Savannah
- Planters Hotel On Reynolds Square