“Okay, but way over priced.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Brice, a Kimpton Hotel

You added The Brice, a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
The Brice, a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   601 East Bay Street, Corners of Bay and Houston Streets, Savannah, GA 31401 (Formerly The Mulberry Inn)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Valet Parking for $12
Ranked #8 of 111 Hotels in Savannah
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Jacksonville, Florida
“Okay, but way over priced.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

The best part of the Brice experience was the excellent service providers. All of the personnel were excellent, courteous, explementary in every way. Otherwise, a major disappointment. $250 a night and no coffee in the small cramped rooms? One chair, no dressers, no microwave or small refrigerators. Really? I understand pet friendly. I love dogs. But it seemed like there were more dogs there, than people. We started referring to the Brice as the most expensive kennel we have ever stayed in. I can't imagine how cramped those rooms are with two large dogs.....maybe the dogs had their own rooms. We were cramped without dogs. Since coffee was only available in the lobby, we were tripping over standard size poodles and German shepards In the lobby. That was a challenge not so rewarding after retrieving cold coffee. It all would have been funny, except for the small, cramped, over priced rooms, with NO amenities.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Gig Harbor, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I recently took a group of artists to this beautiful hotel for our Living Studio workshop with Jeanne Oliver. The hotel's aesthetics were perfect for our group and the staff went above and beyond several times to ensure that we had the best experience there. Highly recommend their restaurant, Pacci, too, especially the Wednesday night supper club--wonderful experience. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone. Beautiful hotel, wonderful service, great staff---all that we encountered were just wonderful. Dog friendly hotel as well.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Florence, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel is modern, clean and fairly centrally located, and most of the staff that we encountered were friendly, but a few were a bit snobbish. My husband and I only stayed one night at the Brice, but we will likely look elsewhere when booking our hotel for a return trip in the spring.

First of all, although we were visiting in the middle of winter (February) with temps in the 40s during the day, either housekeeping or the last guest had the thermostat set to cool and at about 56 degrees. We did not notice this at the time of check-in as we only took time to drop our bags off at our room, so when we returned to our room late that evening, our room was bitter cold, and it took quite a while to get the unit to switch to heat and begin heating the room, but I was beginning to think that we were going to have to call the front desk and request to be moved to another room.

There was only one bar of soap provided for the sink area. No bath soap was provided. The hotel tries to charge an additional $25.00 for parking, but we befriended a staff member that provided parking for free. Upon check-out, the hotel just assumed that we used their valet parking, and had added the $25.00 parking fee, without asking, which was removed after we told them that we did not utilize the valet parking.

Bottled water is not provided. This may seem insignificant, but bottled water is an inexpensive commodity for hotels to provide. There is bottled water available in the room for $6.00. Since my husband and I prepaid for our room, I went down to the lobby upon checkout to pay for my $6.00 bottle while my husband retrieved our vehicle. I was one penny short of the price of the bottle of water, and instead of the staff just letting it go, I had to go chase my husband down for $.01, and then run back to the hotel! Upon return, I was told that the staff had found a penny for me.

The hotel does offer a complimentary social hour from 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. offering wine and hors d'oeuvres, which is nice, but the hors d'oeuvres were wiped out quickly and were not replenished. If you want to participate in this event, I would suggest that you get there a little before 5:00. We also met a very nice bartender at the adjoining restaurant/bar who was very accommodating, but he was not affiliated with the hotel.

The room we had was clean, and the beds were comfortable, but from inside our room, I could here the occupant in the next room sneeze! This was quite surprising and disturbing. I could continue on, but suffice it to say that there were just too many other things about this hotel that did not meet the 4 star rating for us, and we were only there one night!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
boson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

From the moment the valet opens the front door, to every staff member one encounters, the Brice offers a warm, congenial, friendly and helpful reception and stay for guests.

The rooms are inventively designed and decorated, the drapes admirable block out the morning sun, and the beds are super comfortable. Also, the rooms are quiet - no noisy heat or air conditioning units.

The early morning cocoa, tea and coffee as well as the evening happiest hour allow guests to mingle which each other, and after a few days, it is easy to feel a part of a Brice Savannah community. If I lived in Savannah I would head to the Brice every day after work because you really do meet the nicest most interesting people.

The customer facing reception area staff of Andrew, Jessica and Nika do an A plus job. And Heather the Assistant General Manager Is everywhere reaching out to guests, and personally ministering to them in anyway she is able.

Most US hotels are antiseptic, there is little spring in the steps of staff. The Brice Kimpton is the exact opposite - team members who are lively, enthusiastic, and clearly proud of their hotel, rooms which make you feel special because each room is decorated so individually and uniquely, and happiness hours morning and night which make you feel part of a special community.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

From the exterior, the hotel looks more like a small sized property but do not be fooled! this hotel is quite Huge! so much so that the corridors to the rooms feels almost like a maze! (i got lost once!!!)

Beds are comfortable and the room decor is contemporary. The staff at the front desk and valet are very well trained, courteous and efficient! This was my first experience staying at a Kimpton Property and I must say i’m impressed! Impeccable service!

One of the highlights of the stay at this hotel is the daily ‘social hour’ where the hotel serves complimentary wines and finger food.. great chance to make new friends over some drinks!

One of the other things that’s worth pointing out is that the Wi-Fi speed was decently fast too.. I had a 2 hour long Skype Video conference one evening and there wasn’t a single drop-out at all. (I’ve stayed at hotels that advertises Free “High-Speed” internet… but in reality.. it isn’t that ‘high speed’ at all!)

There is no free on site parking in this hotel, but they do offer a secured garage valet parking service if required.

Would definitely stay here again when i next visit Savannah!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I love Kimpton Hotels and this was one of the best. The parking valet asked me if I wanted to park for free across the street (Sunday street parking) instead of taking my car. That gave me easy access to the trunk and saved me a few bucks. Nice!

The Kimpton Management just knows how to run a property but they make you feel like favorite guests instead of a business. I hung out in the lobby for a half-hour one morning and what a joy. Great coffee, pleasant people and surroundings. They had hats in front of a mirror for people to try on for a smile. Bicycles for guests to borrow. Even the books in the bookcase were thoughtfully arranged for color. What attention to detail.

Unlike some other reviewers that said this is a modern hotel, it's actually older but that doesn't mean the furnishings are old.

Perfect downtown location yet safer and a few blocks away from all the noise. We could not have been happier.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
long island, Ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

for the 2nd part of our anniversary I had been dying to come to Savannah and after finding out they had a new Kimpton hotel we had to stay here. of course I was getting over a bad cold which isn't what anyone wants before going on vacation. anyway when we got there really early, they held our bags while we went to have breakfast. it was great after we came back and found we had been upgraded to a suite! also great for my husband to be able to watch tv in the other room while I napped and tried to get over my cold asap lol. they also gave us a nice bottle of prosecco we brought home with us :) we just loved this hotel so much. I'm so happy we came here for our anniversary instead of my birthday because I don't think this was even open when we first planned on coming. just such a great hotel and we love the kimpton brand. the hot chocolate in the morning was delicious and I had no idea they'd have that. I'm a chocolate lover and went nuts lol.

I only wish we had brought one of our dogs but that's jetblues fault for being so overpriced, not the hotel! which btw this hotel is beyond dog friendly, they just love dogs and even have treats for those with dogs :)

oh and there is a wine happy hour we enjoyed nightly and omg that tub. I want that tub in our house..... also the whole design of the hotel was just so well done. I only wish our last day I wasn't feeling sick and we could have enjoyed Pacci... I see this as just a reason to come back one day lol :)

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to The Brice, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!