“Great Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Brice, a Kimpton Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Brice, a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
The Brice, a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   601 East Bay Street, Corners of Bay and Houston Streets, Savannah, GA 31401 (Formerly The Mulberry Inn)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Parking Included!
Ranked #12 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Orlando, Florida
“Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Absolutely loved this hotel. So cute! No noise. Our maids left us nice notes every day. The staff were so friendly. Great location. Would highly recommend this hotel. So happy we picked this hotel. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Ross P, Front Office Manager at The Brice, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Kristina725- Thank you so much for the awesome and kind words! All of our staff sends out sincere gratitude as well for the lovely shoutout. Please come back and see us sometime soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We love the Kimptons, and the Brice is no exception. We upgraded to a suite so we had a lot of space. The décor continues the Kimpton tradition of quirky elegant, and here the traditional leopard print bathrobes were augmented with seersucker robes to reflect the Southern ambiance. The interior courtyard was cool and breezy despite the warm fall weather. And the staff, while still learning, displayed the same desire to please that we have come to expect. We were especially well treated at the bar. The hotel is a bit away from the main areas of interest, but we enjoyed walking and most places we wanted to visit were not too far.

Room Tip: There is some noise from the street, but it is not too bad so don't be deterred from a room on t...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
siddog- Thank you so much for the tremendous review from your recent stay at the Brice! Being a fellow Kimptonite (I'm a little biased) I'm glad to see that you recognize our style and desire to give the best possible service to all of our guests. Please see us again next time you're in Savannah (seersucker robes will still be here!) and we look forward to next time you come and see us. Thanks again and take care!
River Grove, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Nice hotel. Location is a little off the beaten path, but ok location. Beware of the shins on the corner of the beds. Pool and fitness room were still under construction. Super Clean!!! Very nice valet. Front desk - nice. Quick check in and out. If you do not like dogs, this is not a good place for you.

Room Tip: If you are a Kipton member you will get free wi-fi and some other perks.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Kim L - Thank you very much for the very gracious review! Please know that we are working diligently to have the pool and fitness center ready as soon as possible. Trust me, we want those open ASAP as well!! Thanks again for staying with us at the Brice, and we look forward to hosting you again in the future. Take care!
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

From the moment we arrived at the Brice Hotel my husband and I were greeted by a wonderful group of very friendly valets. Rodney was extremely friendly and quickly collected our luggage and walked us into the registration desk. At the registration desk, we were greeted by two exceptional ladies, Nika and Jessica. They apologized because our room was not ready yet and asked us to wait in the lobby for a few minutes while they contacted housekeeping to see when our room would be ready. Our wait was brief and they quickly walked over with the keys to our beautiful room overlooking the courtyard - Room 250. Rodney escorted us to our room and offered to help us with getting reservations for dinner to a highly recommended The Olde Pink House Restaurant. He also reserved a horse drawn carriage tour for our first night after dinner. Rodney, Nika, Jessica and Lily were very helpful throughout our stay and offered many suggestions of places to go and things to do in Savannah including restaurants and tours, etc. We also received excellent service from Dylan and the other young men outside the hotel, they always had a smile on their faces and were very friendly. The room itself was beautifully decorated and clean. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were great! The hotel is located in a great spot close to the River front and we could walk everywhere we wanted. Their are many great restaurants in the area and lots of things to do. I want to say a special thanks to Nika and Jessica who sent a birthday surprise to my husband on our first night stay. He was very surprised by their gracious and delicious slice of key lime pie and bottle of wine with a personalized note wishing him a great birthday. Staff like the one at the Brice Hotel is exceptional, friendly and hard to find. I hope that their bosses are aware of the great service they are providing to their guests. We will definitely recommend this hotel to all our friends and hopefully come back soon!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
JackieM - Thank you so much for the fantastic review!! We are beyond ecstatic that you had such a great birthday weekend. As you can tell, we love celebrating with our guests during any special occasion! Rodney, Nika, Jessica, Dylan, and Lily all say thank you for the kind shout-out! Please don't hesitate to see us on your next birthday. Thanks again and take care!
Kearny, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

A lovely updated boutique hotel in an excellent location. Staff is very professional and very helpful. Unfortunaly the hotel allows dogs in the rooms on the first two floors. The room has that wet hair smell. I would recommend staying on the third floor. A block away from the restaurants and action on River Street. A lovely setting in between two parks.

• Stayed October 2014
Pacific1991- Thank you so much for the awesome review! I big thank you from our staff for the super kind words. Please don't hesitate to come see us again next time you're in Savannah. Thanks again!
Allentown NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The staff at the Brice were top notch and friendly from check in thru departure . We stayed three nights and would definitely recommend it. Beds were VERY comfortable, good coffee every morning in the lobby. Really enjoyed the "secret garden" space. It is on the edge of the river street and historic districts but it is on a trolley stop and we still walked to everything.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Ross P, Front Office Manager at The Brice, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, 4 days ago
LisaNJCPA - Thank you so much for the superb words from your recent stay at the Brice! We are so glad that we could help make your anniversary a stay to remember. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us next time you're in Savannah, as we'd like to host you for your next anniversary (and the one after that, and after that, etc!). Thanks again and we look forward to hosting you again!
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at a Kimpton hotel in downtown Miami several years ago and loved it. So when I was planning our long weekend in Savannah I was happy to see a new Kimpton there.

The outside of the building is unimpressive and I was a little nervous upon arriving. But the interior of the hotel blew me away. The lobby, the rooms, the courtyard, the restaurant/bar, all beautifully decorated and trendy. I loved it! And I especially loved the environmentally-friendly culture of the hotel.

A few minor comments first:
- Our minibar was missing a bottle opener which was a bummer as I had to make a late night trip to the front desk to get one. Something housekeeping should note when cleaning the rooms but as I said, minor.
- We left our room at 9:30am and returned at 3:30pm to find that it had not been serviced yet. Housekeeping knocked on our door at 4:15 but we were getting ready for an early dinner out. When we returned from dinner the room had been made up. I know the hotel was full when we were there, but again, a bit of a bummer.
- The pool and exercise room were not open yet when we stayed, which I did not know when I booked the room but I was advised before we arrived (which was great) so I could have changed plans but that wasn't a deal-breaker for us.

That said, on my previous trip to Savannah I stayed on an upper floor at a hotel down the street that had a great view of the river. At the Brice we had a first-floor room on the street side, so no view. But I would sacrifice the view again for the quality and service at The Brice.

Rooms are large and comfortable. My husband and I had a suite with separate living area while my 2 teenagers had a standard size room. I appreciate having the sink/mirror outside of the shower/toilet room. Although as noted by some others here, the shower/toilet room is small and could be tight for a larger person. Thank you for providing an electrical outlet IN the bedside table, making it convenient to charge a phone. I love the bright pink drawers! And the yoga mat in the closet is a nice touch too.

The free wine from 5-6pm was a nice offering, although we didn't indulge. We did eat breakfast in the restaurant and had drinks at the bar. The food and service were outstanding.

Best of all is the staff. They are all really upbeat and full of energy and they made our stay there fun. A special shout-out to Andy at the front desk. When we asked about going to the beach, he not only gave us directions to Hilton Head, but in minutes he had us equipped with beach towels, beach bag, chairs, and sand toys! Don't be afraid to ask. Whatever you need, they will help!

Oh yeah, make sure you sign up as a Kimpton member so you can get free wifi.

I'm hoping my daughter decides to go to college in Savannah so I can stay at The Brice again!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
farawayNJ - First and foremost, thank you for the tremendous words from your recent stay at the Brice! We are beyond ecstatic that you enjoyed yourselves to the extent that you did. I have addressed the issues that were reported, and we will use that as a training tool to ensure the highest quality of guest service from here on out. Andy also says thanks for the shout-out, and we are lucky to have him as part of our Brice team. Thanks again, and hopefully we will be seeing you here at the Brice in the future! Take care!

Been to The Brice, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!