“Gorgeous everything!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Brice, a Kimpton Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Brice, a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
The Brice, a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   601 East Bay Street, Corners of Bay and Houston Streets, Savannah, GA 31401 (Formerly The Mulberry Inn) (Downtown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Parking Included!
Ranked #12 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California
“Gorgeous everything!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I am a Kimpton loyalist and Inner Circle member. Once again they exceeded their own reputation for service and the boutique hotel experience.

I had a suite on the 3rd floor. It was designed so beautifully! I wanted to move in on the spot. I loved overlooking the courtyard at night (I brought my chair and my wine outside on the veranda) as they have these lights strung across the property that make it magical. Ross made my stay exceptional from the first phone call giving him my number advise me when my room was ready as I was already in Savannah, to the greeting I got when I arrived and every time I saw him thereafter. My Inner Circle in-room treats were done with great humor and fun and (finally), I didnt have to identify myself as an Inner Circle member and ask for my "chefs special treat". It just arrived when I dined. Thank you so much Ross! Keep rocking the bow ties!

Room Tip: Top floor, suites overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed here for three nights on a "flash sale" deal.
We arrived at the wine reception which was good (for the wine!) and bad (because it was a bit busier). Initially we were put in a room which faced inside to the courtyard but I asked for a change and we were accommodated which was lovely.
Staff were lovely and friendly - the wine happy hour is lovely and we met some other guests there which made for a nice chat. The advice on where to eat was mixed (sent to a rather more touristy area on the first night) and what to do was good.
Room was lovely (a bit small but too be expected in the historic centre of Savannah) and the hotel had an overall more intimate feel than a "chain" hotel.
The pool was not ready but sign posting everywhere - frustrating!
I love staying at a Kimpton as the decor is different and snazzy and would definitely put this on the list to stay again if we visit Savannah.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces outside rather than into the courtyard.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
South Holland, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This hotel is in walking distance of many great areas to explore, including the river front. The rooms were clean, and I loved the contemporary decor. My favorite thing about this hotel is the beaitiful court yard. It is the perfect place to relax with a glass of wine after a long day of sightseeing!

• Stayed October 2014
Bethlehem
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Great location to stay if you want to tour the historic district of Savannah. To start off our 4 days, being a Kimpton rewards member provided us with wifi and a slight discount using the mini bar. The staff at the Brice was fantastic, beginning with Christie, Maurice and Rodney, they especially come to mind first as being top notch in their jobs. The hotel which just recently opened offered all the amenities of a five star hotel. There were just a couple things that could be done to improve what they currently have. One thing I found a bit inconvieient was trying to power up all our electronic devices. The location and number of accessible receptacles could be a bit better. One idea might be to provided a power strip near the TV's. The other item worth mentioning is the bathrooms. Traveling with another couple we both had king suites but the bathroom in our suite was pretty much not user friendly. We had a bathroom and shower in our bedroom area but the sink and mirrors etc. were in another room. Somewhat a bit cumbersome. Our friends who traveled with us had a larger bathroom, shower, jacuzzi tub, sink etc all in one area. That room was much more user friendly. I do realize the Brice was remodeled from a mulch older hotel and maybe some of things mentioned were just not able to be accomplished. Another thing that would be nice would be to have a continental breakfast, they do provide coffee and tea and a nice wine happy hour from 5 - 6 P.M. with some appy's. My mention of the breakfast only comes after viewing the amenities from other nearby hotels that do have them.

Room Tip: Rooms on the street side are a bit more noisy. If requesting a king suite, ask for the one with the...
Green Features: This hotel is very environmentally conscious, and does follow environmental concerns.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I am a Kimpton member and generally love the Kimpton hotels. When I read the excellant reviews on this property I was very exited to stay here. However, it just wasn't as great as I had hoped and maybe my expectations were just too high. First the bad, when we arrived at 1 our room was not ready. No big deal. The clerk told us that he thought a room would be ready in an hour and someone would call us when it was ready. So 3 hours later at the 4 clock check in time, we went back to the hotel and the room was ready, but no one called to let us know. I also requested a coffee maker and it never did make it to our room. Our room was nice, but the bathrooms are very small. Now the good. The customer service is general is pretty good and I did like the decor of the hotel. The courtyard is lovely and once the pool is open that area should be really nice too. Overall a little disappointed, but it was still a nice stay.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Mitch L, General Manager at The Brice, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Indiana1231,

Thank you so much for choosing the Brice. I also want to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay and for being a loyal Kimpton traveler!

Our goal is to exceed the expectations of our guests and in your case we did not and I apologize for that. We have reviewed your comments with our team to make sure they understand the importance of following through on our guest's requests.

I hope when your travels bring you back to Savannah, you will give us another chance to show you we are the Kimpton that you know and love!

Mitch Linder
Saint Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed at the Brice in October 2014 for a Bachelorette weekend. I can't say enough about the exceptional staff. From the moment we arrived, everyone bent over backwards to make our stay enjoyable and unforgettable. The valets were so helpful, told great ghost stories, and helped a big group of girls with our never ending luggage with a big smile. Mo was especially awesome- he went above and beyond the call of duty. The front desk staff was warm and accommodating, and we even received an early check-in, free drink coupons, and an upgrade to a suite for one of our rooms. The hotel itself couldn't be in a better location, walking distance to everything - we only needed a cab once! The hotel is so fresh and bright- the decor is modern yet comfortable. The rooms are very large for a historic downtown hotel, clean, and plenty of amenities. The beds were HEAVENLY! Despite a little noise from the street (block w/ ear plugs or white noise), I slept like a baby. We even had the best breakfast at the hotel's restaurant and the sweetest waitress. The hotel also has a nightly wine reception and you can take the wine to go. Overall, the staff and the ambiance of the Brice hotel made our friend's Savannah Bachelorette party such a wonderful weekend and an unforgettable trip. True Southern hospitality! I would stay their again in a heartbeat if I ever find myself lucky enough to re-visit Savannah.

Room Tip: Sign up for their rewards program to receive free in-room wi-fi. We had a beautiful view of the riv...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Ross P, Front Office Manager at The Brice, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, 5 days ago
E_TNgrl_W_NCboy- Thank you so much for the awesome review! Anytime I see the words "exceptional" "unforgettable" and "HEAVENLY" it gives me goosebumps. I'm beyond thrilled that you and your bachelorette posse enjoyed themselves to the extent that you did!! Please don't hesitate to come and see us again anytime for any occasion! Thanks again and take care!
Templepatrick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Great location. Just on the edge of the historic district and a few minutes walk from the water front.
Super clean and comfortable hotel and wonderful friendly staff. Enjoyed the breakfast and the complimentary drinks from 5 to 6 in the courtyard.
Just love Kimpton hotels!

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Ross P, Front Office Manager at The Brice, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Ann F- Thank you so much for the fantabulastic (ok, I may have made that word up) review!! It's always rewarding to see such wonderful words, because everything that you stated is our mission at Kimpton and the Brice. Thank you so much again, and please don't hesitate to come see us again the next time you're passing through. Take care!

Been to The Brice, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!