“recommended” 4 of 5 stars

15% Off + FREE Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
“recommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

great location, friendly staff and clean rooms. only complaint is that the rooms are small (but sufficient) and our room was facing an indoor atrium used for the breakfast bar. there were people using the room on a friday night until about 1215. so i could literally hear people chatting and laughing just outside our window until way past the normal hour. called the front desk and they said it was from the restaurant next door but that he would take care of it. the chatter stopped about fifteen minutes later. overall enjoyed the stay though and would come again.

Room Tip: if you get a room facing the indoor atrium, you may hear people talking outside your window late int...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
Bristol, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Lovely place, wonderful accommodations, great food. We only stayed one night, but we especially enjoyed the wine and cheese and the delicious breakfast. We walked to a local brewery/restaurant for a casual dinner and had fun, even in the pouring rain! We'll definitely try to get back again!

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

The place is beautiful especially the lobby. For a reasonable price (compared to the other Victorian accommodations in town) you can get a real taste of the South.

My room was at the back of the building so a bit dark and with no view, but decorated with good taste. Everything was clean but the shampoo and conditioner bottles in the shower have not been replaced after the previous guest used them.

The staff was very pleasant, however when I checked in my room was not yet ready. They took my number and told me they will text me when it would be ready. They never did, so I had to wonder in town for hours until I figured out that my room had to be ready by then... After a night spent on a plane that was not the best way to start my stay in Savannah. On the other hand I really appreciated the call from reception later on this afternoon, to check if everything was fine with me and the room.

The breakfast was good but lacked savoury options.

I didn't see or heard any ghosts but if you go on a ghost tour you will get plenty of stories about this building. I guess it's part of the charm.

• Stayed February 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I travel constantly for work. The Marshall House is the best way to experience Savannah. The location is set perfectly in the middle of town - you can walk everywhere. The lobby and public areas are beautiful and their historic nature makes one feel as though you've stepped back in time. The staff went out of their way to assist. The standard king room was elegant, a high ceiling and a fireplace and perfectly appointed furniture and artwork. I slept deeply on the large comfortable mattress. When my wife and I return to Savannah as we often do, The Marshall House is our new "must have" location.

Room Tip: ask for a room that faces the street
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Beautiful hotel with lots of character. We stayed here for two weeks, perfect location, walking distance to everywhere in theHistoric District, few blocks from riverfront. Broughton St has several eating places, shopping, Leopold's ice-cream in next block, Sakura sushi straight across the street, convenience store across.
The first week we walked the whole area "You see Savannah from your feet, not your seat" I was told and so true. Visited all 22 Squares, Forsyth Park, riverfront, ate at different places, went to see the Lady Chablis. Took a cab to Bonaventure Cemetery
Second week we rented a car for travels to Charleston, Hilton Head, Tybee, Beaufort...plus further into Savannah for malls, movies and laundromat.
Weather was great, only one rainy day.
Valet parked $15/ night, well worth the convenience and lack of worry. (Swings and roundabouts people..$15 seems like a lot to some..but some hotels charge $15/ day for wifi..free here, which I loved. Hotels that charge for wifi annoy me) Tip the valet parkers!
(Thought about staying at different places when visiting different places, but much nicer to have a welcoming base to return to.)
Lovely staff, everyone super helpful and cheerful. Carlton's smiles in the morning made my day.
Room..we had a King room, very comfortable bed. Fridge in room. Coffee maker. Occasionally noise from above (busier at weekends) and fairly loud AC, but ear plugs ensure the perfect sleep! We were street side and didn't ever get disturbed by street noise. Bathroom was small but perfectly adequate.
Housekeeping is awesome…rooms were spotless. Even if the do not disturb sign is left on they leave a bag of fresh towels and soaps etc on the door. 2 bottles of water every day were great for travels. I left the do not disturb sign on door when I didn't want towels changed (environmentally guilty about the daily change!)
Business office available free, for printing etc.

Complimentary breakfast..perfect for us. Delicious hot quiches and biscuits, cereals, mixed breads, bagels, pastries, fresh fruit etc. Never got tired of it, enough to mix it up each morning. If you want the whole hog..plenty of places nearby.
Eve..complimentary wine and cheese Sun to Thurs in lounge from 5:30 to 7. Also much appreciated! We met so many different people at the wine and cheese (Luanne and Marco x), lots just calling in, mid travels…many interesting stories, tips and ideas for further travels.

Sad to leave. We will definitely return to the same hotel when in Savannah.

Room Tip: Away from the elevator and ice machine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Great location,comfortable beds,the history,the staff were awesome.If you are looking for a wonderful place to take your spouse.for a weekend get away this is the place! Romanic late afternoon walks on river street,was the greatest also tybee island is not far away..

• Stayed February 2013
Gainesville, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Okay, so we were only there for one night, but I must say, it was memorable. The exceptional staff and their superb customer service, made our stay!. Loved the history of the inn, which dates back to the late 1800s. The accommodations were very nice with comfortable beds and a nice large shower, which made for a relaxing stay. I will admit that there was quite a bit of upper level floor noise, but to me, that's part of the experience of staying in an old inn!

The breakfast included quiches, biscuits, fruit, cereals, pastries, juices, and coffee, so I think that there is enough to suit most tastes.

We wanted to eat at 45 Bistro, but we were there during Savannah's Restaurant Week, so many of the notable restaurants were already booked, so I cannot comment, but I've heard that it is a very good place to dine.

We went to Savannah to shop, but if I were to go again, I would concentrate on the history of the area. To me, that would be worth it far more than the shopping experience, which was awful!!

Room Tip: Room 322 was very nice, with two queen beds, and plenty of room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Marshall House? Share your experiences!