“Absolutely charming!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Absolutely charming!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Great location,comfortable beds,the history,the staff were awesome.If you are looking for a wonderful place to take your spouse.for a weekend get away this is the place! Romanic late afternoon walks on river street,was the greatest also tybee island is not far away..

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
Gainesville, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Okay, so we were only there for one night, but I must say, it was memorable. The exceptional staff and their superb customer service, made our stay!. Loved the history of the inn, which dates back to the late 1800s. The accommodations were very nice with comfortable beds and a nice large shower, which made for a relaxing stay. I will admit that there was quite a bit of upper level floor noise, but to me, that's part of the experience of staying in an old inn!

The breakfast included quiches, biscuits, fruit, cereals, pastries, juices, and coffee, so I think that there is enough to suit most tastes.

We wanted to eat at 45 Bistro, but we were there during Savannah's Restaurant Week, so many of the notable restaurants were already booked, so I cannot comment, but I've heard that it is a very good place to dine.

We went to Savannah to shop, but if I were to go again, I would concentrate on the history of the area. To me, that would be worth it far more than the shopping experience, which was awful!!

Room Tip: Room 322 was very nice, with two queen beds, and plenty of room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
White Plains, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I first visited Savannah a few years ago as part of a multi city road-trip. My friend and I stayed at the Marshall House and absolutely loved it. Since then I have made it my business to get back to Savannah whenever I could, and I have always stayed at the Marshall House. I recently stayed there again for the fourth time, this time with my wife and another couple. We love everything about this place. It feels like old Savannah. It is very charming and has it's own personality in a way a chain hotel wouldn't. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Our room was a bit small, but I think that it to be expected at such an old hotel. We loved that they had a wine and cheese reception in the parlor one of the nights we stayed. I know it made me feel a lot fancier than I am. There is a continental breakfast served in a beautiful atrium. I've eaten a lot of continental breakfast's in my time, but this one was certainly in the nicest setting I can remember. The food was fine, although it wouldn't have killed them to put out something hot, like bacon. It was mostly danish, bagels, etc. Another great thing about the Marshall House is the location. It is right in the middle of the historic district of Savannah. You are only a few blocks from River Street, and Broughton Street which is where the Marshall House is has a lot of great shopping and restaurants itself. Also, I am a person who is very particular about sleep. Even though the Marshall House is in a great location, I could never hear any street noise at all. If you;re visiting Savannah, stay at the Marshall House. You will absolutely love it!

Davidson, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed at the Marshall House while we were in town for a friends wedding & thoroughly enjoyed our stay! It's a very old hotel but has been nicely renovated. The rooms can be a bit small but this is to be expected in older buildings. The entire staff was super friendly & had an answer to all of our questions. My favorite was when the valet had my car warm on a chilly Saturday morning when I needed it!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Plumley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

The hotel and staff are great. Our too
318 was extremely noisy from the room above and the people in the corridor. I did not like the shower with a curtain and extremely small. The continental breakfast has no selection and not worth bothering with. The guest services and valets are extremely helpful

• Stayed February 2013
Sevierville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We spent one night here on our way to Fla. We stayed on the front side of the hotel with a balcony room. The hotel was taken over by Sherman and his men during the Civil war and was turned into a hospital for Union Troops. There are supposed strolling around on the fourth floor. It was a very pretty, clean place to stay. The only draw back was you could hear everyone in the hallway. So try to stay away from the elevator and stairs. The staff is very helpful and the Asst. Manager even gave us some interesting information on the hotel and its history. Nice buffet breakfast in the Atrium. The rooms are nice and airy, with high ceilings, and our room had floor to ceiling windows that opened onto the front patio. Price is quite reasonable. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevator and stairway.
Oskaloosa, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Excellent stay at The Marshall House, the staff was so friendly and helpful. Loved the complimentary wine and cheese every eve. Breakfast was wonderful also, with a great selection of healthy choices. Location was ideal close to shopping and riverfront and historical parks. Love, Love, can't wait to come back to stay at this wonderful Hotel. The staff is the Best.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Marshall House? Share your experiences!