“NOT IMPRESSED WITH THIS LA QUINTA” 2 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Savannah Midtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6805 Abercorn Street, Savannah, GA 31405   |
Ranked #66 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
Grand Bend, Canada
“NOT IMPRESSED WITH THIS LA QUINTA”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2009

The night prior to this stay we stayed at a La Quinta in Richmond, Kentucky which was very clean. I guess you can't count on all of them being as clean. The room we were given in Savannah was totally disgusting (carpet filthy, bathroom floor covered in hair). That is the only complaint I have because the lobby areas were clean, the breakfast was decent, the staff were friendly, there was free internet/printer available for guests and the price was reasonable. The location wasn't too far from the historic district and there is a Denny's next door to the property. Hopefully after enough complaints the cleanliness will improve.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

My aunt and I stayed at this motel and when we called to see if they had rooms for the time we would be in Savannah they said it would be cheaper to make the reservations on line. We did that and used my aunts AARP card which was supposed to bring the room to $39.00. When we got our confirmation # it said we would have to pay the regular rate. When we got to the motel I asked what happen to the rate we were supposed to get if we booked on line and used the AARP card and she replied "Oh that rate is for some other dates" When I showed her the print out of the price for the dates we wanted she said they are only sometimes that rate. So strike 1. Then when we parked the car near our room there was a open condom pack in fromt of the door. I kicked it to the side and it stayed there for 2 days!! I then went into the shower and by the time I got out the water was more than half still in the tub. I called the front desk and she sent the guy to check it out. He said the water couldn't go down because the cap of a shampooh bottle was blocking it. (which I guess the housecleaning didn't wash down the shower after the last people stayed there or they would have noticed the water not going down) I'm glad we sprayed the bathroom down with Lysol before we did anything. The chairs around the pool were black with nasty. As I had washed my clothes I kept my eye out on a roach hanging around. I refuse to touch the ice machine because it was filthy. The door to the room had an opening on the bottom I was always afraid one of the many roches hanging around would come in. The door had a spider web in the corner with a fly caught up in it. This place was a night mare!!!I would Never ever recommed this place to anyone.The only thing I can say good about this place was they offered a nice breakfast.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

My daughter went into early labor in September and I had to rush to Savannah from New Orleans. The hotel staff were excellent and were very accommodating with my stay, as I didn't know how long I would be at the hotel - they kept the room on hold for me each day of my day. In addition, they kept me stocked in coffee and even saved a few danishes for me each day. I can't say enough about the service I received

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

This was the worst room I have ever stayed in in my life. The room smelled of mildew, and there was a huge crack under the door that bugs could have walked right in. My allergies started to act up upon arriving in the room. The inside of the hotel should have been condemmed years ago. The Board of Health should be notified of this hotel. It is not fit for human habitation. I would not stay in this hotel if it were free. I am still itching from the experience.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Roanoke, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

Traveled to Savannah with my mother and a family relative to visit niece and her family. Other family members had stayed at this hotel previously without complaint but not within the last two-three years. We booked reservations for a suite about 3 weeks in advance. The price was very reasonable compared to hotels in the historic district. I did not expect a 4 star hotel at the price. Didn't require a lot of frills; all we needed was a clean bed and bath while visiting family. Arrived at hotel around 4 p.m. Front desk clerk was very nice. Front area was dated and a little shabby looking but appeared clean. Suite was 2 rooms; a sitting area with a sofa bed and a bedroom with a king-sized bed. Pulled out the sofa bed and it was obvious the linens had not been changed since they were black with dirt. The bathroom was disgusting. The tub was very dirty with hair and scum and there was a huge wad of scummy, nasty looking hair in the toilet. The toilet would not even flush adequately enough to get rid of the hair. The bathroom floors didn't appear to have been cleaned, the carpets had not been vacuumed, the curtains were coming off the rods and the room smelled sour and musty. Looked like a seedy motel from an old movie from the 50's. Spoke to the front desk who said they would have housekeeping change the sheets on both beds, clean the bath and vacuum the room. Very apologetic; said they had "forgotten to clean the room from the guests who had checked out 2 days ago". ??? Spoke with the manager who offered us a free nights stay and a move to another suite AFTER they cleaned IT. Since we weren't trying to check in early for our reservations, I don't think we should have had to even tell them to clean the room before we could stay in it. I would think that it would be standard procedure by housekeeping to clean a room as soon as guests check out; not when they check in. We opted to cancel our reservations and stay at another hotel downtown.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

Worst hotel stay I have experienced. The room was very dirty with mold/mildew shower curtain. Linens were soiled and the carpet was filthy. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Pamplico, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

First I must say that I am wondering WHERE at this motel were ppl were staying bc it was not our room or any room that had lights on with thecurtain open!!! The staff is very nice...southern hospitality, in fact 2 hours after arriving they called to see if the room was satisfactory or if we needed anything! The rooms were clean without any dirt that might have been overlooked. the carpet was clean and I would have not thought twice walking around with bare feet or socks on! I liked the large bathroom, as that is always a plus when u have 2 ppl trying to get ready at the same time!!!!. We preferred not to have our room cleaned while we were out (travelled with our 2 dogs with no extra fee) but we were always able to exchange the old towels out with the new! There is internet in the rooms as well as a computer in their lobby to use at your convenience. The pool was very clean, including the water and the poolside area. The brkfst was always replenished as soon as the food ran out. The woman taking care of replenishing the food was super friendly and always had a smile on her face.....prompts to you, my friend!!!! The choices were plentiful....hard boiled eggs, bagels, toast, muffins, hot and cold cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, waffle maker. and of course the juices. I will agree that the dining area is VERY limited. I believe that there are only 9-10 "little" round tables that will seat 2 ppl. It can get very congested in there at times especially when the hotel was booked for one of the nights we stayed. If there was someone who might be more particular with their selections, Denny's Rest. is on site of the hotel.
Without hestitation, if we were travelling again to the area that I would stay at this hotel again....I'd do it in a heartbeat. They are VERY correct to say Comfy beds on their website....that describes it well!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn Savannah Midtown? Share your experiences!