“Terrible Rooms” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #69 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Atlanta
“Terrible Rooms”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

Worst hotel stay I have experienced. The room was very dirty with mold/mildew shower curtain. Linens were soiled and the carpet was filthy. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Pamplico, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

First I must say that I am wondering WHERE at this motel were ppl were staying bc it was not our room or any room that had lights on with thecurtain open!!! The staff is very nice...southern hospitality, in fact 2 hours after arriving they called to see if the room was satisfactory or if we needed anything! The rooms were clean without any dirt that might have been overlooked. the carpet was clean and I would have not thought twice walking around with bare feet or socks on! I liked the large bathroom, as that is always a plus when u have 2 ppl trying to get ready at the same time!!!!. We preferred not to have our room cleaned while we were out (travelled with our 2 dogs with no extra fee) but we were always able to exchange the old towels out with the new! There is internet in the rooms as well as a computer in their lobby to use at your convenience. The pool was very clean, including the water and the poolside area. The brkfst was always replenished as soon as the food ran out. The woman taking care of replenishing the food was super friendly and always had a smile on her face.....prompts to you, my friend!!!! The choices were plentiful....hard boiled eggs, bagels, toast, muffins, hot and cold cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, waffle maker. and of course the juices. I will agree that the dining area is VERY limited. I believe that there are only 9-10 "little" round tables that will seat 2 ppl. It can get very congested in there at times especially when the hotel was booked for one of the nights we stayed. If there was someone who might be more particular with their selections, Denny's Rest. is on site of the hotel.
Without hestitation, if we were travelling again to the area that I would stay at this hotel again....I'd do it in a heartbeat. They are VERY correct to say Comfy beds on their website....that describes it well!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

I was concerned with the price of the motel. Was extremely pleasantly surprised to find a nice clean room with plenty of space.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

Stayed 3 days and though towels were replaced nothing else was touched, bed, coffee nothing. I have never heard of that. The breakfast area was so small that you couldn't get into it to prepare your plate without elbowing it with the others. there was some mold in the shower. all it would take is some clorox, hello?

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, nc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2009

I'll start at the beginning. When we first checked in, our A/C in our room did not work, what really made me mad about that whole situation was that the housekeeper had just cleaned the room and did not say anything to anyone about how the room was 90 degrees and the A/C unit was making this rapid clicking sound and not putting out any cold air, why do the guests have to deal with the problems when the staff are aware of them?? So instead of the front desk switching us to another room, they send maintenance which took about 20 mins. for him to get there. The maintenance guy could not figure out what was wrong with the A/C so he said he was going to switch out the entire unit. Well, that is a great solution except we had to sit in the hot hotel room for another 15-20 mins. to wait for him to come back. When he finally came back he just had an empty cart to tote away the bad unit. Wouldn't it have made more sense to bring the new A/C unit on the cart to the room so everything could be done at once?? Then the unit wouldn't come out of the wall, he struggled with this for another 10 mins. I got fed up and called the desk again and told them we were moving to another room at which time they agreed to move us. We had to repack our car and go get keys to another room and unpack the car again. In the next room, the A/C worked but the internet did not. Throughout our stay we could only get the internet to work for prob. 20 mins. (off and on). The maintenance guy even told us "oh yeah, it goes down all the time". The front desk was zero help with this problem and their tech support line was even worse. Got up the next morning and turned on our coffee pot in the room to make a pot of coffee - guess what, that didn't work either!!! When I complained to the front desk they said there was nobody there that could bring me a new one. I asked to see a manager and they said he would be down to speak with us - he never showed, when I called back the next day (on a Sat.) I was told "oh the general manager does not work on the weekends"! So I asked to speak with the assistant manager and guess what - she wasn't there either. I was told she would be in "at some point" that day. I left a note with my cell phone number with the front desk and told them I wanted a call from the manager as soon as she came in - never got a call. I called the front desk AGAIN that afternoon and to my surprise, the assistant manager was right there by the phone. After explaining to her all of our problems, she finally came down to see us, brought us a new coffee pot and still said there was nothing they could do about the internet. I told her at the very least I felt they should comp one of the three nights we had stayed there for all of our troubles, she agreed and only charged us for 2 nights. Overall, we were not impressed at all with this property, it is old and run down and the impression we got from the staff was that if they ignored us long enough that we would eventually give up. Paid $90 a night at this dump (after taxes and fees), was SO not worth that kind of money. Do yourself a favor, spend a little bit more money and stay at a Fairfield Inn, Hampton, etc.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Kennesaw,Ga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

We stayed June 4th - 7th with our 4 children and 3 dogs. Yes, 3 dogs! We brought our 2 German Shepherds and one Poodle/mix. We had NO problems at all. They didnt bark but maybe a few times and never had a complaint once.

The rooms were clean but the beds were too small. My husband had to sleep in one bed with one child and I slept in the other bed with another child. Our other two children slept in another room with another friend.

We didnt like that you dont get a microwave or a fridge either. The breakfast was good and never ran out. Well the orange juice was always watered down, yuck! The pool was clean and luckily we didnt stay in a room right next to the pool.

I heard it got loud once or twice while we were there but never heard any of it because we slept on the other side. We did have a problem with towels every time we went to the pool.

Their never was enough for everyone at once. The pool temperature was nice, but I really wish their was a jacuzzi :O) We do plan on staying at a La Quinta again in the future because of our pets.

Oh and our BIGGEST complaint, NOT enough parking!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Taylor, MI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2009

We were very disappointed with this establishment. We have stayed at other La Quintas across the country.
Our room looked like it had not been cleaned. All the furniture was sticky as well as the TV remote control. The bathroom floor had black scuff marks and looked dingy. I wiped up a small space to make sure I was not being too critical and the dirt came up with just a piece of wet toilette paper.
Also, there was only one towel, one washcloth, 1/4 of a roll of toilette paper and no Kleenex. I walked to the front desk to request these things (I could not get anyone to answer the phone), also, to tell them how our room didn't look clean. They apologized for the condition of the room and lead me to believe it would be taken care of sometime during the next day. I walked back with a roll of toilette paper and a washcloth and towel. The Kleenex would come the next day. We could have asked for another room but to be honest we assumed the conditions would be the same.
The next day we planned to visit historic Savannah. We were told by the clerk at the front desk that the shuttle will pick us up at 7:30 A.M.; 9:30 A.M. or 11:00 A.M. We made the arrangements to be picked up at 9:30 the following morning since the night clerk obviously did not want to go out of her way to help us with anything the evening before. Of course the next morning when we did make our arrangements for the shuttle we discovered instead of having time for breakfast, the driver was at the door waiting for us less than 10 minutes after being called. (According to the times we were told the night before, we had 1/2 hour to eat. When we did get on the bus we found out there is only one time the shuttle comes to pick up guest and we just made it.
We arrived back in our room after spending the day in historic Savannah to find the room still not cleaned. There were two towels and washcloths but no soap and still no Kleenex. Another trek to the front desk and I was handed the supplies.
I would recommend anyone to look around before settling on this place and Enter At Your Own Risk!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn Savannah Midtown? Share your experiences!