“Loved my stay!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, Ga
“Loved my stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2007

Great location. Great service. Great room view. very comfortable beds. i wish we could have avoided the valet daily cost but i guess thats the 2007 way of bussiness. I will definelty reccomend this hotel.

• Liked — clean and great location
  • Disliked — no hot tub.jaquizzi.small pool
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
Montgomery Village, MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2007

I was disappointed with the Hyatt Regency Savannah. I attended a wedding there and my overall stay was not terrible but "less than okay" with some problems.

The first front desk clerk seemed to demonstrate preferential treatment to customers. She was not as attentive to me. She apologized when it was brought to her attention.

My bathtub was not cleaned after using it for the first time. The housekeeper seemingly cleaned the bathroom during the morning of my second night but she did not clean the ring around my bathtub,

On the terrace facing the river, there were matches and cigarette butts on the ground.

I must add that the waitresses in the Windows restaurant could not have been nicer. They were lovely.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — One front desk clerk and the dirtyness of the bathroom
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2007

Stayed in Savannah one night to meet up with a friend who lives in town. I liked the hotel. Convenient location, once I parked my car, I didn't need it again until I left. The staff was very professional and helpful, although the bar staff could be a little more attentive (we are paying $7 for a cocktail!). Breakfast buffet was good, but too expensive for what you get. Room was small, but the bed was comfortable. Overall, I'd stay there again, but would never pay full price.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — food is overpriced
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2007

Hotel couldn't have been in a better place, right on River Street/ in the the bustle of the Historic District and within seconds of any attraction. My friend and I covered the complete Historic District, without ever taking our car out of parking. The hotel was nice, looked very fancy in the lobby and upon entering the room. Beds were amazing-very soft, lots of pillows. As for the actuall hotel, it really was an older hotel trying to look nice. Our bathroom was pretty old and looked outdated (it was clean...just used many times e.g. tub had visable stains, grout looked aged). Also, the pool was crap. It was small, the liner in it was coming up and it was also old. They didn't have a hot tub (which would have been nice since we walked everywhere). Last, beware of room service/food within the hotel...it was very pricy. Concluding (back to the location)...it was worth staying in an older hotel just to be near everything, this really was in the ideal location!

Stayed July 2007
atlanta, ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2007

Very, very pleased with our stay. Immaculate room, clean baby crib, updated bathroom, the best view of the river, River Street, and Savannah from one room! Highly recommended.

Stayed February 2007
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2007

I booked this hotel on Hotwire as a 3.5 star hotel. I was really hoping the hotel was the Hyatt because I was in Savannah on business years ago and some of the people in our group stayed at the Hyatt and really liked it. The Hyatt is wonderful and in a great location. The staff was helpful and friendly and made sure that everything was comfortable and acceptable with us. The bell men were extra helpful. We booked two tours with the concierge that picked us up on River Street either at or very near the Hyatt. The first day of our trip we ate at One Eyed Lizzy's on River Street and it was very good. We ate at Windows (the Hyatt restaurant that overlooks the river) for the early bird southern buffet on the second day of our trip. Great value and the food was excellent. All you can eat and you want to try everything because it all looks so good. We sat overlooking the river and dolphin watching while eating! The room was average size with a nice city view. The bed had very comfortable linens, a pillow top mattress and six pillows. It was wonderful climbing into that bed after a long, hot day of walking around Savannah. We had a leather chair with an ottoman, desk with Internet hook up and a small entertainment center. Bathroom was nice but a little small. The appearance of the room was lovely but this is an older hotel. If you are looking for brand spanking new, its not.
The only down side was if I had wanted to use the Internet, there was a charge to use the computers in the business center and a charge to use an Internet application available on the television system. But I was there on pleasure not for business and I had done all my Internet research before I arrived.
Because of location and value by using Hotwire, I don’t think we would want to stay anywhere else when we come back to Savannah. And we will be back!
P.S. This is my first time using Hotwire and it was a great experience. I tried Priceline but kept getting rejected and my next bid would have been higher than what I paid on Hotwire. Make sure if you are using these sights to check back and forth while bidding.

Stayed July 2007
Jacksonville, Fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2007

We booked a weekend vacation using my Hyatt Reward Points and were not OVERLY impressed with this hotel, there are Hyatts around the country that are much more elegant. The Hotel/Room was clean. However you could tell the rooms had been well used, the decor was updated but there were stains on the ceilings, marks on the walls and chipped paint in the bathrooms.

The service was great and the location was perfect for getting around in the Historic District.

If they would have taken a little more time/money to actually fix the hotel not just decorate it would have been a 5 in my book.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hyatt Regency Savannah? Share your experiences!