“Loved it!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Orlando, Florida
“Loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2007

Outstanding service. My husband and I switched hotels during our stay(because of frequent stay coupons from another hotel chain) and the bell boy made a point to track me down to tell me I had left a pair of shoes in the room. I have not found service like that in many hotels. The restaurant is nice, as is the bar. The hotel is centrally located in the middle of River Street and very convenient for walking tours, trolley tours, etc.

• Liked — the service
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2007

My daughter and I stayed at the Hyatt for four nights March 8th thru March 12th, and absolutely loved it. We had a second floor river view room. The river view is industrial but still very beautiful. The room was clean and well stocked with toiletries. The location is excellent for touring in the historic district. We would highly recommend eating at the Pirate House in the Historic District, but make reservations ahead of time or you will be waiting a long time. The hotel staff at the front desk was extremely helpful and check in and out was very fast. The only problem we experienced was on Monday morning we needed to be at the airport by 5:00 am. I called down to the front desk the night before to ensure that we would have a taxi waiting to take us to the airport. The front desk called back that evening and confirmed we would have one waiting for us. When we got down stairs there was no taxi. It took the staff at the front desk about 20 minutes to find one to accommodate us. Considering this was our only problem we felt it was an excellent place and would definitely return.

Stayed March 2007
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2007

Stayed at the Hyatt for a business convention. Property is in a nice location but service is uneven at best. Business center contains antiquated equipment but health center contains nearly all new equipment. Business center was out of paper and only one computer terminal worked. When there was paper for the printer the toner cartridge was dead. The machine to take credit card to operate the equipment was also dead.

The bellman was excellent but the desk help was atrocious. It did not seem as though they had enough help in the hotel. The concierge was of no help in providing even basic directions to nearby landmarks. He acted as though he did not want to be bothered.

The hotel looks pretty tired.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Service
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2007

The Hotel itself would be beautiful, if it were not for the DIRT and SMELL. It's old but clean is ageless.
The front desk staff are NOT helpful, totally uncooperative and the bell boys just watch people walk by, they don't open the taxi door, nor do they help with the luggage as the entrance of the hotel is at an incline, and I’m assuming it’s their job?
This hotel needs a change of management if it's going to survive and it DESPERATELY NEEDS A GOOD CLEANING.
It wouldn't hurt for the staff to flash a smile either. That doesn't cost any effort.
I stayed here because I had a great experience at the Tampa Hyatt but these are 2 different Hyatt’s.
I have stayed at many Hyatt’s all over the world but Savannah was the worst.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cleanliness, staff
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2007

I stayed at the hotel for a conference. The conference rate of $190 a night was the best rate I could get. This was cheaper than the AAA and other special rates. When I asked for the free breakfast available with the AAA rate, I was told I could not get this because I was getting such a cheap rate. Parking was an additional $17 a day and since it is valet, add tips.

I arrived at 2:00 and the room was ready.

I had a room with an inside balcony that overlooked the lobby. This worked out great because there was a strong cleaning smell when I entered the room and I was able to open the sliding glass doors to air out the room. It was fine within an hour.

There were lots of pillows so I didn't have to request more. The bedding was just okay. I prefer a down comforter. The room was clean, the bathroom was average. I had plenty of hot water. Many people at the conference complained they had to take cold showers. I think that is inexcusable for a hotel at this price.

As others have said the hotel is well located, but the Savannah Historic District is so small, there is probably not a poorly located hotel in the historic district.

Would I stay here again? Only if I had a conference here. It was a decent hotel but the price was just too high for what you get.

• Liked — Elevators, lobby
  • Disliked — Would like more blanket
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2007

Normally I would never stay at the Hyatt, as I don't see the point in paying so much for a room, but if you book through hotwire or priceline you can get a great deal, which I did and if you check in a little later you have the chance of being upgraded to a river view for free. It is a port city, so the riverview is industrial but still beautiful nonetheless. Everything was clean and updated, I slept like a baby with the down pillows and the mattress was very comfortable. The only thing I wish, as with all hotels, if the doors could be more soundproof than what they are.

The staff that I dealt with personally, Emma and the night time security guard were very friendly and efficient at their jobs.

I would and will stay there again.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2007

We stayed here after having spent the night at "Staybridge Suites"
We liked the Hyatt much better, the location was better, service was better it was just a great stay. Room was clean and quiet!!
There was a pool for the kids and very nice workout room, room service, just a really great place to stay.

• Liked — Location and staff
  • Disliked — valet parking was pricey
  • Stayed February 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hyatt Regency Savannah? Share your experiences!