we travelled to savannah on business for a 2 night weekend stay. the location of this savannah hotel can’t be beat, it is one of the few hotels on river street and it is within a walkable distance to most of what downtown savannah has to offer.
- check in was a breeze. we arrived early (1pm) and a room was ready for us!
- the location was awesome, one elevator ride and you were on river street enjoying all the touristy attractions. the river boat is right outside the window. plenty of bars and restaurants nearby to choose from.
- staff was very nice and personable, always passing with a friendly smile or greeting!
- conference space was clean, comfortable and the food catered for it was very nice. the catering staff were very accommodating!
- taxis were ready and accessible.
- the security was always around and you really felt safe here.
- gym and indoor pool appeared clean and the hours were sufficient (open until 10pm).
- the elevators are clear and overlook the hotel lobby and are fun to ride up and down!
- our room had two double beds and it one of the smallest beds i have ever slept in, almost equivalent to a twin. we could not get a good night’s sleep and one night had to sleep in separate beds.
- as mentioned in the positives, the location is awesome, but that often comes with some negatives. the noise at night was not deafening but it was noticeable. a lot of partying happening on river street can be heard from the rooms.
- the prices in the gift shop were outrageous. i was feeling ill the first night we were there (too many po boys) and they charged $15 for a package of Pepcid (a small package with only 8 pills)!
- the prices in the bar were also outrageous, i’m a hyatt gold passport member so thank goodness for the happy hour all day discounts it was expensive!
- my mother in law sent us a bottle of wine through room service as a surprise on our first night. she let us know it would be arriving, but night one we didn’t receive it. the next day we still had not received it. finally we received the bottle of wine and complimentary goodies (bear claws and cookies which were delish!) at around 6:30 pm that night, luckily we were in the room at that time. but they gave it to us without a wine opener (!) we had to chase the women down the hall requesting a wine opener, then another woman came up about 10 minutes later with the wine opener (one of those dinky plastic ones) and left. it took us about 10 minutes to open this wine bottle using the corkscrew plastic opener. explanation for delay: the wine had been sent to the wrong room on the first night and the attempted delivery on saturday afternoon failed because we were not in the room at the time.
- the overall appearance of the hotel is a bit worn especially the exterior.
overall this was a nice and convenient hotel to stay during our short, mostly business trip. if we return to savannah in the future we might opt to stay in more historical accommodations (bed and breakfast or small inn).
places you should eat in savannah: bayou café, hueys, and leopolds ice cream!!
we had a view of the river and it was really pretty!
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Savannah. Please accept our apologies for the challenges you had during your stay. We appreciate guest feedback such as yours, as it allows us the opportunity to correct and improve our operation. Our goal is to always Exceed your Expectations and we apologize we fell short during your system. We are positive if given the opportunity again we could achieve this goal. We hope you enjoyed your time in our historic city.
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.