“Outstanding Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Knightdale, North Carolina
“Outstanding Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My family had an absolutely GREAT experience staying at the Hyatt Regency Savannah. The hotel is beautiful and is in a perfect location for just about everything. We were able to walk by the river, take a horse carriage tour around town, which left from right in front of the hotel. Our room was great, and my 3yr old son loved the size of the hotel. We will definitely return next time we're in Savannah, as the hotel staff, from the valet when we first arrived, to the check-in staff, to the check-out staff, were all wonderful....highly recommended!!

Room Tip: Our atrium view was sufficient, as we did not want to pay for a view of the river.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear longjr777,

Thank you very much for taking time to review your stay with us. We strive to exceed the expectations of each guest and I am please to hear that we were able to give you a great guest experience. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
Dallas, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I guess I was expecting more. We stayed on business for a couple days. Check-in was easy. The staff was nice enough. I wasn't thrilled with the mandatory $22 a day valet parking, but I guess that's to be expected. Everything was very clean and well stocked. The location is amazing! I suppose that's the draw to this hotel because nothing else was really great about it. There was no fridge, microwave, or breakfast, and you had to pay for the WI-fi. The beds were uncomfortable and the pillows were lumpy.

My biggest annoyance is probably after we checked out. We were at the beach, and I realized I thought I forgot something so I called them to see. I was transferred to housekeeping, where I got their voicemail. I left a message and didn't get a call back for several hours. When I called back I was on hold with the front desk for 15 minutes before I gave up and just went back home. I still haven't got a call back from housekeeping.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Elizabeth k, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Savannah. Please accept our apologies for not meeting your expectations during your stay. We appreciate guest feedback such as yours, as it allows us the opportunity to correct and improve our operation. Please know that all of your concerns have been addressed with the appropriate department managers as we strive to Exceed all Expectations. If your travels ever bring you back to our historic city we would love the opportunity to be your host in our historic city and provide you with a more memorable experience.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is a pretty representative Hyatt. The rooms are fine but the service is really good. The Regency Suite I had is not truly a suite, as the bed is only separated from the living area by a half wall where the TV sits (it swivels between the two spaces). I wish they would rename this room category to better describe the room. Room service is very expensive. Get a river front room, as the river view is spectacular. When the large tankers go by, it is truly breathtaking. I like the Hyatt bathroom amenities. There is valet parking or you park your car yourself off property. The Gift Shop in the lobby is really well stocked with food, clothes, gifts. The hotel is right on the river, so walking on the riverfront is super convenient. This is highlight of being in Savannah and it is easy to shop and browse along the river and then pop back into your room for a break. The staff is really good so if there is something that is driving you crazy or that doesn't work as you think it should, speak up. The staff will do their best to please you, but they can't read your mind! I will stay here again, and you should check it out.

Room Tip: Get a river front room for the amazing view.
Dear Christmas2010,

Thank you very much for taking time to post a review of your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the service to be really good. I will certainly pass along your thoughts regarding the Regency Suite to our team for review. I'm happy to hear that you will return and look forward to having you with us.

AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed here for business. Lovely hotel, clean rooms (although there was a slight mildewy smell in bathroom). With most higher-end hotels there was no fridge in the room. Free wi-fi. The hotel is located on the historic river front which has lots of shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a riverfront review
Dear tmcarter75,

Thank you very much for the review of your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you selected Hyatt Regency Savannah when traveling on business and found the hotel nice. I will certainly pass along your comments for review by our housekeeping department. We hope that you will stay with us again soon.

Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed in a non-river front room but were pleasantly surprised to see we had a side view of the river and we could see the river walk and river boat from our room. We just spent one quick night here in route to Hilton Head, but it was a perfect place. It allowed me to explore the riverfront shops before walking to a quick dinner at Paula Deen's restaurant Lady & Sons which was near the hotel too. We had a pleasant walk back through courtyards on our way back to the hotel. There is an elevator in the hotel that takes you to the riverfront. Very convenient because you don't have to deal with the steep cobblestone hill that other people do to get to the riverfront. There are other look out points at the hotel where you can get a view of the bridge and the downtown.

Room Tip: Room 443 has a nice side view of the river and riverwalk and is a regular room without an upcharge f...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear pamawi,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and hope your next visit you are able to spend more time exploring! We look forward to welcoming you back!

North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

This was our second visit to this hotel. This visit unfortunately had a few negative things associated with it, but there are positives as well. First, I was disappointed with the housekeeping service. After arriving at our room and discovering the coffee was not fully stocked, I called to ask for more coffee. The lady came to bring it and as she handed it to me she poked her head inside the room and looked around and stood there for a moment looking at me (she was waiting for a tip). When I said thank you, and closed the door, she gave me a nasty look and left. The result of that encounter was that they sabotaged us the rest of the trip by not cleaning our room until about 5-6 pm every day. They would clean all the rooms around us and save us for last. We know because we were in and out of our room all day, as we walked around and explored. They also did the bare minimum they could with cleaning to check it off as done (they tucked the sheets barely and picked up towels and that is it). I waited until we were leaving to complain, specifically because I was afraid they would do something yucky to my toothbrush (OK, irrational fear on my part, but they had already proven to be a little vindictive).
In my mind, if the coffee is not stocked and it comes with the room, I shouldn't have to tip them to bring something that should have already been there.

Other things about the hotel: AMAZING fitness center. I know that most people don't work out on vacation but they have lots of great equipment, cool towels, headsets, apples, water, TV, restroom, resistance bands, cardio equipment and weights/strength machines.

The indoor pool is lackluster, small and reeks of chlorine. However, it is downtown, historic Savannah and in the historic district you probably won't find much better, because of the regulations on building/construction.

We were not very impressed with the hotel bar. There are tons of great places riverside and at City Market, so venture out!

The beds were comfortable and the lobby is pretty nice.

The location is unbeatable. It is on the river, so you can walk to anything you want to do, including the nightspot of the City Market area only a few blocks away.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Savannah. Please accept our apologies for not meeting your expectations during your stay. We appreciate guest feedback such as yours, as it allows us the opportunity to correct and improve our operation. Please know that all of your concerns have been addressed with the appropriate department managers as we strive to Exceed all Expectations. I have personally contacted the housekeeping manager of your situation that occurred and will make sure this does not happen again. If your travels ever bring you back to our historic city we would love the opportunity to be your host in our historic city and provide you with a more memorable experience.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I had the privilege of staying at the Hyatt for 2 days and 2 nights. The inside staff is very professional...and well drilled. The valet guys can be surly if you don't do exactly what they tell you...when they tell you. The check-in process seemed easy, but the front desk lost the check my company sent, so I had to stand at the counter like an idigent for several minutes while they sorted it out. I had a double room overlooking the Sun Deck. The rooms are clean, but old. There were mysterious stains on one of the pillows on my bed, and the tiles and flooring of the bathrooms really show their age. Don't kid yourself. The Hyatt is all about location. The property sits atop River Street, and in my opinion is the only valid reason anyone would stay here. The WIFI will run you about $15-18 a night, and there are no microwaves or microfridges in the guest rooms.

• Stayed August 2013

Assistant Food and Beverage Outlets Manager

Been to Hyatt Regency Savannah? Share your experiences!