This was our second visit to this hotel. This visit unfortunately had a few negative things associated with it, but there are positives as well. First, I was disappointed with the housekeeping service. After arriving at our room and discovering the coffee was not fully stocked, I called to ask for more coffee. The lady came to bring it and as she handed it to me she poked her head inside the room and looked around and stood there for a moment looking at me (she was waiting for a tip). When I said thank you, and closed the door, she gave me a nasty look and left. The result of that encounter was that they sabotaged us the rest of the trip by not cleaning our room until about 5-6 pm every day. They would clean all the rooms around us and save us for last. We know because we were in and out of our room all day, as we walked around and explored. They also did the bare minimum they could with cleaning to check it off as done (they tucked the sheets barely and picked up towels and that is it). I waited until we were leaving to complain, specifically because I was afraid they would do something yucky to my toothbrush (OK, irrational fear on my part, but they had already proven to be a little vindictive).
In my mind, if the coffee is not stocked and it comes with the room, I shouldn't have to tip them to bring something that should have already been there.
Other things about the hotel: AMAZING fitness center. I know that most people don't work out on vacation but they have lots of great equipment, cool towels, headsets, apples, water, TV, restroom, resistance bands, cardio equipment and weights/strength machines.
The indoor pool is lackluster, small and reeks of chlorine. However, it is downtown, historic Savannah and in the historic district you probably won't find much better, because of the regulations on building/construction.
We were not very impressed with the hotel bar. There are tons of great places riverside and at City Market, so venture out!
The beds were comfortable and the lobby is pretty nice.
The location is unbeatable. It is on the river, so you can walk to anything you want to do, including the nightspot of the City Market area only a few blocks away.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Savannah Hotel Savannah
- Hyatt Regency Savannah Hotel
- Savannah Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Savannah
- Savannah Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Convention Hotel located on the Savannah River and in the heart of the Historic District. Three views are offered: Atrium, cityview and Riverview. Atrium hotel with lobby decorated with greenery and plants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Orbitz, Priceline, AAA Travel Services, Travelocity, Olotels, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Savannah reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.