“Excellent view of Savannah River and location on River Street” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #48 of 111 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Excellent view of Savannah River and location on River Street”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I would stay at this place again! I stayed in a room with a balcony and the view was amazing! This hotel only balconies on the second floor and the balconies are all hooked together but there are iron railings that separate the individual rooms (so it is not like a single free range for all balcony). You do still get that private balcony experience. When sitting on your bed and you look out the glass doors, all you see is river and the island across the river. The only downside to this hotel is that there are no mini-refrigerators in the rooms. We ended up using a cooler to keep water and drinks in while in the room. The hotel is very nice and the valet parking was nice and the men you took our car were always very friendly and helpful. With this hotel you are surrounded by restaurants and shops. There is room service and a coffee shop (though they serve Starbucks, they do not know how to do it properly, and sort of gives Starbucks a bad name in my opinion), there is a lounge with a bar and a restuarant with an outdoor balcony. They also have in room movies (though a little pricey) and when we needed shaving cream, they brought some right up to us (as well as some slippers and lint mits). I think this is one of the better places to stay, especially if you want to watch the big cargo ships come and go (and the coast guard and tug boats).

Room Tip: Make sure that you call upon making your online reservation and make sure they put you down for the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Florafitzpatrick,

Thank you so much for taking time to review your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and would visit with us again. I will pass along your comments regarding the coffee shop to the appropriate department for review. We do hope that you are able to return again soon, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We wanted to do something different for the 4th of July. At the last minute we decided to go to Savannah and we were lucky the Hyatt had a room available. We loved the gorgeous river view of the room and we learned that it was a brand new renovated one. We were able to watch the fireworks from the hotel restaurant, it has a wonderful river view and the most delicious spacy chicken wings we ever ate. They have a great service in all the aspects, very helpful staff. The hotel is walking distance from art galleries, restaurants, stores... we enjoyed a romantic horse tour by the all historic places.

Room Tip: River view is the best.
Green Features: It is the first time we stay in a hotel that has a separate recycle bin in the room, for the guest to place the recyclable waste in it.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Hank C,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to post a review. I will pass along your comments regarding your stay to the appropriate departments. We do hope that you are able to return to visit again soon!

ATL, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We'd stayed downtown Savannah on two other trips but this was our first time at the Hyatt. The valet parking is $22 per night, but my husband found a parking garage across the street that was only $16 -- so he didn't mind walking over to get our vehicle on the rare times we did decide to leave the hotel. Upon arrival on the first day, there was a kiddie movie showing that evening in one of the meeting spaces near the lobby.... not sure if it was set up for a special group but the hotel staff indicated we could have a seat and watch. My husband was disappointed that internet service was not complimentary and the room was not furnished with a microwave/mini-fridge....we just had to make sure that we didn't order too much food when we ate at restaurants (since we couldn't bring it back to the room). Our room was located on the 7th floor and I liked that we overlooked the lobby area downstairs. The beds were very comfortable but the bathroom area was on the small side. The open area on our floor worked out fine for me because I could use it to walk the halls after meals when I didn't feel like heading all the way down to the exercise room. The pool area was nice and the exercise area had plenty of equipment, so I was pleased to have a treadmill to use (it even had a tv monitor). The hotel overlooked the river area where we had a chance to walk and do some shopping. The hotel elevator took us directly down to River Street where we could quickly access delicious ice cream/sweets and ride the free ferry boat! The hotel did have restaurants but we chose to eat at other places nearby. There are plenty of hotels to choose from but this was certainly a good choice, hotel staff that we encountered provided excellent customer service.

Dear GAFamilyTraveler,

Thank you so much for taking time to review your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and received great customer service from our staff. I will certainly pass along all of your feedback to the appropriate departments for review and discussion. We hope that you are able to return again soon and we look forward to welcoming you back.

ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We were in town for the national gymnastic meet and selected this hotel for our stay. There was a little delay in having a room ready for us but in the end we had a beautiful room with a view of the river. Not sure if they upgraded us for our delay but whatever the reason I was happy with the room. We used the ferry to go back and forth to the convention center and that was almost at our front door as were many little shops (yummy candies) and places to eat. Lady at the little coffee shop was very welcoming and always remembered that I had been there other days to pick up my morning coffee.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The river view was wonderful but we were right on the same level as the rooftop bar building next to...
Dear richord,

Thank you so much for taking time to review your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the location to be ideal. I will pass along your kind words regarding the desk and coffee shop. We look forward to having you come back and stay with us once again!

Chazy, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stayed at the Regency for one night with my family and was impressed with the service. When we asked for a roll away they delivered it immediately and when I needed a cork screw they delivered it instantly. Valet service in and out of hotel very fast. Check in took less than 5 minutes. We were really impressed when the manager told us that she would not charge us for breakfast because we had to wait an extra couple of minutes to get our bill from the waitress.
The location was right on the river in the heart of the historic district. Everything was in walking distance. From the front of the hotel you are a 5 minute walk from the city market and if you go out the back of the hotel you are right on the river front where all the tourist shops are located.
The interior of the hotel is very stylish and elegant. They have a nice pool, and an excellent outdoor bar area that looks out onto the river.
The hotel price was also a good value coming in at mid 200 dollar range.
The room was the only negative. We had a room that looked out onto the river, but the room itself was a bit small for a double. The interior of the room was dated and the bathroom door had paint peeling off it. The outlet covers and a few other small things needed to be replaced also.
In sum, the hotel offers great service, great location, good value, and okay rooms.
I would recommend the Hyatt if you come to Savannah.

Dear stm48,

Thank you so much for taking time to review your recent stay with us. I am please to hear that you enjoyed your short trip to Savannah and found the staff friendly. I will certainly pass along your comments regarding the guest room to the appropriate department for review and discussion. I hope that you are able to return and stay with us for a visit again soon.

Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was my second stay at the Hyatt, both for conventions. Indeed, this is one of the few hotels in Georgia that can accommodate really large groups in a scenic location. The rooms are a bit tired, with older fixtures in the small bathrooms. Our bed was comfortable, if a bit creaky, and there was a good sized flat screen television with a decent selection of channels. And two telephones, which was no doubt a plus before cell phones. The room prices are not bad for the area, but the valet parking, surcharge for Internet, and high prices for coffee and snacks should be factored into the price.

The Savannah historic district is worth seeing, and there are some winning restaurants along River Street. This hotel is ideally located for seeing those, and the Harborside room (used for conventions) is a great asset, as it faces the river and is on the same level as the docks.

Rooms that face the river are ideal, but there is an up charge. Those facing the city can be somewhat noisy, and those facing the atrium are boring, unless you get a charge out of seeing glass elevators go up and down.

Check in took a while, because when a convention is coming in, a lot of folks arrive at once. Check out can be done online or via kiosk, as well as at the front desk, but motorists must go to the motor lobby (under the hotel) to retrieve vehicles, and that can take a few minutes.

If I were coming to Savannah for fun, I would probably choose another hotel, but for a convention, the Hyatt is a really good choice.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear GeorgiaGal09,

Thank you very much for your recent review of your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us during your convention. I will certainly pass along your comments to appropriate department heads to be discussed. I do hope that you are able to return once again for a convention or pleasure, we look forward to welcoming you back.

new iberia, la
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Staying here today got a great rate thru Priceline, no complaints about the room but I have to say as long as I have been getting good rates this way this is the only hotel that made me feel like since I got a good rate I should be treated different. I always ask for a king bed and a view, all the hotels I have been to grant me this if they have it, Hyatt wanted a up charge for anything and made sure I knew I had a discounted rate, I stayed here last year and they did the same thing, I guess that's just there way, I would still recommend this hotel for the location,

• Stayed July 2013
Dear thinla,

Thank you very much for your recent review of your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you would recommend the hotel as that is the best compliment. I will certainly pass along your comments regarding your check in to the appropriate departments for review. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Sales Manager

Been to Hyatt Regency Savannah? Share your experiences!