I chose The Hyatt because it was right on the Savannah River.
I had booked a River view room and was so glad that I had.The view from my room, (334) was STUNNING. The Port is the 3rd largest in the US and the action never stopped. It was truly mesmerising.
The Hotel alone was extremely mediocre. The Hotel seems largely to cater to Groups. Conferences and Summer Camp groups abounded , leaving lone travellers such as myself to try and get served for breakfast, cope with the noise and be subjected to so much shrieking and door slamming, both late at night and early morning.
The food at best was awful. Breakfast was ok... A choice of a la carte, or Buffet. The Crab cake was delicious, everything else soggy and cold.
Room service was cheery but the food...dreary. A salad that was so overloaded with dressing, the most awful creme brulee that I have ever had.
On one night there was a room service glitch. I went to the bar to order some food, saying that I wished to take it to my room as room service was going to message. I was given food in plastic boxes and was also given plastic cutlery...awful.
By my last night I had discovered a Greek Restaurant so that was covered.
The Bathroom was dark, no extractor fan and windows that don't open. It was a Wheelchair friendly room and really was in need of a major refurb.
Every Staff member with whom I spoke was fabulous. 'Go the extra mile' seemed to be the Mantra. This suggest that the Management is excellent, and that is not always the case in business.
I would most certainly stay again.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Savannah Hotel Savannah
- Hyatt Regency Savannah Hotel
- Savannah Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Savannah
- Savannah Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Convention Hotel located on the Savannah River and in the heart of the Historic District. Three views are offered: Atrium, cityview and Riverview. Atrium hotel with lobby decorated with greenery and plants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Orbitz, Priceline, AAA Travel Services, Travelocity, Olotels, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Savannah reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.