“Great location fab service and lovely room” 4 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #50 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
hampshire uk
“Great location fab service and lovely room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This hotel is in a great location and you can walk to all the great spots. Excellent service from the front desk and our room was huge. All amenities supplied and the room was clean. Parking was a bit over priced but you can park over the road for a cheaper cost. Only problem that I found was they seem t have a bad smell on our floor and the toilet seemed to have difficulty flushing.Otherwise highly recommended and good value. Would stay here again

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear madamcholet,

Thank you so much for your recent review of your stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our location, found our service to be excellent and had all the amenities that you needed to enjoy your time.

I do apologize for the odor and the problem with the toilet. I will certainly pass along these comments to the appropriate departments for follow up.

We do hope that you are able to return and visit with us again!

Sarah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
Columbus, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

We decided last minute to head to Savannah and landed a great deal on Priceline. We were greeted by Mary who, in my opinion is one of the best front desk agents I have ever encountered. We stayed in a city view room, which had a lovely view of all the action going on below. We had a minor issue with the room but was taken care of instantly and without interrupting our time. I do agree with another review about a mini fridge. That would have been nice to have after walking around all day. At the time of our stay, the indoor pool was under construction. My son was a little disappointed when he heard but truthfully, we spent little time at the hotel. There is just too much to do in Savannah! Now, if we would have stayed longer the pool might have been an issue but we were offered a pass to the Marriott. Valet is the only option and $22 is a lot BUT public lots are nearby and they are roughly $16. For $6 more and unlimited coming and going makes it worth the convenience of being so close. Concierge was very helpful and every staff member we passed was courteous. We were lucky enough to have Mary check us out and she went above and beyond the call of customer service. I have already told a couple of friends who want to vacation in Savannah to definitely make the Hyatt an option!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear headedtoTX,

Thank you so much for your review of your stay and for recommending us to your friends. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and found the hotel staff helpful and courteous.

I will pass along your kind words to Mary, I know she will be thrilled. I am sorry that the pool was closed for renovation during your visit but I hope that you will return to visit again soon and visit our newly designed pool area.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Our stay at Hyatt was great because of the staff. We were greeted with smiles. Every questions were answer in detail. The check in staff was above excellent. We was very comfortable with the advice we receive from Mr. Phil Starks the concierge. The breakfast buffet was above excellent including the staff at Perks. Vu Lounge was good also. The valet parking was not an option with $22.00 per day. I was surprise at the charge for wifi.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear susief56,

Thank you so much for taking time to review your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be great. We enjoy exceeding each guests expectations and I am so happy that we were able to do so with yours. I will certainly pass along your comments to Phil, the staff at Perks, Front desk and Vu Lounge. They will be excited to hear of your thoughts. I will also pass along the notes regarding valet parking and internet to the appropriate departments for review.

Thank you again susief56 and we look forward to welcoming you back.

augusta, ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Went to Savannah for my cousins birthday bash, and it just happen to take place the same time as the Savannah music fest and all of the hotels doubled their rates. The Hyatt was centrally located and close to everything on the river. It is a very nice hotel and the staff is great. The Valet parking at 22.00 day is kinda expensive or maybe I am just cheap. The only thing the room needed was a fridge and many of the expensive hotels do not have them. For 247.00 a night I would think that should be one of its amenties.

Room Tip: You need a key to access rooms above the 3rd floor
Dear msdrea32,

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us found the staff and our location great. I will certainly pass along your comments regarding the refrigerator and the valet parking to the appropriate department heads for a review as we find feedback very important in serving our guests.

Thank you again and I hope that you will return again soon.

Southwest Harbor, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Our stop in Savannah was the beginning of a long trek back north after a month in Florida, but well worth the short stop. First, our room at the Hyatt was a priceline special and the rate very reasonable. A brief conversation with the concierge regarding our dinner plans yielded VIP treatment at the Chart House. We landed a trip on the trolley courtesy of a stranger who had a day left on her 2-day pass and could not use today's segment. The trolley was a great way to be exposed to the city and learn a little about the past of this very historical city. The hotel is beautiful and is located in a perfect spot along the historic riverside. A return visit is a must since there is way too much to do and eat!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear moongazer849,

Thank you so much for taking time to review your stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your short time with us! We look forward to a return visit so that you can enjoy the city some more and glad to hear that you will want to stay with us again!

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My wife and I visited Savannah for the first time, staying 5 nights at the Hyatt Regency, checking in on Monday the 25th and departing Saturday the 30th. In general, we had a really nice time, though the weather was a bit colder than we thought it was going to be. I would definitely recommend the Hyatt. When we arrived we had a reserved room with a view of the River, and when we asked for a balcony as well, we were upgraded. The balcony and the room itself were great with wonderful views of the river and the container ships that were arriving. No chairs on the balcony, but it would have been a bit cold to sit there anyway. The Hyatt is in a great location, on Bay St. right on the River. Can't be much closer to the action than that. Everyone at the hotel was very nice, polite and accommodating, in particular Melody at the coffer bar in the morning. She is a wonderfully pleasant woman who started our day off with a smile everyday. We all could use more employees like Melody. Vu lounge is nice, and discounts are given for Hyatt gold card members. WI FI is also free for gold carders, and that was a nice touch; otherwise, it's $10 per day. The coffee bar opens at 6:00AM, which is great for us since we are early risers. It Is a bit pricey, and you have to pay for refills too. But the coffee in the room gave each of us a cup that was free first which was nice. The room was nice sized with a business section, which was helpful since we were both having to work at times. The only real negative I saw...the bathroom was incredibly small....the smallest I have ever had in all of my travels. It was difficult for 1 person to fit; impossible for 2. The only real downside of the Hotel in my opinion. I would say they seemed a bit short on staff; the folks behind the counters were working hard, particularly Melody, there just wasn't enough of them for the people staying there. Not terrible, but could have been better.

In general, I would definitely stay at the Hyatt here again, and I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river with a balcony.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear FreeholdNewJersey,

Thank you so much for your review of your stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that you and your wife were able to join us for your vacation and enjoyed your stay. Our river view rooms are certainly the best to view the container ships floating by and I'm happy to hear that you had a room with a view to enjoy that.

Melody will be excited to hear that you enjoyed her greeting each and every morning. I will pass along your kind words to her!

Thank you so much for recommending our hotel as that is so important to us. Again, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that you will return again soon!

Minnetonka, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Pleasantly surprised. The hotel is located within short walking distance of all the main sights and restaurants. The hotel is clean and comfortable. No complaints. Parking is $22/night extra. Overall highly recommend and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Two double beds versus queen. Not sure if they have queens but it size matters, do ask.
Dear TonkaGal,

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you were pleased with your visit, our location and found the guest rooms comfortable. Guest recommendations are always wonderful and I am honored to have yours. I hope that you are able to come back and visit again sometime!

Sales Manager

Been to Hyatt Regency Savannah? Share your experiences!