“Great location on River Street, convenient to many restaurants and free DOT transportation stops.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Savannah

Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #50 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I booked my stay through Priceline and got an excellent rate that was well below their stated standard room rate. Upon check in, I was told they had no king bed available (which I had requested) but they could give me a room with 2 double beds and a view of the river!! Great!! From my room you could see river street and watch, and sometimes hear, the barges and ferries going up and down the savannah river.
The room was very comfortable and clean. While the decorations are sort of reminiscent of the 1980's, that really didn't bother me. The staff are very friendly and helpful and make you feel right at home from the time you arrive.
I do agree that the wifi should be free. Also, there is a $22.00 a day charge for valet parking; however, they are open 24 hrs a day and you have unlimited in/out privileges at no extra charge.
The hotel does require that you have your room key upon entering the elevators to access your room. I thought this was a good extra security feature and didn't mind having to have my key out each time.
Overall, this is a great hotel. I didn't get a chance to try the on site restaurant so I can't provide a review for it. There is also an on site coffee shop, but with all the good places to eat in savannah, I didn't try that either.

• Stayed February 2013
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Travelgirl2177,

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay with us. I am very happy to hear that the room was comfortable and to your liking and you enjoyed your view. I will pass along your comments regarding the decor and the internet to our staff and they will review them.

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We have been visiting Savannah for years but always stayed near the Interstate. we always said we would one day stay downtown on the river. we finally did it! We stayed one night and we truly did not want to leave. We had a second floor balcony room and although we live on the St. Lawrence River and are used to freighters the container ships are spectacular!
My husband loved seeing these and was even up at 2 a.m. Watching for them.

the room was roomy and the bathroom was a very good size. the decor was modern-everyone you could possibly want.We had room service for breakfast and it came on time and was absolutely accurate, delivered by a nice young man.

Andre, the bellman was extremely nice and helpful. Everyone from start to finish were great! We will return next February!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Kathleen P,

Thank you so much for taking time to review your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations of a stay downtown! I will pass along your kind words regarding your room service delivery and Andre, Bellman. I hope that you are able to return again soon for more time with us.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This property is quite disappointing when one expects Hyatt quality but finds a tired "big box" hotel instead. To be fair, the staff is friendly, efficient, and enthusiastic. The sad experience centers around the facility itself. This place is showing its age; rough around the edges and looking more than a bit worn out. The room shows significant wear and is seemingly outdated. Cleanliness is an issue with grime in bathroom corners, painted surfaces discolored with fingerprints smudges and just sort of greasy. The bed is quite uncomfortable as the mattress is broken down. I discovered the center ridge in the mattress reasonable for sleeping while trying to keep from rolling into the swales at either edge. Poor soundproofing didn't provide insulation from street/ river traffic noise. While I stayed six nights, I only saw the main restuarant open one day. Food was offered in the lounge, however. Decided not to eat in the lounge given the dining atmosphere. Only valet parking available at $$ a day, no self park unfortunately.

Room Tip: Riverside can be noisy with cargo ships horn's blaring late at night. Top floor may be better.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HyattRegencySavannah, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Savannah. Please accept our sincere apologies for not exceeding your expectations during your stay. We appreciate guest feedback such as yours, as it allows us the opportunity to correct and improve our operation. Please know that all of your concerns have been addressed with the appropriate department managers as we strive to Exceed all Expectations. We are currently preparing for a renovation and have taken your concerns into consideration for this.
If your travels ever bring you back to our historic city we would love the opportunity to be your host in our historic city and provide you with a more memorable experience.

Heather R. Miller
Rooms Division Manager
Telluride, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

The Hyatt is a good choice if you go to Savannah, although I am not sure if it's Regency quality. The rooms are okay, situated in a square building, with the standard lobby/atrium feel. It is a rather large hotel, and the rooms are fairly updated. It seems like the towels and amenities are typical Hyatt, rather than regency. The Bellmen were very nice, as was the front desk. This would be a good convention hotel, as some of the meeting rooms are situated right on the riverfront--the only thing is that so is the riverfront walk, so you have people looking in at you. There are restaurants and shops very close, considering that it is directly downtown. I really don't think that the location can be any better.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Dear Kelly A,

Thank you so much for taking time to review your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location and found the staff friendly and nice. I will will pass along your thoughts to our team regarding the feel of the hotel as we find these to be key to us constantly improving.

Thank you again and I hope that you will join us again soon.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The staff here were friendly, the room was spacious, although the bathroom was cramped, esp. the shower which was narrow and had a support bar that reduced the space even further and made showering awkward.

The on-site lounge was very convenient and the food was perfect after our late evening arrival. The fitness room and pool were well set-out as well. By far the best thing about the hotel, outside the excellent staff, was its location in Savannah's historic district.

If we hadn't booked at a discounted rate I would have been less accepting of a few of the rough edges, but at the discounted rate the hotel was far above and beyond. From that perspective I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jfk00,

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you found the staff friendly, the room comfortable and our location perfect. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you back soon!

Hillsborough, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We were tired from driving all day and the experience starting with the parking valet, the bellman and the reception desk staff was very welcoming and showed they really wanted our stay to be exceptional - which it was. The room was comfortable, the bed just perfect (although we bring our own pillows), and the view of the river very interesting with all the cargo and other ships.
We were able to walk to a restaurant (Alligator Blues) which the staff recommended and it was outstanding - expensive but worth every dollar. Savannah is a wonderful city to just wonder as a tourist. Sorry we could not stay longer at the Hyatt.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a river view on an upper floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear John_MacAulay,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay with us. I will pass along your comments regarding the staff and let them know of your appreciation. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your guest room and the view as well. I hope that you are able to return and spend more time with us again in the future!

Richmond, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The Hyatt in Savannah is so centrally located to everything downtown. It's right on the river and the views are spectacular. The rooms were what you would hope to see at a Hyatt and the staff were extremely helpful. I appreciated the free wi-fi for being a Passport member. The only thing I did not like was constantly having to dig for my room key when getting on the elevator in order for it to take me to my floor. I appreciate the extra security but anyone could have gotten on/off the floors with someone that did have a key. It's very cumbersome digging for your room key when your hands are already full.

Room Tip: Reqeust a room that allows you to look outside. Although the rooms facing inside give an interestin...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tamara S,

Thank you very much for your recent review of your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that we were able to meet your expectations of a Hyatt. Thank you very much for your kind words regarding our staff and excited to hear that you enjoyed the location. Thank you for your feedback regarding the extra security measures offered in the guest room elevators. I will certainly pass that along for review. We hope that you will come back and visit again soon!

Sales Manager

Been to Hyatt Regency Savannah? Share your experiences!