“Second and last time here” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #76 of 112 hotels in Savannah
Atlanta,Georgia
“Second and last time here”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We are Choice Priviledges members. this was our second stay at this Quality Inn. We visited over Labor Day weekend. We choose this area because it is close to many restaurants and is less expensive than staying in Historic District. The bathroom in this room was needing some work as the ceiling above the shower was starting to peel. Every day when we came back in the afternoon from touring Savannah, our card keys did not work. the first time we took them to the front desk to have them reactivated. took them back to our room and they still did not work, they worked a second time. the next day, the same thing happened. one explanation was we must have had our card keys by our other credit cards, which we did not. another explanation was that the housekeeper may have deactivated them, thinking we had checked out. housekeeper should have known how long we were staying. This same thing happened to us at another Quality Inn in Denver. We decided to try the breakfast at the hotel the first morning. There was not enough food for all the guests, so could not ever get eggs or bacon. the line was backed up by people trying to make waffles. everyone had to scrape the waffles off the waffle iron as they were sticking, even when using non stick spray. just ate cereal. Luckily, there is a Waffle House across the street, where we had great breakfasts the remainder of our stay. I remember now, our first stay here we had to call the police on some other people who were having a party and making too much noise at 2-3 am. Have learned my lesson. Never again to stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

121 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Bluffton, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My girlfriends and I stayed here because rooms on River street were just to high priced. It was my girlfriends Bachlorette party, so we wnt out all night when we came back we found ROACHES!!!!! It was so gross and embarrassing because I told her it was a decent Hotel......wrong! The next morning her mom had lost her watch so she looked under the bed and found a used CONDOM!!!! I am now very pissed and so disgusted.
I go to the front desk to check out but before i do I tell her about these issuses and she says there is nothing I can do. Then she proceeds to ask me if I just left the condom there or did I pick it up............I said HELL NO! that is not my job I don't work here that is your housekeepers job! By this time I just had to leave I was upset and this was from the manager asking this of me....Get a clue!

Room Tip: Rule of thumb check room out before you pay!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Miami, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Do not patronize this hotel! The hotel is very rundown and in poor poor condition! There are other hotels in this area that are in much better condition than this one. They, the staff treat you like dogs and cannot even tell you who the manager is when you have a complaint. The owner is Patel, and I have dealt with alot of these foreign owners who do not care what conditions the hotel harbors or what complaints are given. They still are in business and should not be for the sake of the publics health.This place is dirty and does not even have running water to take a bath. The telephone does not dial to the front desk when you call to complain. The TV does not operate and the outlets are all taken and not enough to plug anything into. Do not go here!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Elizabethville, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and I did a short notice trip over Labor Day weekend to bring stuff down to our daughter in college. Since this was only a one nighter, we went with what we thought was a moderately priced hotel. I didn't expect a lot of frills, just a clean room in good shape. What we got was a wasn't good. The room was clean and neat, but smelled musty. The outlet for the tv had a multi connection plug in the outlet and you had to push it in to get the tv power. It was loose in the outlet. The tv on/off button was broken inside the frame and you had to stick you finger in just right to turn the tv on. The remote would not turn the tv on. The outlet behind the night stand was out of the wall along with the plate. The two phone outlet plates were hanging free of the wall with one screw in the wall. The tub had a stick and peel anti slip mat, that was peeling up and there was soap scum from other visitors on the tub and mat. The toilet seat was cheap and starting to flake apart. There was also a lighter patch on the ceiling and it was stippled, so the patch stood out.
This is an older hotel and is conviently located, but it needs alot of help. There are better hotels in the same cost range for the rooms in the area.

Room Tip: We will not stay here again.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Savannah, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

My group reserved this hotel for Anniversary. I will say some of the staff were very nice but the managers were not. They complained all day about one thing or another. They brought the hotel 2 days before and so many of our guest reservation were cancel. They had confirmation numbers from their reservation and they did not care that the people had travel so far. They still charged their credit and debit card after they cancel the rooms. They stated the hotel computer made the error. Several of the guests credit and debit cards were charged double for one night stay. This hotel is not renovated as they say curtains had spots and holes. Carpet need to be clean. Some rooms you only had one curtain. Bathroom was so outdated for the price they charge. As for the meeting room, the managers was harrassing us all night. They need to work from a contract. Everything we did was wrong in their eyes. If there is a group are having an event, they should have put that group closer to the noise to prevent noise complaints by other guest. I am sorry the hotel messed up my guest credit and debit cards and some of them after 2 months are still waiting for the correction. Think twice from using this hotel. WE HAVE RENTED MANY PLACES FOR YEARS YET THIS ONE IS THE WORST OF THEM ALL!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hephzibah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We made reservations 2 months ahead of time and once we arrived in July they had just changed management and these people had no clue what was going on. We were over charged and some people in our group rooms were given away even though they had reservations. The Club was ok.. the pool area could stand some cleaning. The housekeeping staff was great, but the rooms were not up to par. One of the rooms shower did not work and we're still waiting on that refund. Only good thing I got some points with Choice Hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
wv
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stayed at this motel july 13 to 16 2012. direct route downtown and the riverfront. Close to mall and other stores. They put us in the back so the noise did not bother us.This motel is close to food and it is easy to get there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Quality Inn Midtown? Share your experiences!