“Loved the bed” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #98 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
Virginia
“Loved the bed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2007

We only stayed here one night, but they let us check in early. We booked a king room and the bed was awesome!!! This is important to me, because I am a mess when I do not rest well. The bed was tall and huge and sooo comfortable!! My husband and I both said upon entering the room, "wow, look at that bed!!".
The front desk clerk was really sweet, even though she had had stressful day. (I overheard a snotty customer). She was very helpful and gave us great directions and also a complimentary shuttle pass to downtown Savannah for later that night. We also liked the little separate bar, sitting over the water. When we return to Savannah, we will be sure to stay here again!!

• Liked — The bed!!!
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Columbus, IN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2006

Shuttle was supposed to be at the airport when we arrived, had to call & then wait 45 min. Bathroom in standard room smelled to terrible that we asked to be moved. Deluxe room, much better. Staff was very pleasant & helpful. Shuttle service to downtown was advertised as complimentary (we cancelled our rental car) & when we arrived was charged as if it were a taxi service (had to wait for shuttle in downtown Savannah for 1 hour & 15 min). Not as nice as pictured or advertised. We'llI try somewhere else next time.

• Liked — 90% of the staff was very nice, accomodating & friendly
  • Disliked — The cleanliness, false advertising about shuttle service & internet access/no printer to print boarding passes for airlines
  • Tips/Secrets — Arriving late, it's close to the airport, it's a place to lay your head. If you can afford it, go somewhere else.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2005

My plane from Savannah to back home was cancelled so the airlines booked my family and I at this hotel- worse mistake EVER!

My family and I arrived at the hotel pretty late and when we got into our rooms, there was an awful smell, a combination of must and cigarette smoke. The heater gave off a horrible smell and the bathrooms where not well kept.

When I got off my plane, I noticed that my purse was missing and I called the hotel and they said they had it. They shipped my purse to my house and when I checked to see if everything was still in there, it wasnt. 73 dollars was stolen from my wallet and when i confronted the owner of the hotel, she had nothing to say. She told me when she looked through it, atleast 4 hours after it was found, and said there was no money in it. hmm, maybe because the housekeeper took it?

She blamed everything on me, and told me I shouldof gotten a lock box and locked my things up. First of all, lock boxes are held at the front desk, so how would people know they have them if the boxes aren't in their rooms?

The staff are completely rude and truly do not care about their costumers. The owner that i spoke to, never once said "i'm sorry" and pretended that nothing happened.

If you are ready to get your things stolen, then go right ahead and stay at the horrible Days Inn, and if not, then my suggestion is to go to another hotel that will treat you far more better than this hotel.

• Stayed October 2005
Johnson City, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2005

Hotel was between average and above average. Great place for the price we paid. Very close to airport, away from city, but in a great location to go to downtown area and Tybee Island. Only problem we had, was with our key entrance, the humanity was so high our key would not open our door. There was too much moisture in the air to keep key entrance dry, so Maintance had to open our door when we returned to room. Need to improve breakfast, hotels are serving full breakfasts for their guests now. Overall hotels was fine, I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2005
Newnan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2005

Rooms smell and are not clean. Terrible location. 30 min drive to downtown Savannah.

• Stayed February 2005
Bay area
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2005

This place was the worst hotel I've ever stayed at. Dirty Dirty Dirty. Vomit on the walls. Beds were so gross. Would have move hotels but I have two small children and we arrived very late into Savannah airport. Don't stay here.

• Stayed August 2004
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2005

Unless you are desperate to spend as little money as possible (and even then i would urge you to consider an alternative) I would not recommend this hotel. We had two rooms, just there for the night. I found the room had a very strong disinfected smell as did the otyher room. No remote (however when I called for one, it was brought promptly down, but no channel buttons only up and down the channels/volumes!), no alarm clock in our room (but called down to front desk and promptly brought), no fridge or microwave (suppose to be and even at front desk said there was when checked in). I let front desk know, but we really did not need, and we had already changed rooms once (was suppose to be 2 double beds, and had only a king). Other room was a little better. However there was a lot of "enviromental" noise, and none of us seemed to get a very good night sleep (train horn, buzzing sounds, etc)

I found staff very laid back, but did bring items as noted.

I think you should consier red Roof or Fairfield and avoid this if possible.

Debb

• Stayed January 2005

Been to Savannah - Days Inn Airport Entrance? Share your experiences!