“Go Somewhere Else” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6800 Abercorn Street, Savannah, GA 31405 (Formerly Savannah Garden Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #97 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersSilver level
Georgia
“Go Somewhere Else”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I paid for 2 nights of lodging. I got that but minus 3-4 hours of power and A/C. The hotel lied when they said the whole city of Savannah was having the power turned off. I left the parking lot and saw everyone else had power and the Roadway inn must have been having work done. I don't think they should have booked guests when they knew they were going to have work like this done. I am most mad the the MGR said they would comp my second night for the inconvenience and then called back to say no refund. I don't appreciate going on vacation, to be treated this way, you know I booked with you before, and I guess my business is not good enough. Telling me I could leave the hotel and go somewhere else to get the second night refunded is not acceptable. I am supossed to pack all my belongings in the dark with 15 minutes notice, REALLLLY ? you all have lost me, and I will be telling everybody why.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Concord, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I was very disappointed with the stay at this hotel. While the lobby and entrance is beautiful and not a sore for the eye- very little can be said for the rooms- the pillows are super uncomfortable, the bathrooms are disgusting and lack the clean look, the towels are super crappy, the towel holders in both rooms we used just fell of the wall (because they are so poorly "pushed" into the wall not screwed in), the blower dryer in our room did not look safe since the plug was cracked and looked like it could blow up. There are no roll away beds offered. The breakfast was terrible and scant. There were adjoining rooms available and instead of giving us adjoining rooms at check in - we were given rooms across the hall from one another
Here is where the hotel turned from bad to the worse hotel experience we have ever had. Check out time is at 11 am and at 10:20am the houskeeping "ladies" (and I loosely title them that due to their behavior) parked their carts in the hallway in between our rooms....never mind that there are probably more than 50 rooms in the hotel they could be tending to they stood around - when I crossed from one room to the other one asked - "Are you checking out?" but not in the just inquiring tone but instead in the "when are you leaving tone" Obviously, if I pay until 11am - that is the time I expect to have the ability to stay until - our family packed our items up and continued to move around within the rooms and the whole time these "ladies" so basically 40 minutes hovered in the hallway awaiting us to leave and making comments all the while such as "are these people leaving yet?", "It's time, they should be leaving", and so on and so forth. At 10:40am one of them just walked into my room and turned on the lights to the bathroom as I was in there. Never knocked, never made sure it was ok. JUST WALKED IN!! I could have been changing, my daughters could have been changing, or my husband could have been. Completely invaded my privacy. She must have noticed my anger in the face because she walked right out. At 10:55 she did it again the room we had rented across from us!! When I said something - she did not seem to care and went about with a very disgusting attitude. Now, I was going to make it my business to stay until exactly 11am because as a paying customer I will not be bullied out of the room I paid for by a rude housekeeper. When I went up from t to check out - the young lady upfront seemed to care and was very apologetic- when I asked to speak the manager - she called her and the manager - cared nothing. She was very defensive and tried to tell me - they were not hovering, they start work at 10am, blah, blah- she was extremely defensive and seemed to care for the complaint and frustrations of her PAYING CUSTOMERS, right after checked out there was another couple checking out who asked for the management information to complain as well- because she had complaints about her stay as well.
It really is a shame because the place has potential to be beautiful. It could be very nice but it is cheaply kept up in the rooms and the service is atrocious!! If you- like me are more concerned about comfort and service rather than price only - stay elsewhere - until the management here cares any for the PAYING CUSTOMERS this place is and will always be crap. The "manager" also stated this is a privately owned place so there is no corporate office to complain to. Basically, you are up #$%^ creek- and have to deal with money wasted on this terrible place.

Martinez, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Soon as I opened the door there was a musty odor. So I turned on AC., not much better. Checked out bed and the old outdated comforters were stained., blankets stained had holes in one. Towels looked like someone had wiped hands off on them. Carrots in the refrigerator, the refrigerator and microwave looked liked that had not been cleaned in a while. My son killed a roach and something kept biting me. Couldn't take it anymore asked for room change, that room was dirty although rooster said clean third room was doable I was tired.
In the morning housekeeping and maintenance personnel were smoking right outside the hotel doors. Very smoky at that entrance that it came in down the hallway. Also door didn't close properly so it was unsecured anyone could walk in. I had a had time going to sleep, lastvi looked at clock it was 2:30 am. My son kept asking to leave but itcwas 6 pm wgencwe checked in. To late to cancel.
Never again ......

Room Tip: Just don't make a reservation there.
Ozark, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

First we were told we would get a discount because we were seeing family in Memorial Hospital, we drove 300 miles to see them there and didn't receive that discount so we paid $90 for one night in a room with two queen beds, a tv that didn't work, a broken toilet, had to come back bc housekeeping hadn't cleaned the room before we got there and also stole one of our blankets, yes stole, housekeeping didn't take to the front, they stole it, just typical. what a waste of a trip really, the people up front were rude every time I spoke to them and didn't put forth any effort at all to do anything.

the only good thing about this hotel was... oh wait, there wasn't anything good about it at all. Guest house has lost any business from me in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

A real shame that this potentially valuefull property (location, layout, etc) is being run into the ground. Both nights, had to go get towels from the laundry room (as did other guests) - was the only way to get them. Likewise to get a blanket- the bed was made with sheets (looked and felt clean?) and cheap duvet, but no other cover. We didn't receive the coffee packet for second morning. The "breakfast" was virtually nonexistent, opened at 7, no coffee by 8, no fruit, had to beg for cereal and milk, it looked like everyone was just expected to line up at the waffle maker and and wait wait and wait. Sigh. Trash cans at front door were overflowing, really! Some kind of sewer leaking stream at other side of front door. Light litter around pool. And the thing is, the room rate was not super discounted. Definitely a terrible value. I'm writing the management and Rodeway Inn corporate.

Room Tip: Ask if towels are self-service and what will be provided for "breakfast>"
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Vishal T, Director of Sales at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of Rodeway Inn Savannah GA I would like to express my sincerest apologies for the issues that occurred during your stay with us.

Guest satisfactory is a priority we strive hard for. Please know we have taken each of your concerns and forwarded them to the appropriate department for immediate correction.

We hope you would allow us to serve you better in the future.

Best Regards,
The Team at Rodeway
Durham, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Not a bad hotel for the money. A little hard to find considering the hotel has changed its name and only a small Rodeway Inn sign exists. For those of you looking for the hotel, it is just after the intersection of Abercorn and Stephenson. If you pass the Chuck E Cheese, you missed it!

Room is small and dated but not bad. The A/C didn't work well in our first room and we suffered the first night (our OWN fault). We asked to be moved the second night and the from desk clerk (Deesha) was very accommodating and helpful. She moved us to a different room in which the A/C worked. Now the down side - the hallways are stifling hot - especially in the back of the hotel (where our second room was). The TVs were old tube style TVs. The one in our first room had a weird color to it. Full cable with lots of channels. They have breakfast but we didn't partake. I wanted a to-go cup of coffee but there were no lids. The assortment seemed to be limited to cereal, some pastries, waffles and coffee. I didn't see yogurt or fruit.

Room Tip: A little hard to find. Just north of the intersection of Abercorn and Stephenson.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Rodeway Inn for your lodging needs. We are consistently making changes to assure satisfaction to all of our guest.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and more than pleased your went to Trip Advisor to let the world know.

Hope to see you again soon!

Best Regards,
The Team At Rodeway Inn
Dekalb,MS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was this worst hotel I think I have ever stayed at in my life! I was eaten by fleas two (2) nights in a row. We had to keep going to the front desk for towels and wash cloths. Then to top it off my daughters had driven my mom's car and had left her lights on, three (3) people that we know of told the front desk that our lights were on and they never even tried to notify us. Dead battery the next morning. Thank God for AAA. They do work! I suggest you go to the Marriott.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!