“BEST place in Savannah!” 5 of 5 stars

17 Hundred 90 Inn
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   307 East President Street, Savannah, GA 31401   |
Ranked #19 of 39 Savannah B&B and Inns
Raleigh, North Carolina
“BEST place in Savannah!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

what a treat! we are just back from a few days in one of our favorite southern cities, Savannah, GA. We booked our room with just 2 days advanced notice. The price was very reasonable, and the room availability diverse. Upon entering the front door it was as if we stepped back into time, to a most charming lobby flanked by two dining rooms. The old brick floors and dark wood reminded me of England. The staff was kind, friendly and helpful. The Tavern is a destination in and off its self, with many local residents returning each day for Happy Hour. We met so many wonderful characters while eating lunch, grabbing a late day drink, and toasting w a nightcap. We simply cannot wait to return, and we highly recommend a visit to this establishment. Their resturant had a delightful lunch and dinner menu, with NO WAIT and NO RESERVATION needed! Just cant say enough good things about our visit at 17 hundred 90.

Room Tip: each room is unique and room 204 is believed to have a recurring ghost!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Savannah, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I'm a tour guide for this city and has always been interested in this inn to stay at. So on my birthday weekend I reserved to stay on a sunday night through monday night. At check in was very easy and nice. Got to the room (107) and it was 79 degrees :( the AC wasn't turned on. So turned it on to 69 and left after I checked out the room. Shower stall wasn't clean but they had sprayed the cleaning stuff but never wiped it. So I told the reservationist about needing the shower wiped down. And then we left to go eat dinner. Came back room was much cooler but shower was never wiped down. I'm not very picky about rooms but if I want to recommend my tourist there I would expect everything to be clean. The bathroom has been repainted but behind the sink and toilet not so much... just painted around it. The shower had black tile (not sure if it was real ceramic tile) but it had white lines going down it. Just looked like no one has washed it in a while or either not using anything good enough to actually clean it. That night I managed to get a sore throat but that morning I left I felt better. Not sure if it may be from mildew or mold from within the room. But who knows! I never ate at the actual restaurant. We did go to the bar Sunday night and met up with another friend of ours, who also is a tour guide from another company. We enjoyed ourselves there bartender was nice. I may have to stay again before I recommend... just kind of bummed about it not really be as clean as I hoped.

The bed was very firm. So we had a hard time sleeping. The fire place is very pretty the bed it self is also very pretty. They have very limited parking so i'd say get there early and get yourself a parking spot. Works out great you can walk around everywhere you need to go. So your car can sit and your change can stay in your pocket. There's a lot of places to see right beside this Inn. You have the Owens-Thomas house next door, Cemetary 2 blocks away. Literally right in the middle of the Historic District!!!

Room Tip: 204 is haunted, we stayed in 107 it was on the corner and very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

From the moment of check in with the wonderful Patrick, we fell in love with this place. We stayed in the haunted room 204 and it most certainly is...not in too scary a way. ( Eerie sounds, coffee maker turning on in the middle of the night without being plugged in, fireplace flickering, and the angel doll on the bed changing spots to the top of the armoire) The room was charming and the owners were wonderful. Loved every haunting moment.

Room Tip: 204 is haunted. Really. Anna is friendly, though.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Got into Savannah right around 10 p.m. on a Sunday night. We checked-in, heard a ghost story, got the free parking taken care of, and headed to our room. The room was absolutely charming with a giant four-poster bed.

My girlfriend and I loved the location too -- we roamed around on a Sunday night and didn't mind the short walk from the Inn to the riverfront. Something cool that happened: Fell asleep with the TV on and woke up to it muted -- ghost?

We ate a little bit at the nice continental breakfast the next morning. When checking out we also got some wonderful advice about things to do and see in and around Savannah. We only had a few interactions with the staff during our short stay, but these interactions left a big impression.

I'd undoubtedly book another stay here when back in Savannah.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
London, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My bf and I stayed here for the 4th of July weekend, had an amazing time. Tyler, who works at the desk was amazing. My bf wanted to surprise me with rose petals in the room so he kept calling and talking to him and to my surprise he did not get annoyed at all by his constant calls. Restaurant staff was nice, after a long day of walking the first night there we decided to eat at the inn and they sat us even though the kitchen was closed. Location is great, walking distance to everything. Apparently the place is haunted, most of the haunted tours bring there guest to visit this is. Don't read the book if your not a fan of ghost, they have stores of past guess and their experience. I made the mistake of reading it but realized I was in one of those room and the staff reassured me I was fine. The breakfast ladies in the morning were super friendly, the new owner is super nice, as well as the rest of the staff. Nice small little inn with an amazing staff, will definitely stay there again. Overall amazing experience and super awesome staff!

Room Tip: I believe rooms 204 to 206 are haunted!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Crawford, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've been inside at the bar a few times, and even the reastaurant, and had no idea it's also a hotel. Haunted at that. Although we witnessed no ghosts that weekend, it's still a very cool place to eat, drink, and sleep. Clean and comfortable, and our room had a large sitting space with the bed off to the side. Very friendly and kind hosts/owners, too. I'll be back.

Room Tip: And a good breakfast!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Owners very friendly and hands on kind of people....beds are very comfortable and rooms are clean..a few stains on carpet but not a big deal...hallways are a bit warm but rooms are cool and comfortable. Coffee and breakfast in the morning is nice.centrally located in historical district and easy access to all hot spots.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to 17 Hundred 90 Inn? Share your experiences!