“Great Location for vacation travelers” 4 of 5 stars

17 Hundred 90 Inn
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   307 East President Street, Savannah, GA 31401   |
Ranked #20 of 39 Savannah B&B and Inns
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great Location for vacation travelers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I recently stayed in the Guest House - room was large and clean and has a ton of character. If you are looking for plush luxury you might be a little disappointed. This is a very old home, I was on the second floor - and had very loud neighbors on the 3rd floor - (I never actually saw people in the guest house, so it could have been some haunts who were partying!) The owners are so helpful and pleasant. The pub is a fun place to hang out and meet lots of locals - if you want a true Savannah experience, this is a great place to do it.

I was actually on business and although the complimentary wireless internet worked great, my room had no place to work, the bed was the only place to sit - therefore, I would not suggest for business travel if you need to get some work done while you are there.

The 17Hundred90 Restaurant has character as well with an interesting menu and excellent service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We recently stayed in room 204, Anna's room, at the 17Hundred90. We had drinks in the bar and loved the ambiance of it. Several of the haunted pub tours came in while we were there and it was fun to hear their tour guides talk about Anna and some experiences that people have had in the room, including Miley Cirus. My husband did have an experience while we were there, which was great! One thing to know in advance is that there are no elevators. The hallways are very warm, but the rooms were adequately air conditioned. Also, I couldn't get a WiFi signal in our room, so had to go to the bar to use the laptop. Overall we had a good experience.

Signal Mountain, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

This property is one of many in Savannah that employs an old home for upscale lodging. The layout is extremely quirky and involves hiking up multiple narrow stair cases--no offer to assist with luggage. The rooms are well appointed but my tub did not drain, the ceiling had very visible evidence of leaks, and there were some cleanliness issues, of a minor nature. Service is friendly and the in-house restaurant is superb. The breakfast is simple but adequate. This is a place that is all about value. If you feel that you are paying a rate that suggests a flawless upscale experience, you will be disappointed. On the other hand, if you get a rate that is commensurate with, say, a mid-scale hotel, you will probably come away feeling that you had a special experience.

Room Tip: Parking is an issue, especially on weekdays when metered parking may be your only option.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

On a tour of Savanna and a sidewalk board featured lunch. On a i'm here its lunch time let's go for it. Wow....did I say wow. The old charm mysterious build called us in for a deal of a lunch. Great lunch choices ( there were 4 of us) each great. Home made onion rings a must. But we didn't realize the history and Glenn made sure we knew what drew us there....ghosts of course. What an experience and lunch...must see for all.

• Stayed September 2012
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Great atmosphere. Family who owns it will sit down with you to shoot the breeze. We arrived early and they put us right in our room. We had lunch in the restaurant- Very good. Better yet was the dinner. The food was excellent. It was very romantic with candles and a piano player. After dinner we asked Patrick about a carriage ride he called and had us picked up right outside. Then to the bar where we had a wonderful evening with the friendly locals.I see this place getting better each year.

Room Tip: Room 204 is the haunted one!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

My husband and I traveled to Savannah to stay in Room 204 of 17 Hundred 90 Inn. I'm a big ghost nerd and 204 is reportedly haunted by a heartbroken woman named Anna. Though Anna didn't reveal herself during our short stay (unless the attached "ghost blob" photo counts), my husband and I had a great time.

Everyone we encountered at the hotel was friendly and helpful, particularly the woman at the front desk (though she was obviously skeptical about ghosts). Room 204 was bright, clean, airy, and very pleasant. I particularly enjoyed the journals in which former guests shared their ghostly experiences. The creepy mannequin in the hallway was also a nice touch. My husband and I were amused by all the tour companies that stop outside 17 Hundred 90 Inn to talk about the ghost of Room 204. We took a haunted pub tour that night, and our room was a featured story.

My husband and I didn't try the restaurant downstairs, though we'd read many great reviews. We did enjoy a few beverages at the bar. They have a specialty drink called the Savannah Flu Shot that future guests might like to try. The male bartender was also easy on the eyes.

All in all, staying at the 17 Hundred 90 Inn was a great experience. The only negative thing I can think of is that the WiFi didn't work well in Room 204 as the signal strength was too low.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Probably the best bargain in Savannah's historic district, and a great place to stay as well. Terrific location, charming well appointed rooms with a historic feel have all the modern amenities, and the staff is helpful and friendly. Loved the restaurant and bar as well. Highly recommended. Will be my first choice in Savannah from now on.

Room Tip: Many of the rooms at the 'annex' across the street have their own patios and parking.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to 17 Hundred 90 Inn? Share your experiences!