“Neat, clean, good breakfast, kind staff, extra towels if ya need'em!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Central Inn

Special Offer
Earn a $50 Gift Card
Ranked #52 of 111 hotels in Savannah
Savannah, GA
“Neat, clean, good breakfast, kind staff, extra towels if ya need'em!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

My family stayed here in August for 3 days when the air-conditioning unit in our (rented) home broke down completely and the temp was around 102 with 95% humidity--our landlord was kind enough to let me choose a hotel for the time our unit was being repaired. My first impression was that I just liked the place! It was clean, neatly appointed, pretty comfortable beds--BIG fluffy pillows and when I asked for extras (I like lots!) the front desk sent them right on over. Also, we took advantage of the pool on the hottest days, so when we needed extra towels, again, no problem. One note: the pool could have been cleaner--there were bugs, leaves and trash floating in one end, so we didn't stay in it the second night for long. We were in it pretty late in the day, so we didn't fuss--though I did mention it to the office the next morning. Good breakfasts, listed as 'continental', so it was the usual bagels, danishes, muffins, but 3 kinds of bread to toast, English muffins, boiled eggs, plenty of fresh fruit (apples, bananas, tangerines), 4 or 5 kinds of Activia yogurt, as well as instant grits and oatmeal. Good waffle machine--fill your cup, spray the waffle-maker with butter spray, pour it on and flip it --in two minutes you'll have a decent, warm waffle--good with syrup and bananas on top, or with strawberry yogurt. Plenty of coffee, hot chocolate and orange juice. A very good location for visitors too, right in the center on the corner of Abercorn (a road cutting right through Savannah from the highway, through the center of the city and right down to River Street!), within walking distance of Oglethorpe Mall, Double's Lounge, Wendys, Taco Bell, etc..also, on a major city bus route which will take you right downtown to Broughton Street for shopping and dining. All in all a really good stay and the staff was pleasant--we had our room straightened up twice and our personal items were untouched, the bathroom scrubbed, the sheets changed, all just as it should be. Not a fancy hotel, however, a reasonable price, well-located, comfortable beds and decent breakfast!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

187 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Burlingame, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The good news - the rooms are well appointed, with many places to eat close by. It had easy access to downtown, but wasn't close. The staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good and nice to have before starting the day.

Now, the bad - the first night, a big-rig truck parked parallel to one side of the hotel and started his engine up at 6am, and continued to 'warm it up' for the next 20 minutes. I'm a heavy sleeper, but it would have woken a hybernating bear. 2nd night, the garbage truck arrived at 3am to pick up from the building next door. Seriously, 3am? Napping during the day was also tough, as the hotel is in the path of the small airport nearby, and the approaching low flying airplanes were extremely loud. But at least, they stopped after dusk. So, the hotel could definately use better windows that blocked the noise.

So, good and bad. Maybe I just hit a few bad nights, but if you're a light sleeper, beware.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I am scheduled to stay at this Best Western today 3/16 but do to an unforeseen unfortunate accident I will be unable to make it. I contacted the hotel to see what my options are as far maybe changing my date instead of canceling but according to the Mgr. Theron that will not be happening. I will still get charged for the night and in essence be losing $282 for a room that I can't even stay in. I didn't ask for a refund just for them to work with me on changing my date so that I can stay another time. Every time I called to speak with mgr it was always call back in 5 minutes or he should be back up here in 5 minutes. I don't see the problem with me rescheduling my stay as Im sure they would have easily resold the room do to it being a busy weekend and people having to travel as far as Bluffton SC for a room. It's good to know that customers should plan ahead for unexpected accidents before booking a room here or plan the unexpected accident by the cancellation deadline. For the mgr of this hotel you may want to take a lesson in empathy, sympathy and humility and think how you would want to be treated had this been your situation. Learn to put yourself in the customer shoes. $282 I will take this as lesson learned....don't do business with Best Western. And although word of mouth may or may not hurt your business I will definitely at least let people know about the service or lack there of received.

Stayed October 2012
Georgiatraveler31, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Central Inn, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear NClark:

I am sorry you had an accident that prevented you from staying with us on that day. As i am sure you were aware of, St. Patrick's weekend is the busiest weekend of the year in Savannah. It brings many people from all over the country to Savannah for the festivities and parade. When you called, the hotel was in full check in mode and dealing with every guest coming in early for the event. By attempting to cancel the room the day of, it is very difficult to resell the room as people are accustomed to already having resevations. We make sure everyone knows when reserving for this period they are aware of the restrictions and cancellations.

Based on the circumstances, we DID NOT charge you anything that day for the room even though we were within hotel policy to do so. We sold that room at a reduced rate. We always make every effort to work with our customers to make their stay the best possible.

Again, please accept our thoughts on your accident and we hope you are well.

Sincerely;

Management
vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

stayed here for 2 nights while visiting savannah. a basic motel with no frills but very and had good access to the Historic Dow Motown. just 5 miles. Motel is old and still needs more upgrading in rooms, peeled paint etc. Breakfast bar also needs improvement....would stay here again because of easy access to downtown and cleanliness of rooms. also got a good price through Travelocity.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very nice motel, extremely clean and updated with very nice staff. A bit of a drive into downtown section of Savannah however if you drive to Forseyth Park there is free parking there and you can catch the dot bus which is free and hop on hop off anywhere along the tourist route. Breakfast excellent with many choices. Would certainly stay there again if ever in the area.

Room Tip: Very large motel, ask for a room closest to the office, where the pool is also located.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Westwood, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Great location outside of downtown staff friendly clean room nothing bad to say. Well be back. We wanted to check out savannah for the first time on our way back from florida. This hotel was a great way for us to do that a quick drive. 5 miles and we were delighted to find out that all the fuss About downtown was actually worth it living outside if NYC were not easily impressed but the downtown river walk was like Greenwich village on the river. Tons of people hanging out having a. Good times We hope to stay a few days next year maybe here maybe downtown. Depends on our budget

• Stayed March 2013
Frederick, Maryland, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

No acknowledgment that we were Gold Crown Club members. Nice, reliable motel with close driving access to Savannah. Typical breakfast available for guests which is always a nice perk. Good spot to stop on a drive to/from Florida, just nothing real special.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Central Inn? Share your experiences!