“A+ from my husband and me!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Savannah Historic District

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Plus Savannah Historic District to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plus Savannah Historic District
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   412 West Bay Street, Savannah, GA 31401 (Historic District - North)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #46 of 111 Hotels in Savannah
Franklin, New Hampshire
“A+ from my husband and me!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I wanted to stay in the Historic District of Savannah for several days on our trip home to NE. I chose BW for the price and was very pleased. The concierge was an unexpected bonus, and I mean bonus! Kyle and Mary were super, and truly knew "their stuff." The rooms were clean, and I was "Queen of the Pillows" for several great sleeping experiences (four pillows to a bed). The bathroom was very modern and the hot water was HOT! Every staff member had a smile, on their face, not one bad experience with help. The breakfasts were good, not only with the expected waffles, but sausages and scrambled eggs, too. I only wish I had been there for Christmas to see if they lit the fireplace! Intend to go back for a longer stay. We also walked everywhere, except the Bonaventure Cemetery.

We could hear some noise from our neighbors, but they had four children, what do you expect? Never encountered the sulfur smell that was mentioned in someone else's review, but if BW has it, so do the Hilton and other hotels across the street. And the trash was stuff that came from being in the city. It was quite windy while we were there so stuff was blowing all around, not just on Bay St.

Room Tip: Because of the location, in downtown, you are going to have some noise, that's why you stay, to...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GM11205, Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Savannah Historic District, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
I am so happy to hear you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us! The concierge is an added bonus for our guests and both Kyle and Mary are very knowledgeable about the area. The bed comfort (and multiple pillows) is a must for me when I travel as well, so that is great to know that we have the right amount of pillows on each bed. Next time when you stay with us, you will have to visit Bonaventure Cemetary! It is one of the most beautiful and tranquil places I have been. Thank you again, and we cannot wait for your return!

Best Western Plus Savannah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Royal Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

After reading several reviews I was prepared for the noise. I requested a back room, as suggested, however between 2-3 am you can hear people in the streets. A bit of advice, the a/c unit has a switch to "constant fan", turn it on and you will hear less noise. The rooms were modern and very clean. Decent, free, hot breakfast. Best value for pet stay and parking. Most other hotels are at least $40 more per night and charge pet fee of $75 a night and $18 parking. We will definitely stay here again. Great location, we walked everywhere!

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN PLUS Savannah Historic District! I hope you also took advantage of the white noise machine that we offer to each guest in their rooms to help reduce the street noise. I am also very happy to hear that you travel with your pet, as we really like to cater to being "pet-friendly." We very much look forward to your return. Thank you again!

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

This hotel is literally steps from all the action in Savannah's Historic District. We walked everywhere. We went during the colder months and were very appreciative of the heater that was in the room. They also had a continental breakfast. Would most certainly return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
I was so happy to read your review about all the perks of our hotel that you enjoyed while on your trip! Sometimes the colder months are the better times to enjoy Savannah and all it has to offer, due to the weather itself and not so many people in town. We cannot wait for your return to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Savannah Historic District. Thank you again for choosing to stay at our property!

Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Good location and good price, room and bath were roomy. Continental breakfast was good. It was great being able to park right outside our hotel room, very convenient. Room was quiet and clean. Front desk very friendly and concierge very helpful. Main complaint was the smell, which the hotel can do nothing about, there is some kind of manufacturing plant between the river and the hotel, and the sulfur like smell was pretty bad. The outside areas of the hotel needed some attention and some trash pick up was needed. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
We are so happy you chose BEST WESTERN PLUS Savannah Historic District for your stay. I was happy to hear you took advantage of our free deluxe continental breakfast and the on-site parking. The smell from the local paper plant is something that is out of our hands, but I was glad to know you knew it was nothing of the hotel's fault. I will take the information you wrote about the exterior of the property and use it to better our appearance. Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to see you in the future!

Fayetteville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Good place to stay at the end of the River Walk away from all the noise but right at the Historic District.Room was nice bath was sparkling clean and well appointed.Would pet friendly has paid parking which is great you don't have to search for a place to park in the district.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
GM11205, Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Savannah Historic District, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
We are delighted you made the decision to stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Savannah Historic District! Thank you for the wonderful compliments and we look forward to your return!

Tampa, Florida, Usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Check-out time is 11:00 AM, but because we had arrived late the night before, we asked to check-out at 12:00 Noon and the front desk said fine-no problem. However, it seems it was a problem, because 5 different people from housekeeping asked me if I was going to check-out or stay another night. 4 of these people knocked on our door, and 1 person called from the front desk. When the girl called from the front desk, I told that I went down personally at 9AM to get a 12:00 check-out. She replied "oh yes, I see it here-you do have a 12:00 check-out. You're okay". She did NOT say "sorry" or anything - just "you're okay". The housekeeping people also did not acknowledge that we had a 12:00 check-out. They just kept knocking on our door, one after another. This has never happened to us before. Despite it's good location, we will NEVER stay at this Best Western again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

GM11205, Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Savannah Historic District, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for contacting Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay. Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you encountered. I am embarrassed by the lack of service you received, and I will speak with the Front Office Manager and Executive Housekeeper immediately. It is our goal to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction. We rely on our guests to let us know when we have fallen short. Comments such as yours permit us to target areas of concern and take the necessary steps to remedy the situation. If the author of this review would please contact the hotel so that we can rectify the situation it would be greatly appreciated. Again, please accept my sincere apologies. We look forward to bringing you resolution and satisfaction concerning this matter.

Operations Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Savannah Historic District? Share your experiences!