“Would do it again in a heartbeat.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 165 Activities in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: Add a little "fright" to your night.......The Boos and Brews Ghost Tour. This haunted tour is definately for the vacationing Adult! Take a leisurely scary stroll through the heart of Savannah's Haunted Historic District. Walk around with your favorite adult beverage in hand, hear terrifying ghost stories, and actually go into old creepy buildings (Moon River Brewing Company and 17Hundred90 Inn) to experience these paranormal pub stories for yourself!
“Would do it again in a heartbeat.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

We went on the boos and brews tour last night and had a great time. Jackie was not only personable and entertaining, but full of knowledge on the history of Savannah. We saw some extremely interesting places and loved getting to explore moon river brewing co. It was a great experience and we would absolutely do it again. Thanks Jackie!

Visited August 2013
gablondewv, Owner at Tara Haunted Tours, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
We are thrilled you loved your tour so much. Jackie is an awesome tour guide, and really enjoys what she does!
Your review was very heartfelt. Jackie would like for me to persoanlly thank you on her behalf. Please do come back and take another tour with us!
-Tara & Jackie

Baltimore, Maryland, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Awesome Ghost Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

My husband and I visited Savannah and wanted to experience a ghost tour. We ended up picking Tara Tours because of the excellent reviews and boy am I glad we did! Chad was our tour guide and he was brilliant! He was very patient, knowledgeable and answered all of my husband's questions. Not really sure why previous reviewers are complaining about the drinking aspect of this tour. The name of the tour is boos & brews, what were you expecting? There are plenty of other ghost tours in Savannah that do not involve alcohol. During my tour the focus was definitely not drinking. We stopped at four bars (including the pub we started at) and were there long enough to go to the bathroom and order a drink to go (since you can walk the streets with alcohol in a plastic cup). Chad took us to many, many spots along our route and told very interesting stories and personal experiences with the paranormal. I would definitely recommend this tour and especially Chad as the tour guide.

Visited August 2013
Thank you for the amazing review. I personally think Chad is a brilliant tour guide as well!
I totally agree with you you about a previous review, not liking our Boos and Brews Tours because some of the tour guests have a drink while hearing ghost stories. 99% of the the people "get" what we do on our tours. It's not a big drink fest by any means, but a really cool way to relax, see Savannah, and enjoy yourself on a ghost tour. The haunted locations we go into aren't bad either! Everyone of them has a distinct haunted history, and all of them have been featured on tv. (Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventures, My Ghost Story, etc.).
Thanks again, and come back anytime!
-Tara
Clearwater, Florida
“AWESOME! Well Worth It!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This was a great walking tour!! Chad was our guide and really added extra value with his stories and photos of strange happenings. The historical background was very intriguing and informative. Chad told us to take lots of pictures and then look at them on our computer when we got home. So, we did. We were amazed to find in our last photos at the Moon River pub were 2 orbs. These were not visible when we were at the pub, but only showed up in our photos. So, take lots of pictures and see what you get! I would definitely take this tour again.

Visited August 2013
We're so glad to hear how much you enjoyed the ghost tour. Your review about Chad and his ghost tour was great!
Chad is very knowledgeable with all aspects of Savannah's paranormal history. His tour has that perfect combination of fright and education that can really keep his audience intrigued. Basically all my guides have their own sense of style they put into the tours, that make easch one so unique. You will never get the same tour twice!
Thanks again,
Tara
“Well worth it, very intriguing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

After searching TripAdvisor There were many haunted tours to choose from and after walking around on Tara's Tour I realized there were even more then I thought. The pub stops attracted me to this particular tour in addition to all the great reviews. Jackie was our tour guide and it was obvious she knew the area and the history very well. It was great to do something extremely different and something capable of taking you out if reality for at least a couple hours. I would highly reccomend doing this as soon as possible when you arrive in savannah rather then waiting because it serves as a little history lesson which will allow you to appreciate the city so much more, and also will allow you time to go back and visit the sites in the daytime. Overall this was a great time, a must do!

utah
19 attraction reviews
“Tour was ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This tour was entertaining enough but it was more of a pub Crawl than I expected. Also I was hoping for more history on the area, instead we got more of the guides personal experiences.

Visited July 2013
gablondewv, Owner at Tara Haunted Tours, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
I am extremely upset that you wrote this review.

The next day after this tour you called me to complain about how you and your Husband are not drinkers and that you didn't appreciate the bar stops on the tour. We had a very long and indepth conversation about why my ghost tour is called "The Boos and Brews Tour".
Let me clarify it again for the TripAdvisor readers.......
(Join us TONIGHT to explore haunted establishments and hear ghost stories, all with an alcoholic beverage in hand. The gruesome tales you will hear on our BOOS AND BREWS tour are suitable for adult ears only! Take pictures and walk with us through Savannah’s scary Historic District while listening to amazing ghost stories!) An excerpt from the website.
________________________________________________________________________

I would also like to invite all TripAdvisor readers to scroll to the review just below this one. It too was written about the same tour which you were apart of. I explained to you that our tours are 2 hrs. long with 1.5 hrs involving ghost stories on a well established route through the haunted streets of Savannah, and that 30 minutes is utilized in going into haunted establishments (Moon River Brewing Co, & 17Hundred90 Inn) and grabbing an adult beverage.

When you called you wanted a full refund. Since you stayed on the entire tour till the very end, I gave you a partial refund of $20. I never do this, but in the one case that I do.....look what happens. A bad review. I feel scammed. The fact is you knew when getting this refund from my company, that you were already going to write the review.

Also this is a ghost tour, not a history tour. My tour guides do involve a small portion of history to help you understand how the paranormal side of Savannah falls into play. It seems in the review just below this one about the same exact tour that you took, they loved the history portion. Once again I feel scammed into giving a partial refund.

The bottom line......I personally took your reservation and explained indepth what our tour offered. I personally spoke with you on the phone the next day and once again explained what our tour offers. I think it's rude to try to take down a tour company in this manner. It's just wrong.