“Wonderful Old South Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Foley House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Savannah
Foley House Inn
You added Foley House Inn to your Saves list
14 West Hull Street, Savannah, GA 31401 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #14 of 39 Savannah B&B and Inns
ddavis2708
“Wonderful Old South Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2007

Staying at The Foley House Inn was a wonderful experience. I loved the decor, with all the antique furniture, paintings, frames, and woodwork. It is definitely a beautiful hotel.
All the staff were friendly and made us feel welcome. The breakfasts and afternoon snacks were delicious.
The location is great, right off Chippewa Square where Forrest Gump was filmed with Forrest sitting on the bench waiting for the bus. We walked just about everywhere we went, nothing was too far.
I definitely would like to make a return trip to experience more Old South Hospitality.

• Liked — The historic feel of the hotel.
  • Disliked — Lots of stairs to get up to the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2007

We recently stayed at the Foley House Inn, and were swept away by its charm and the hospitality of every staff member. The rooms were lovely, the food was delicious, and each and every staff member made sure that we were well taken care of at all times. We have stayed at many fine establishments, and this one has moved to the top of our list! We look forward to returning and enjoying the Inn again. We have been telling all of our friends about our wonderful experience!

• Liked — The charm and location of the Inn
  • Disliked — I liked everything about the accommodation; every expectation was exceeded
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2007

I just got back from our second trip to Savannah and our second stay at the Foley House Inn. If you really want the Savannah experience, I highly recommend staying at this BEAUTIFUL B&B. The rates may seem pricey for some of the rooms, but it is totally worth it!!! The B&B is located right in the middle of the historic district, within easy walking distance of all sites. The staff is incredibly friendly and has been each time we've stayed there. I too, was also skeptical about staying at a B&B...but now it is the only place we will ever stay when visiting Savannah!!

The palor rooms are available for you to sit and relax, and chat with other guests 24 hours a day. There is also port set out for your enjoyment all day and night. Between the hours of 3pm and 5pm, there is "afternoon tea" when they set out iced and hot tea and/or coffee, and also freshly made sweets. This and their "hospitality hour" between 6pm and 7pm are great ways to talk to the other guests, meet new people, and maybe get some great ideas on things they've done in Savannah. My husband even had a job offer from meeting another guest at these hospitality times!! Hospitality hour offers guests red or white wine along with hot appetizers before going out to dinner.

The staff is extremely helpful when it comes to planning your trip and making reservations. They will call anywhere for you to find out anything you need. While we were there, we had dinner recommendations and reservations made, a horse and carriage ride reservation made, had massages at the Savannah Day Spa, and took some historic walks. They also made our taxi reservation for us back to the airport when it was time to leave. The staff also has a binder full of restaurant menus for you to view so you can get an idea of what prices are like at some restaurants. It is a good idea to have the staff make any dinner reservations for you; it seems when the restaurant gets the reservation from the Foley House staff, you are treated even more kindly and even got the best table in the house at Bistro Savannah!! This may be coinsidence though....but I really think the restaurants work with the B&B's for referrals.

Freshly made, hot breakfast is available 8am - 10am. And you get your choice of about 3 different items!

The rooms are very clean and cleaned for you everyday. They will make up your bed, staighten your desk, sink area, and give you fresh towels, shampoo, lotion, soaps, robes, bottles of water, etc... We had a jacuzzi room and they even scrubbed our jacuzzi and shower every day!!

This is a truly amazing bed and breakfast and so worth every penny. I cannot say enough about the kind and charming staff and our experience staying at the foley house inn.

• Liked — Clean rooms and kind staff
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2007

Heard about the Foley House from some friends who stayed there in the Fall and had nothing but nice things to say about it and Savannah, so we decided to see Savannah and also stayed at the Foley House. Have to say that our friends were right on the money! Great location inthe middle of the historic district. The staff was very helpful and if you've never experienced Southern Charm before you'll be in for a treat, they were amazingly friendly. Cocktail hour was a real treat and a great way to meet the other guests who were also very pleased with the inn. Stayed in a great room on the ground floor and had our own private garden which was just beautiful and quiet, a nice place to relax after going on walking tours around the city. If you go to Savannah stay at the Foley House.

Stayed May 2007
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2007

The Foley Inn was perfect ! We were in Savannah for a Party and someone had recommended the Foley Inn. I was skeptical, as I typically do not stay at B&B's. But I must say it was FABULOUS. The rooms were so charming, the food authentic and the most warm and helpful staff a guest could ask for. Staying at the Foley Inn helped us experience all that Savannah has to offer. I will definitely visit Savannah and The Foley Inn again.

Stayed April 2007
Milton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2007

I made a whirlwind decision last week to go to Savannah and I picked the Foley House just based on the photo's and packages they had available. The Foley House exceeded my expectations. The house and my garden room was absoultely beautiful! The staff was so polite and helpful and the food was divine! I HIGHLY recommend Foley House!

Stayed May 2007
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2007

My stay at Foley House was incredible! I have never stayed at a bed & breakfast before and therefore did not know what to expect. Foley House greatly exceeded my expectations! It is a gorgeous house that is elegant but at the same time extremely comfortable. The decor is amazing and every room is unique and beautiful. I had a beautiful room with a lot of windows. The fireplace was also a nice touch.
The staff was very friendly and accomodating. They were great to talk to and they shared the history of Savannah with us. The owners are also wonderful and they are adding some great updates to the inn. The food was great and better than most of the local restaurants I visited.
Overall, my experience at Foley House was excellent! I would definitely stay there again and plan to on my next visit to Savannah.

Stayed April 2007

Been to Foley House Inn? Share your experiences!