“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Foley House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Savannah
Foley House Inn
Ranked #14 of 39 Savannah B&B and Inns
chicago
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2007

The Foley Inn was perfect ! We were in Savannah for a Party and someone had recommended the Foley Inn. I was skeptical, as I typically do not stay at B&B's. But I must say it was FABULOUS. The rooms were so charming, the food authentic and the most warm and helpful staff a guest could ask for. Staying at the Foley Inn helped us experience all that Savannah has to offer. I will definitely visit Savannah and The Foley Inn again.

Stayed April 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Milton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2007

I made a whirlwind decision last week to go to Savannah and I picked the Foley House just based on the photo's and packages they had available. The Foley House exceeded my expectations. The house and my garden room was absoultely beautiful! The staff was so polite and helpful and the food was divine! I HIGHLY recommend Foley House!

Stayed May 2007
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2007

My stay at Foley House was incredible! I have never stayed at a bed & breakfast before and therefore did not know what to expect. Foley House greatly exceeded my expectations! It is a gorgeous house that is elegant but at the same time extremely comfortable. The decor is amazing and every room is unique and beautiful. I had a beautiful room with a lot of windows. The fireplace was also a nice touch.
The staff was very friendly and accomodating. They were great to talk to and they shared the history of Savannah with us. The owners are also wonderful and they are adding some great updates to the inn. The food was great and better than most of the local restaurants I visited.
Overall, my experience at Foley House was excellent! I would definitely stay there again and plan to on my next visit to Savannah.

NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Foley House Inn for a weekend in April and had a wonderful time. The Inn was beautifully decorated and redolent with historical charm. The staff was very friendly and helpful, full of great suggestions for meals and other local suggestions and the complimentary breakfast was a lovely way to start the day, particularly when it was warm enough to sit in the one of the gardens. The room and bed were very comfortable, almost too nice to leave. As the Inn is centrally located in the Historic District a car wasn't at all necessary. All in all it was a perfect place to spend a relaxed and carefree weekend.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2007

My husband and I had the opportunity to visit Savannah for a long weekend in mid-April and chose the Foley Inn due to its central location within the historic district and its reputation as one of America's most romantic inns. The Foley did not disappoint. The dual parlor rooms are extremely welcoming. Its location just off Chippewa Square makes for an easy walk around the historic district as well as to the Waterfront. Additionally, they offer a great cocktail hour, which provides a unique opportunity to socialize with other guests and plan your evening.

The Inn is absolutely stunning, from the outside through the inside. We stayed in the Easton Lodge and it was a spectacular room overlooking the square. The King size bed was terrific for lounging, and the electric fireplace was wonderful. Even better was waking up to the pitter patter of the horse hooves in the morning during the guided tours.

Grant and Allisen, the inn keepers, and their staff were wonderful. From the delicious breakfasts to their recommendations for lunch, dinner and other great Savannah haunts (Pinky Master's)! We will definitely stay at the Foley Inn during our next visit, and we look forward to spending even more time exploring beautiful Savannah.

• Liked — The beauty of the Inn and the location
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2007

We just returned from an extended weekend in Historic Savannah Ga. and what a stay it was. We started out in NYC and already we were told our plane was delayed so we would not be getting in until after midnight. I called the Foley Inn and was greeted with a friendly and informative representative who told me where my key would be with a detailed description of how to find my room. He also offerred to have a taxi cab ready and waiting for us when we arrived.

Location, Location, Location.. right in the middle of the Historic District.. in fact the Foley Inn was even mentioned on one of our tours!

We were on the ground level in a good sized room with our own private garden which allowed us to open the door whenever we were in the room. Breakfast was amazing with 3 choices and at least one different choice every day. and best of all - you had the choice of staying inside or eating outside in the garden. Staff was super friendly with any request we had.

Off to see some sights- the "concierge" was most helpful in getting us telephone numbers and directions to where we wanted to go as well as other suggestions.

Time for cake and tea- every afternoon we were served various sweets and tea - delicious.

Then time for wine and snacks.. wow I have never been so pampered.

All around an amazing time and I would suggest this Inn to anyone interested in staying in a traditional, well run, amazingly located Inn in Savannah.

• Liked — Location and Ambiance
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2007

I had never been to Savannah; I was surprised, it had more to offer than I anticipated. The Foley House was the perfect way to experience the city. Amenities and service at the Inn were outstanding. It is also perfectly located in the center of everything. I will definitely make a return trip to The Foley House.

• Liked — Cleanliness & Location
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Foley House Inn? Share your experiences!