“Great 1st Bed & Breakfast experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Foley House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Savannah
Foley House Inn
You added Foley House Inn to your Saves list
14 West Hull Street, Savannah, GA 31401 (Downtown)   |
Offers & Announcements
Stay 2 nights for $299
Ranked #14 of 39 Savannah B&B and Inns
North Carolina
“Great 1st Bed & Breakfast experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2007

My husband and I decided to take a quick getaway to the Foley House. We've never stayed in a bed and breakfast so this was an exciting first trip.

Location: The Foley House is in a great location however if your not closely paying attention, you will drive past this house several times. As soon as you make that right, it's right there. We drove past the house at least 4 times.

Check In: It was very quick! Staff was very friendly!

Room: Due to the home being built in the 1800s there was a few things I didn't care for. We picked a room that was close to 400.00 bucks a night and for that much I expected the tub to be a lot cleaner than what it was. I saw hair and dirt and foot prints in the tub. Since I'm very cautious about things like that, we went to the CVS around the corner and bought some Clorox cleaner and let that filter through the jacuzzi tub for a little. Then we did some cleaning to make sure the tub was clean to our standards.

Again for $400 bucks a night, we shouldn't have to do that!

Bed: It was very comfortable. A little high off the ground though. My husband had to pull me up on the bed. Very comfortable sleep.

Temperature: It was cold in that room. I believe due to the temp outside, the rooms have to be at a certain temp or it will be very uncomfortable.

Breakfast: I really wasn't that impressed with the breakfast. I believe they were serving french toast on the day we were there. The waitress advised that they ran out of orange juice. Basically we left hungry b/c the food was not great.

Room Service: We did request strawberries and champagne on the last night at the last minute. It wasn't to much trouble for them at all, we had it in our room once we returned from dinner.

Overall we had a great time in Savannah. This place is known for bed & breakfast facilities. We probably will not stay here again. Looking for something a little more updated.

• Liked — It was quiet
  • Disliked — The tub
  • Tips/Secrets — Bring cleaners
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2006

My husband and I recently visited the Foley House Inn - romantic, beautifully decorated, and well staffed. We enjoy the bed and breakfast experience, and our visit to Foley House Inn is at the top of the list in our b & b travels. Our room was beautiful and everything was so clean. Breakfast was a delight every morning. The Foley House Inn is located in the historic section of Savannah and within walking distance to lovely old homes, fine restaurants, and shopping. We used our vehicle only twice, during our stay. I highly recommend a trip to Savannah, one of the most beautiful cities I have visited, and encourage your stay at the Foley House Inn. The staff will give you information about local dining and places to visit. A special thanks to Vickie, Jackie, Queta, Fred and Julie, who are all friendly and helpful.

I have to mention the bed...large and with the most comfortable mattress. I had four nights of the best sleep I have had in years.

If you have leg problems, made sure to book a room no higher than the second floor, as there are a lot of stairs.

Savannah: The people take so much pride in their city, which is clean and walking friendly. We did take a private carriage ride, during the day, which we very much enjoyed, and we loved the atmosphere at the Six Pence Inn, although the menu is limited. We missed one of the evening ghost tours, but there is always our next visit.

On a negative note, avoid the 1790 restaurant. We were very disappointed. Over priced and the food was below average.

Stayed November 2006
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2006

Just spent 3 fabulous days at The Foley House Inn in Savannah. The inn is beautiful! Our room was lovely. Very clean and cozy. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom had a nice jacuzzi tub. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The location can't be beat - right in the middle of the historic district. Within walking distance to most everything, yet still quiet at night. A hot, fresh cooked breakfast is included in the room rate. Each morning brought new choices and everything was delicious. We dined outside in one of the lovely secluded gardens, but indoor dining is also available. Or you can have breakfast brought to your room. Everything about our stay was absolutley perfect. Can't wait to go back!

• Liked — beautifully decorated and very clean
  • Disliked — loved everything!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
houston tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2006

A beautiful property which is looking a bit tired. The staff was wonderful. The room was a bit worn and the bath was really in need of attention.
The toilet tissue was the quality you find in public facilities. Jelly in cheap restaurant plastic. A wonderful dining room that was a delight to have breakfast in.
It overall needs a good bit of attention.

Stayed September 2006
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2006

The Foley was everything I expected. Great location, wonderful staff, beautiful property and spotless rooms. I felt like I stepped back in time. Savannah is a great little town too. Historic, fun and peaceful.

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Stairs
  • Tips/Secrets — Book early to get the best room
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2006

We spent three nights at the Foley House Inn in June of 2006, and were extremely impressed with all aspects of the experience. The house itself is lovely, the service was excellent without being intrusive (and the concierge service was outstanding), the breakfasts were delicious, and the room was spacious, comfortable, and elegant. Additionally, the location could hardly be improved on for anyone who wants to walk around the historic and scenic parts of downtown Savannah. My only (small) complaint would be that the low-flow toilet in our room (for water conservation, I assume) sometimes required multiple flushes. Other than that, pretty much a perfect experience. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2006

The house and rooms are just beautiful. The breakfasts were great as were the pastries in the afternoon and the treats with wine in the evening. I only wish coffee and tea was available at all times. The staff was so warm and friendly and very accommodating. Would highly recommend this inn.

• Stayed June 2006

Been to Foley House Inn? Share your experiences!