“The Perfect Weekend Getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Foley House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Savannah
Foley House Inn
14 West Hull Street, Savannah, GA 31401 (Downtown)   |
Offers & Announcements
2-Night Stay for $299
Ranked #15 of 39 Savannah B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia
“The Perfect Weekend Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I decided to get away from Atlanta for the weekend, so I drove down to Savannah on a Saturday morning. I arrived around 1 pm and this place was easy to find. Parking is a little tight there but free on the weekends, and the very friendly Christine greeted me and found me a parking spot behind the building on the street. A porter brought my bags to my cozy room on the lowest floor, and I was able to bring my dog to the room.
For only $50 additional you can bring your dog, they are very pet friendly here.
Checkin wasn't until 3 so my dog and I walked to a nearby restaurant to sit outside and enjoy people walking. Foley House Inn is located on one of Savannah's beautiful squares, and there are many others within walking distance, as is the whole River front scene (if you are into the touristy stuff). Otherwise, the nearby neighborhoods are full of stately old churches and beautiful old homes.
I only stayed one night, but I truly enjoyed the wine and snacks happy hour, good recommendations for a spot for dinner, and complimentary port wine afterwards. The next morning, I enjoyed a wonderful full breakfast on the patio.
You pay a little more to come here but the amenties and super friendly and helpful staff is so worth it. Realize that this is an old building and some of the carpeting is wearing, but it's part of the charm of a place like this. My room was clean, large, nice bathroom and large flat screen TV.
I would definitely come back, especially since the people who work there are so accomodating.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with an older dog, the lower level rooms are great as you have doors directly o...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

647 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Fort Mill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Just completed a two day stay at the Foley House Inn. Came in from St. Augustine with two friends and one dog. From the time we called for information until we checked in, we were treated very courteously and professionally by Tyler, who was such a doll. This was the first time to Savannah for two of us and Tyler was very helpful and accommodating. He never seemed to tire of answering our endless questions and always made sure we had anything we needed while staying there. The Inn itself is very quaint and the epitome of a southern B&B in my opinion. It has all the charm of an old southern residence but with our modern conveniences. Was even able to get a little work in late one night thanks to the free Wi-Fi. Would definitely recommend the Foley house, especially if traveling with a small dog. Most definitely will stay there again as I love Savannah and hope to return soon with my husband. Thanks again to all the staff, especially Tyler, for making our stay so enjoyable.

Room Tip: If traveling with a pet, the top floor seems to be more private if your little four-legged friend li...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
East Longmeadow, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We greatly enjoyed our stay at the Foley House Inn. We were in communication with the staff including Tyler and Christine throughout our vacation, and they provided thoughtful suggestions for restaurants and activities. Importantly, they made a point of asking what we were interested in before making any recommendations. The guests will be pleased with the accommodations, amenities, and location. Bhí sé go h-iontach ar fad!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Farmersville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

The Foley House had a most comfortable and relaxing atmosphere. I felt like I took a step back in time with the victorian furnishings.The food which was prepared for us was of very good quality-especially the biscuits at breakfast.All of the employees were exceptional, but one in particular stood out. Her name is Christine. She was most helpful in assisting us with scheduling our tours, giving directions to locations we inquired about , making sure everything at They Foley House was meeting our needs-not to mention her interest she took in our personal lives and sharing some of hers with us. She made The Foley House our home away from home.Great location

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Louisville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I visited Savannah, Georgia for the first time this past weekend. We had an absolutely wonderful time. Our stay at the Foley house was a huge part of what made our trip as special and memorable as it was. The staff was extremely attentive and helpful from the moment we walked up the front steps. They gave us great advice on places to visit and restaurants to eat at as well as tours to take. They made reservations for us making sure that we were well taken care of once we arrived at our reservation destinations.
Our room at the Foley house house was great! It was the perfect combination of modern amenities mixed with the ambiance of the lat 1800's charm that makes up Savannah. Adding to that ambiance the Foley House offers a quaint and delicious breakfast each morning, afternoon sweets with lemonade and tea that is delectable, and evening hourdarves with wine that were just amazingly good. Mix that with the 1800's decor and the mingling of other guests and it was such a delight to look forward to daily.
The Foley house offers the perfect location in Savannah. When my husband and I arrived we parked the car and never got back in it until our drive back to the airport. The Foley house is centrally located so that you are within walking distance of all the attractions. I am looking forward to my next trip to Savannah and I wouldn't consider staying anywhere other than the Foley House!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

I cannot say enough about our wonderful weekend at the Foley house in Savannah, GA........ Christine, Tyler, Alice, and the rest of the staff go above and beyond to ensure your stay is a comfortable and enjoyable experience you will never forget. I loved coming in from a long day of walking, having a glass of tea, eating delicious sweets, and having wonderful conversations.... My parents and I are early risers, so we would come down for coffe to be greeted by Christine ( she is so knowledgeable) She even helped me get back to the hotel when i left to go running at 6 :30 am , in the dark, and found myself completely lost.... Thanks again Christine, and everyone at the Foley House...PS . Best shower ever!!!! Oh and The Biscuits!!!! DS from North Carolina

• Stayed September 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We had a truly memorable stay recently at the Foley Inn. Tyler, Christine and Ed made us feel right at home. My husband has to stick to a gluten-free diet and at breakfast, tea time and cocktail hour the folks at the Foley Inn went out of their way to make sure he enjoyed the food. So above and beyond our expectations. We were also traveling with our dog and were amazed a how graciously he was treated by all. We'll for sure be back and will highly recommend the Inn to friends and family with or without dogs!!

Room Tip: We were in the carriage house and it was truly the most quiet hotel and/or B&B room we've ev...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Foley House Inn? Share your experiences!