“excellent services” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 Yvette J. Hagins Drive, Savannah, GA 31408 (Formerly Cambria Suites Savannah Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early Save up to 20%
Ranked #19 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
“excellent services”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

close to the air-port / motel is very cleans / provided good services / staff is good / locations is good / fitness center was great / If you want to recommend to other people, answer is yes / swimming pool is nice neat and clean Looking forward in future go and stay

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Garry G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
mohinip193-
Hello! I wanted to let you know that your review really made my day. Our team strives hard to provide our travelers with all of the comforts they need while traveling. Thank you for sharing your experience with the world. We are excited for your return. I wish you all the best.

Garry

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Pooler, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for 8 weeks up until this week. I tried to book my next week stay and the lady at the desk said there were only two rooms available at $278 a night starting on a Monday night. The day shift manager was standing by her during this conversation. While trying to ask for a discount, the manager walked away. At that point I was no longer a valued customer. I'm a Hiton Honours memeber and should have recieved some sort of feedback from the manager on why they could not accommidate me with a discount. This is not the only issue I have experienced at this hotel with the managment staff. I'm presently staying at the Embassy Suites, where I intend to finish out my relocation over the next couple of months. Not sure if this information will help the service at this hotel, but I would be glad to speak with someone if you need additional informaiton.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Garry G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Rex B-
I would like to sincerely apologize for the lack of service and uncaring attitude the previous management staff at our hotel displayed during your past stay. The lack of professionalism when taking care of our guests is something that our ownership does not tolerate. Since your last stay, the manager that you had mentioned is no longer with our property nor is the gentleman that was the General Manager during this period. I am the new General Manager of the property and have equipped my team with a new Front Office Manager, Operations Manager and Food & Beverage Manager. Since the change in management staff, I am pleased to inform you that the DoubleTree Savannah Airport has grown leaps and bounds. We are currently the #5 top ranked hotel out of all the DoubleTree hotels in the Hilton portfolio. Without our loyal guests, we would not be in business. I apologize again for your experience and hope that you will be able to stop by the hotel and allow me to treat you to dinner for the past mistakes of others. Thank you for your feedback and please know that we have made the necessary changes to ensure our guests know what they mean to us!

Johnson City, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

This is a fairly new hotel in a nice location. The 3rd floor is for Hilton Honors members, and the rooms are very nice. Mine was a mini suite with a fridge and microwave, and the bathroom was also nice. The hotel has a bar and restaurant off the lobby, but I did not use either. The staff is very friendly, and the rooms are quiet. I almost rated this a 5 star, but the bed was not quite as comfortable as the ones at the Hampton Inns and the mattress kind of sank towards the middle. Overall, this is a very good place to stay.

Room Tip: Try to get on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Garry G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Hugh G-
Thank you for taking the time to review our new hotel. Our bedding package is brand new as we recently opened up at the end of February, so I will be sure to check out your suite to find out why you encountered issues with your mattress. I hope that upon your next trip to Savannah you will be able to try out our onsite restaurant. Besides our fantastic daily menu, we run great specials daily. Our recent special featured King Crab legs and a great happy hour. Your insight is greatly appreciated and we will take all the necessary measures to ensure our future guests enjoy their stay as you did.

Rock Hill, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel May 22nd for three nights. We were down for a graduation. We checked in with Shanna, she was very efficient. Our room was very spacious and clean. My husband raved about how spacious the closet was and so I knew then this hotel was UPTOWN... We enjoyed dinner one night in the restaurant and your server Ann was exceptionally charming and friendly. She is a great asset to the Hilton family. This hotel was in the prefect location for us and we will stay again.

• Stayed May 2014
Garry G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
HOTELDIVA45-
Thank you for your review on our hotel! We appreciate the five stars you have awarded us. To hear that your accommodations were just what you needed is music to my ears. I am also pleased to know that you were able to experience our on site restaurant and enjoy the amazing food our hotel has to offer. When you make it back to Savannah, I hope you will join us again as we have made significant additions to our restaurant menu. We have also added an omelet station to our breakfast buffet that is simply fantastic. Thank you again for your review. I wish you all the best.

Kennesaw, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I was very pleased with the DT Savannah Airport. It is easily accessible to Interstates #16 & #95 and only 10 minutes from Downtown Savannah. The hotel itself had a very good feel to it...the lobby was nicely decorated and the room was very clean. I would definitely stay here again. The location allows you to enjoy Savannah without the stress of the downtown tourist challenges...parking, eating and congestion. Good Job DoubleTree Savannah!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Adrian R-
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to review the new DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport. Our location does make the travelers stay a bit more comfortable without all the hustle and bustle of being downtown. The drive is short and with free parking and complimentary WIFI, what is save at our hotel can be spent downtown on other Savannah keepsakes. Thank you again for taking the time to review our property. We look forward to your return.

Hephzibah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Beautiful room, and fantastic staff. The room was amazing! The front desk receptionist, Stephanie, was fantastic. I was visiting Savannah to see some Army buddies and I hadn't seen in 25 years and we chose this hotel because it was close to the airport. It was a great choice. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Linda W-
Thank you for your review and for your services. We appreciate you serving our country and our team is glad to know that we were able to accommodate all of your needs. Should you ever be in Savannah again, please stop by and check out our updated menu in our on site restaurant. We have some wonderful selections and offer discounts to our military hero's! Thank you again for your services. We are ever so grateful.

San Francisco, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Newly built or refurbished. The front of the room is a "living room" with couch, TV and desk. The back of the room is the bed room which also has a TV. Much larger and nicer room than I'm used to for this price.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Garry G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Susan K-
Thank you for your review. I am the new General Manager for the DoubleTree by Hilton Savannah Airport and wanted to inform you that as we have transitioned into a new Hilton product, we have made some significant strides since your last stay with us. I hope that if you have a chance to visit Savannah again, you will allow us to host you once more. I recommend trying out our restaurant "Savannah Kitchen" for a taste of some made from scratch southern cooked meals. Safe Travels!

Garry

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport? Share your experiences!