“Great place to stay in Savannah” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 Yvette J. Hagins Drive, Savannah, GA 31408 (Formerly Cambria Suites Savannah Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early Save up to 20%
Ranked #28 of 112 hotels in Savannah
“Great place to stay in Savannah”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I often stay with Choice Hotels brands and Cambria is now my favorite. The layout was great with really cool accents. We had a room on the 1st floor at the end of the hall which I would change next time due to the foot traffic going out the side entrance. Overall it was a great stay.

• Stayed February 2013

381 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed here the first time because my usual place was full. Now this is the only place I stay when in Savannah. I travel there quite often for business, and Cambria has all the amenities you need. The rooms are always very clean, and the beds very comfortable. Bathrooms are larger than most. The rooms, along with the rest of the hotel is modern and contemporary. I've read where some has had some service issues, but not me. They've always been very nice and accommodating to anything I've needed. The hotel is very close to several restaurants, grocery stores, you name it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Woodbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We had a corner suite that was very spacious and clean. The indoor pool and hot tub are small but nice because they are open 24 hours. I would recommend this place. I also recommend taking a drive to charleston, south Carolina

• Stayed February 2013
Melbourne, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The hotel over all looks nice, rooms clean. The big problem is the walls are so thin you can hear people in the hall way, people walking on the floor above you and doors slamming. I'm here for 5 nights (this is night 2) and may actually check out early. We moved to the 4th floor, but you can still hear noise. It's a real shame since the hotel seems to have a lot going for it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is a great place to stay. I came in late on my first day - the shuttle bus driver was very friendly and - once we got to the hotel - advised me to quickly go to the bar to get some food if I was still hungry. Mind you, it was almost midnight. The friendly bartender-waitress-cook asked me if I needed anything without a fuss. I asked for the clam chowder soup and juice then went up to bed.

The room was great - 4 big, fluffy pillows to a bed. Super soft towels in the bathroom. The only thing missing was a robe and slippers - LOL. The bathroom is also ultra modern and tasteful (like something you would see on HGTV). Comfort, comfort, comfort - did I say the room was comfortable?

ALL of the staff were amazingly friendly - the folks at the front desk, the shuttle drivers, the maids and all service people. The room was very, very clean. There is a fridge and a microwave too in case you need to heat up something or want to keep beverages cold. There is also an exercise room and swimming pool onsite as well.

It's good enough to stay at just for vacation purposes. I went to Hilton Head close by and the beach as well as downtown Savannah. Both were cool places. The shuttle folks carted me everywhere! Everywhere I went, smiles and friendliness. I didn't want to go back home. If you are a contractor working in the area, I can't recommend a better place to stay - your home away from home!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I spent our time in Savannah for our one year anniversary. Cambria Suites had a hotel deal that we took advantage of. The first room we were sent to had a lingering smell of mold and then I saw a huge waterbug run across my bed. We told that staff and they gave us another room. The mold smell was still there but not too bad. I didn't see any other bugs, but I was never quite comfortable again. The staff, however, was very nice. The rooms are spacious and updated. I also appreciated the hotel bar and restaurant. I could probably stay there again, but only there weren't another option.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed at Cambria for 5 days while attending a work function. The room was big and well maintained. I thought the curtains were a little odd at first because I only saw the sheer and a decorative curtain that only dose not move and only cover half the window, so at night the light from outside made it difficult to get to sleep. I then discovered a third curtain (black out) closest to the window which made the room nice and dark. I had to laugh at myself for not figuring that out for 2 or 3 days. Ha Ha Ha. I thought the fitness center was one of the best I've seen in a comparable hotel with 3 nice size treadmills, 2 elliptical machines, and 2 stationary bikes, as well as exercise balls, weighted balls, dumbbells, and a free weight station. The pool which I did not use looked very small more of a kiddy pool or a pool to soak in rather than swim there is also a Jacuzzi. I would also recommend the restaurant, awesome salad and the breakfast which I had coupons for was top notch! Great job on the omelets! Great coffee! Supper service!! (Thanks Patrick!!) I would defiantly recommend this hotel if you are staying in Savannah. Clean comfortable and convenient.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport? Share your experiences!