“No Sleep 2:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. on March 27” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #10 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
Seattle, Washington
“No Sleep 2:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. on March 27”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

This is an exceptionally nice Holiday Inn Express perfectly located for sightseeing in Savannah.

Unfortunately, when I informed two hotel staff members of noises in my room that kept me awake for four hours during the first night of my two-night stay, they expressed no concern for my loss of sleep.

Upon my return home, I called the corporate office and spoke with a service representative who apologized for my loss of sleep and told me she would see would find some way to compensate me for this inconvenience.

If you can get a quiet room at this hotel, it would be a good place to stay in Savannah.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
Myrtle Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

All right - here is the difinitive review for the property.

I made my reservations about 11 monthws earlier and used a point redemption. I arrived early for St. Patricks Day - the front desk staff was just OK. They did not seem energetic at all. Being a Platinum member I am always recognized and feel valued. Not here. I just felt like a regular person.

Once I recieved the keys and all of the information I went to get a bell cart and proceded to load an entire bell cart full with 4 staff members staring at me and not offering any assistance at all. They seemed like they were just hanging out back on the block. Not very professional. If I would have not approached someone to give my keys to - I don't think I would have even talked to any of them. They were all young kids and not very professional. The parking is $15 a day - $10 for Platinum members. This is the only IHG property that charges Platinum members for parking. The Mulberry and Staybridge do not charge.

The room was just like every other hotel room. It did not have a tub - just a stand up shower. The Shower was dirty and had soap scum in it and the glass was cloudy. It did have a fridge and a microwave. The coffee maker was in the bathroom and it had a flat screen TV. The work station was a desk which had a bright enough light for that area. The lamps on either side of the bed had push buttons to turn - which was weird because I would almost push the lamp off the nightstand whenever I touched it.

The Port Royal Tavern was hopping and everyone was very friendly.

The rooftop pool and hot tub were very nice. The view was great - but the pool is not heated - which I was suprised about.

Standard fitness room. The business center is two computers in the hallway. It was very fast and free. The only bothersome thing would be the hoards of kids on them.

The staff in the hotel use the elevator as well. There is not a service levator for them. This causes the wait time for the elevators to be very long and sometimes during peak times it is a wait. I waited 6 minutes one time just to get on the elevator and when I did - half of the elevator was staff.

The breakfast staff was very nice and the food was great. Big selection and a big area for breakast as well.

During our stay - we came back to change and had a clogged toilet at about 9PM. I immediatly called down and informed the FD. We then left and came back about 1 AM. Th toilet was still clogged and no one had been to the room. We were both too tired to even deal with this - so we waited until the next morning and I informed that FD that it was still clogged. It took about 20 minutes to have a maintenance man take care of it. He kind of just took care of it and left - no real personality.

The next morning my bill was incorrect - they only charge $10 for Platinum members for parking per day. My bill was incorrect so I had to go to the desk to have it corrected as they charged me the entire amount. When I went to retrieve my car the next day - I met the bell captain. He was very friendly, professional, and helpful. Wish I could have met him for a first impression.

Certain perks for Platinum members are just common. Recognize at check -in. Special rooms. Treats or goodies for the room. Reduced or free items on the bill. Late check outs. Taking care of issues or problems on the first call and immediatly. It did just not happen this trip. Most of the reviews are just 1 contribution individuals - so I'm not sure how much stock that really holds. They do have business cards with where to leave comments for tripadvisor - so I think the solicitation has paid off for them.

The property is in a great location and walking is easy to market. The property is more comfortable than elegant. The amenities are very nice. The staff just needs a little training or focus. Would I stay here again - probably.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

Brand new hotel which is always a plus. Check-in was not pretty! Friendly staff, but one person working so long wait to check-in. Saw a concierge desk, but no one ever sitting at it, but we were only there for 1 night. Parking is easy, but $13 which is not bad for downtown. Steps from the wharf and all the restaurants. Excellent, free breakfast and much more then what you would normally expect.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Chicago burbs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

The Holiday Inn Express Historic Savannah is located in a perfect location.... just steps away from the river and walking distance to all the historic squares, architecture, churches, gardens....etc. Upon arrival, I was greeted by a warm and professional staff and a lobby that was decorated with the historic Savannah style which encouraged guests to relax, enjoy a piece of fruit or savor a cup of coffee or tea. Every staff member was professional and had a positive attitude toward the guests. The rooms were new with all the modern amenities... flat screen tvs, rain showerheads in beautifully decorated showers..... the complimentary breakfast included eggs, biscuits and gravy, cereal, sausage, bacon, yogurt, fruit, muffins, toast, coffee, tea... if you cant find something to satisfy you.. you are NOT hungry! Unwind by the fire after a busy day of site-seeing......want wild nightlife? .... go down to the river or visit the bars with dancing just down the street... I have stayed at a different upscale hotel in the past... I'm returning to this Holiday Inn Express... you won't be disappointed!

Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Athens, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

I found this hotel based on its strong Trip Advisor reviews and really expected better. The room was decent and the location was great. The price was decent relative to other hotels.

However, here are some of the misses:

The shower was tile and glass, but had a nice layer of scum on the glass.

The rooftop hot tub was green.

The breakfast staff was outright rude - breakfast supposedly run until 10am, but it really runs from 6am until they run out of food. It was 9:30 on a Saturday and they were out of almost everything. The breakfast staff just stood there and wouldn't acknowledge people.

The valet staff didn't acknowledge guests going in and out of the hotel. I loaded and unloaded an entire vehicle without any acknowledgment of my presence.

One note about parking - Park in the City Garage which is the building next to the Holiday Inn on Abercorn St. The City Garage is $10 per day during the week and either $3/day or $10 for the whole weekend depending on special events. Much better than $16 plus tip to a rude valet.

It wasn't awful for the money, but if I go back, I'll stay somewhere else.

CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

Personnel were incredibly attentive as if we were family. Very helpful with tours, taxi, directions, computer and extras for the room. We stayed a whole week - longer than most people - and felt so relaxed. The bartender was a hoot! Lovely breakfast included, with lots of choices. Perfect location!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

The hotel itself was okay, the rooms were a little on the small side, but adequate and clean. The staff was helpful. Becki, the bartender in the Port Royal Tavern was great. She introduced everyone to everyone else by name (evidently she has an incredible memory) as they came in and as a result, got strangers talking and by the end of the night, it was a party. We really enjoyed the experience and I'd recommend stopping by that bar.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District? Share your experiences!