“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 112 hotels in Savannah
Middlebury, Indiana
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

When walked in we were greeted by the front desk with a friendly smile and a "Hello" The hotel was very, very nice. Our room was very clean and large. We did a lot of walking around the Historic district and it was nice that we did not even have to take our car our one time. You are just one block away from the river front and again, everything we wanted to do was within walking distance from the hotel. Breakfast was good too and changed every morning we stayed. Thanks to the hotel staff for being so kind and always with smiles on their faces.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Alfonce M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for noticing the efforts of the staff to make your stay was amazing with great customer service. We are not perfect, but we really do try to make sure our guest receive the best customer service. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you in the future.

1,438 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
Cape Coral
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I am not one to write reviews, prefer to do it in person, however I feel I need to put this in print to thank the individual publicly. Recently we visited Savannah, GA and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in the Historic District. We were very pleased with our stay there. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. We had some issues with wireless computer access but received service within minutes of our call to the front desk. However, one individual stands out and I feel his service was above and beyond, and wanted to recognize Mr. Alfonce McKinney for his outstanding service. Having been to dinner at one of the fabulous restaurants by the river, I had hoped to have some southern style pecan pie but to my disappointment they did not serve it. When we got back to the hotel, Alfonce was at the desk, he asked us how our evening was going. I told him about my craving for the pie, right away he went on line to find a place that might have it. He gave us the names of the three places and we headed out to find them, but alas, none was to be found. I was surprised by that, thought Savannah, GA would be the perfect place to experience the famous southern style pecan pie. We headed back to our hotel disappointed. Once again, Alfonce greeted us, wondering how we made out. He was surprised at the outcome and again got back on line to search further. He had customers coming and going so we thanked him and told him not to worry as we were going to retire for the evening. About 20 minutes later our door bell rang, and there to our surprise was Alfonce holding a white styrofoam container with a piece of pecan pie. Apparently he found a place nearby and also insisted we not reimburse him for it. What a wonderfully kind gesture. From now on whenever I have some or see pecan pie, Alfonce, I will think of you. Thank you for making the extra effort, it was truly appreciated. With a heart as big as yours you will go a long way in the hospitality industry. With heartfelt thanks, Bridget Bean, Cape Coral, FL

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Alfonce M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you so very much. I really do appreciate everything you have said. I look to make every guest experience amazing and it looks like I hit the mark with your stay. Your time spent with us was great and I really did enjoy talking to you. Thank you again and please come back in the near future.
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We arrived around 1:30pm and our room was available. I asked if a suite was available but the hotel was sold out. Our room had 2 double beds, refrigerator, microwave and all were clean. The bathroom was a decent size with plenty of towels and toiletries. The hotel lost power one evening and we had to take the stairs it was off for about an hour after the thunderstorm. We did use the pool which was a decent size there are a few lounge chairs and towels are available but they are small you will need 2 or 3 to lay on while sun bathing. There are also tables and unbrellas. The pool closes at 10pm and you can not open the door to see the view during that time either. Breakfast was great eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, cereal, fruit etc. The eggs were cooked a different style and the sausage was links or patties. The staff was very nice and held our luggage for us since check out was 11am an we were not leaving until 4pm. There is a Savannah book in the night stand between the beds and the hotel information book was located in the desk. All the great reviews about this hotel are correct and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a few or higher level when you book your reservations. After talking with anoth...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon. We were greeted with congratulations upon check in and had a bottle of champagne waiting for us in our room. The room was clean with a river view balcony. You have to check out the rooftop pool! The location is ideal. Directly across from the river, a trolley stop, shops and dining. The staff was very friendly and helpful when we were looking for places to go. Beautiful hotel in a beautiful city!

• Stayed August 2013
Kirkland, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed in the hotel with my wife and one year old daughter for one night. The hotel is perfectly located in historic downtown. The riverside is 2 minutes away and many of the top-rated restaurants in the area are 5-10 minutes away.

We stayed at the top floor with a beautiful river view. We paid 10 bucks extra for it, but it was worth it (room with a view category). The room was nice and clean. However the mattress was worn out, and it was collapsed in the middle. We were sooo tired for any room change at night, but I woke up at 5 with back pain (then I couldn't sleep). The shower cabin was also leaking and the floor went wet every time we had a shower.

If I could sleep well, I could give it 4 stars. However, sleeping comfort is the most important thing in a hotel. Therefore, I will give it two stars.

Room Tip: - As already mentioned by other users, stay at a high floor with view. - The rooms at top floor do...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear gatorhope,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am pleased you liked the location of our hotel. Please accept our deepest apologies for any inconvenience the bathroom conditions may have caused you. Rest assured that the issues you have raised has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

You got a single queen room thinking it would be "cozy" due to the price, but the room is very spacious. Excellent staff and the location can't be beat. The hotel is quiet and clean and nicely decorated. We'll be returning to enjoy the rooftop pool... even with a extra day, we've run out of time.

• Stayed September 2013
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is a typical Holiday Inn Express (albeit a little nicer than most in the line). I've come to expect a decent night's stay, good Internet access and decent free breakfast at all Holiday Inn Express facilities, and this one did not disappoint.

Check-in was speedy, the room oddly shaped (but nicely appointed), the bed was pretty good (a little stiff but very good linens made up for any inadequacies), but the shower was outstanding (better than most). The walls are quite thin - it might have been my particular room, but it was difficult to concentrate when working at the desk (you could hear EVERYONE as the walked down the hall). I was worried it might make sleep difficult, but it did not. The breakfast was very good (better than most).

Overall, a satisfying stay and while I still have my favorites in Savannah, this location is more than acceptable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District? Share your experiences!