“Two Wonderful Nights in Savannah” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #13 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Auburn
“Two Wonderful Nights in Savannah”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We spent two nights at the Holiday Inn Express Historic District and couldn't be more satisfied. It has a perfect location and the facility was clean, updated and the staff was very nice. I highly recommend this property if you want to explore the Old Town!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Alfonce M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Awesome review! We thank you for choosing our hotel and would love for you to return in the future. Thank you again and have a nice day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
Cape May, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I read the reviews and chose the HIE based on the good reviews. We were not disappointed. The reception was friendly, the room looked like new and the amenities were great. Enjoyed the breakfast in a clean comfortable area. The hotel is perfectly situated in the historic area near shops, dining and historic attractions. We did not need our car. Although advertised, there is no valet parking available so we parked ourselves in the garage next door which was fine and cheaper. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor away from vending and elevators. Some say the street side is noisy but we did...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for making us your Savannah destination. We are glad to see that our previous reviews helped in your decision and that we did not disappoint. We aim to please and it appears we hit the mark with you. Thank you again and please do stay with us on your next trip to Savannah.
South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We chose this hotel based on the reviews and while the hotel was nicely appointed, some smaller issues outweighed the positives for us. We too encountered a less than happy front desk clerk who only wanted to speak as few words as possible and get us on our way.

I had wanted to research places to visit, etc. on my ipad during the trip but was unable to because of the horrific wifi. We tried many times and while we could finally log in and put the hotel's password, it went no further. I inquired at the front desk and she said I just needed to keep trying as it was full. Really disappointed to pay $200 per night and have not internet???

The hotel does not change the sheets daily but rather leaves a card that you can hang on the door should wish to have them changed. We put the card out because on the very first night, we found dried blood on 2 of the pillowcases and wanted them changed. Upon returning, we found they did in fact change the bed sheets but NOT the bloody pillowcases.??

We had the misfortune of having drunk neighbors on both sides of us on the last night who made such a ruckus after midnight. We were in an "adjoining" room and the drunks tried to get into our room through the locked middle door. We called security but they either never came of came and did nothing as the drunks enjoyed their partying well into 3am. There was no sleep for any of us that night and we really should have packed and left for the trip home.

I don't think we will be traveling again any time soon. This experience will make us wary from now on. If you are looking for a family stay, look around and choose wisely as this may not be the right one for you.

Room Tip: River Street is loud so either ask for a room on a high level or give up the view and get a room on...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

I am completely disappointed in the way your stay went. I apologize for the lack of service my staff displayed and I assure you this is not a common behavior. I will personally work with the staff members from the time you were here to let them know of the poor service given to an important part of our hotel success. We pride ourselves on providing quality service and during your stay we failed to do so and for that I sincerely apologize. Thank you for choosing our hotel and if you ever see fit to give us another chance I assure you that it will be a much better stay.
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We have not stayed at a hotel chain in many years but recently stayed in two Holiday Inns. We were very pleasantly surprised. This one in Savannah is right on the waterfront! It has beautiful upscale decor and modern furniture for a very reasonable price. It seems that the south likes government employees/military as we receive a full third off room prices. The breakfast at this Inn was free and very good. Better than most of the continent breakfasts I have had. They have a wide selection and serve a two egg omelette with cheese and have an automatic pancake maker which I found quaint. Coffee was not bad either. Rooms were very clean and staff very friendly. We stayed in a room right on Bay Street on 4th floor and only downfall was some traffic noise in the morning. (Ok, all of the hotels are now using the trendy small square pillows, but why!) Otherwise we would stay here again and you couldn't ask for a better location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear of the building for less road noise
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words! I'm not sure about the small pillows, but I will be sure to look into why that is the new thing. I am glad to see that you had a great time at our hotel and with the hotel chain in whole. We look to provide great hotels guest love and looks as though we may have a new member of the Holiday Inn family. I thank you for your business and would love for you to come back in the near future.
Adrian, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

We arrived later Sunday night on easter Sunday. We had never visited savannah before. The front desk upon check-in was friendly but uninformative. I felt like I had to pry information out of her. Like where can I park, what does it cost, what is included in our stay, WiFi password. So after she tells us there is a parking garage next door and that the bellboy will help us get a parking pass and get unloaded I headed over to there to get a cart only to find no bellboy. I grab A cart and unload all of our family's luggage myself (6 of us) .... By the time I got done with that the bellboy shows back up only to look at me struggling to push the cart inside and walk away. the room was clean and nicely decorated, and we had a balcony that overlooked bay st. The only complaints with the room was that the bed was too short for my husband, he is just over six foot and his feet hung off the bed. They also didn't give us any shampoo. When I called the
Front desk they told me they were out, but offered no suggestions on where to get some. We were also disappointed that the hotel didn't have a restaurant or bar. The kids enjoyed the pool even though it wasn't heated. I did however enjoy the pool being on the roof as it was the perfect spot to lay out and catch some rays. And the view from the roof was spectacular.

• Stayed April 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Jessica W,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I apologize for the services that you have received which is not up to your par. This is definitely not up to our standards and we are constantly working on improving the quality of service provided. Rest assured that I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay. It was clean, location was great, & the staff was very hospitable. The bartender actually remembered us from checking in and was personable. Will definately stay again!

• Stayed April 2013
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We found this hotel while on the road and were lucky to discover this little gem. Not only could we walk into historic Savannah along the river easily from this location, there was an amazing rooftop pool the kids loved. Loved it!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District? Share your experiences!