“Hotels tonight disappointment ” 3 of 5 stars

Four Points by Sheraton Historic Savannah
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Martin Luther King Blvd, Savannah, GA 31401   |
Ranked #69 of 112 hotels in Savannah
Jensen Beach, Florida
“Hotels tonight disappointment ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

A little overpriced for the tiny room but was clean. Concierge was not knowledgable (sent us walking 5 blocks to a restaurant they said was casual with maybe a 30 minute wait, that had a 2 hour 45 minute wait-we would have been out of place in our jeans anyway amongst the dressed up diners). Room had a slight smell, almost smoky in a non smoking hotel. Would try somewhere else next time

Stayed October 2013

588 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Vero Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

This Sheraton Hotel was less than I expected! House cleaning was very inconsistent during our four night stay. Restaurant facilities were very average. The staff was pleasure and helpful, but it did not make an already average situation better. The hotel location was at the far end of Bay Street which is not centrally-located to the center of downtown Savannah. Valet and secure parking is available, however, the cost maybe a bit excessive per night. Bathroom light burnt out upon are arrival. The room heater when operating gave off a strange odor when turned on. Clearly, there are better hotel choices in Savannah for the value.

Room Tip: Being a SPG member may help receiving a Stay Preferred Guest room, however, I am an a SPG MEMBER AN...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Amy_Poe, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Historic Savannah, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Tony C,
I am so sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your stay at our hotel. We do appreciate your feedback and will use it as an opportunity to improve upon the guest experience moving forward. I have passed your review along to our management team so that they are aware of the issues that you faced, and again, I am so sorry that your expectations were not met during your time at our Four Points. We are, however, glad to hear that you found the staff to be a bright spot, and I hope the rest of your stay in Savannah was much more enjoyable.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I stayed here during a recent business trip and found the hotel was clean and in a great location. It's ideally located to walk to the attractions on the river walk. I wouldn't want to walk much further north of the property but its very close to the riverfront attractions. This is a good hotel on the edge of the historic district that provides good value and a great location. Plus it's close to the congress street bars which are the best in the area.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I will preface this by saying I had purchased a Groupon for my stay here- so I guess you get what you pay for.
I was in town on business and had just enough time to check in, drop my bags off and change clothes before heading to a meeting. When I arrived, they did not have my reservation. When I did finally get a room, I discovered that there were used toiletries and dirty towels from the previous guest on the bathroom floor. I did not have time to switch rooms, so I stopped by the front desk on my way out to inform them of the situation and they assured me they would have the room cleaned. When I returned to the room 7 hours later, it still had not been cleaned. I had to ask THREE more times before the room was finally cleaned. Not exactly what you want to deal with after a long and exhausting day. I second what another reviewer said about the shower really needing a bleach cleaning.
The next morning I asked to speak to the manager - he apologized and told me he would comp the room charge, but that it would take a few days to refund the Groupon purchase. It has been two weeks and still no refund. I've tried to call back twice, but my calls are never returned.
Lastly, when I checked out, they tried to charge me for two nights of valet when I only had a car for one night.
I got a good deal from the Groupon, but it was not worth all the trouble.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jessica K,
I am so sorry to hear that your stay at the Four Points Historic Savannah was not a pleasant one. I completely understand your frustrations about arriving and not having a reservation or a clean room and then to have to continually ask for service is certainly not the standard that we hope to portray at the hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience so that we can use it as a learning experience for future guest stays. I am not sure if the matter of a refund has been resolved yet, but if it hasn’t or if you just wish to speak about the matter further, I encourage you to reach out to the general manager, Graham Asher (graham.asher@fourpointshistoricsavannah.com) who would be more than happy to help you resolve the issue in any way that he can. Again, I am so sorry for the inconveniences you faced while staying at our hotel, but I do hope the rest of your time in Savannah was much more enjoyable.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was small but adequate; clean and comfortable with the exception of the bathroom...the floor of the shower could use a REALLY good bleach job!! The location is convenient to the historic district

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights in October 2013 and found it to be much better than some of the reviews listed your site. The room was very clean and made up each day like we were never there. I thought the breakfast buffet was very good and a great value. I was a little surprised there was a charge for parking, but after checking other hotels in the same area for parking charges, I found the charge was quite reasonable. We did not have any problem with losing valuables to the staff during our stay as reported on other reviews.
This hotel is in a great location for walking around the city and seeing the sites. We will stay here again on our next visit.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators and the ice machine. Stay as high as possible.
Johns Creek, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We just returned from a weekend trip to Savannah. Four couples went (35-42 years) and we selected the Sheraton for its location and also the good deal we found for it on Hotels.com ($140/ni when all the other hotels in the area were $200 and up). We have stayed in Savannah several times and this was absolutely one of the best locations. We'd definitely stay here again.

It's located just one small block from City Market which has fantastic shops and restaurants. It's maybe two blocks from Broughton Street which is a bustling street of shops and eateries and about one block up and down from the best of River Street.

The hotel itself is clean and well appointed with a bar downstairs and a really good breakfast buffet with custom omelets/eggs. The staff was courteous and the rooms were spotless and comfy. Loved everything about this place other than the $18/night valet fee for a car that never left the garage until it was time to go home, and the attendant's clear expectation of a tip that, as a matter of principle (has tipping gotten out of hand or what?), we weren't going to pay over and above the exorbitant cost to park.

Big thumbs up for this Sheraton--if you're headed to Savannah, this is a great option for accommodations.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Historic Savannah? Share your experiences!