“Favorite Hotel in Town” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Savannah Historic District

You added Holiday Inn Savannah Historic District to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Savannah Historic District
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   520 West Bryan Street, Savannah, GA 31401 (Yamacraw Village)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #48 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Atlanta, Georgia
“Favorite Hotel in Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My wife and I visit savannah quite a bit and have found that the Holiday Inn is the best combination of value, service, and quality in the entire city. We have stayed at the higher dollar venues and haven't had half the experience that we have had every time at the holiday inn. The Location is perfect and exactly where you want to be in this great city. The rooms are very spacious, incredibly clean and the beds are quite comfy! What keeps us coming back each time though is the staff. We have had the pleasure of getting to know several of the staff members and we have been very impressed with how quickly things get done and with precision.

Savannah is one of the jewels of this country and I highly recommend staying in this fine establishment with or without kids whenever you visit!

Room Tip: Great Views of the city in every room!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Ashleykelly86, Manager at Holiday Inn Savannah Historic District, responded to this review, yesterday
We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, we will share your comments with the staff I am sure they will enjoy your kind words.
Thank you for taking time to post a review of your stay. I hope that if you are ever back in the savannah ha area you will come back and visit us at the Holiday Inn!!

Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I was on a business trip and my job had sent in a pre-authorization form with credit card information. This information was to be used to cover the hotel stay for the week plus tax. I called the Wednesday before my Saturday arrival to confirm they had pre-authorization (they had). When I arrived Saturday night at 10:30 p.m. I was told they had the pre-authorization but needed my personal card for incidentals ($50). When I got upstairs to my room, about to go out to find something to eat, I discovered that instead of charging $50, the hotel charged $897 (the total amount of the stay). As it turned out, they had the pre-authorization but never put it into the system. I went to the front desk and explained that I was from Arizona, knew no one in Savannah, had no cash and no way to eat or even get anywhere to get money since they charged almost $900 to my account. I called Guest Relations to see if they could help me and the woman I spoke with argued with me and said they had done all they could do and it was my banks issue now. Long story short: Tom, the night manager seemed completely unconcerned. He told me they issued a refund and I had to wait for my bank to reverse the charge. Despite explaining that I had no cash and no other money, they did not so much as offer me a bottle of water or a snack from their pantry. Katrice graciously gave me 3 coupons for free breakfast. Sunday morning I pled my case to Amanda, the day manager who was sympathetic and offered me enough points for free nights stay (which I declined, I needed my money not a free night). She also told me I had to rely on my bank to correct the issue. Sunday afternoon I was able to have my bank credit the amount back to my account pending the refund of the $900. On Monday morning, Holiday Inn charged my account $1061! I called Tom who explained that the computer system was doing something and charge my card for some unknown reason. He had no idea why it charged that amount. He apologized and I made him take my card out of the system completely so it did not keep happening. I called the bank and they again issued me a credit pending Holiday Inn's credit. After that second time, I told Amanda I would accept the free night as that was least they could do. Amanda said she would take care of that....to date, that has NOT occurred. As it turned out, this same thing occurred to a man the month before - the system kept charging his card even though he had pre-authorization. In the end, Chase bank thankfully credited my account pending Holiday Inn reversing their mistake both times but Holiday Inn's handling of the situation was abysmal! I was traveling from out of state, with no money and no means and they did not initially offer me any concession, no water, no snack. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone simply because your credit card information is not safe!

The good parts: the sheets are clean and the room is very clean. The only issue was there was a mildew smell in the carpets. The breakfast is phenomenal and the location is right across from City Market so restaurants are easily accessible.

The internet was horrible. You could not keep a signal for longer than 10 minutes. I was told that they were working on the system but that was 6 days! I ended up having to go into the back office to use their internet just to get some work done.

Overall, I am very disappointed in Holiday Inn. The customer service, both the managers and the phone reps, were atrocious.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Amanda K, Manager at Holiday Inn Savannah Historic District, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for taking time to post a review. I apologize that you you encountered issues with your bill. I do understand how frustrating that can be for you. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services so this does not happen again. I have checked our account and your rewards point were posted on Monday so you should see it in your account shortly. Again I do apologize for this inconvenience.

Guest Service Manger
West Babylon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I just returned from a 2 night stay at this property. The staff was helpful and friendly, the breakfast was fabulous, the room was quiet and very comfortable, and I overlooked an empty lot and the side street. It was fully equipped with a refrigerator and the towels in the bathroom were so soft and fluffy it was almost better than at home. We didn't have time to sit at the bar, but it was nice that it was there. The breakfast was fresh, well presented, and there were real plates real glasses and someone to actually serve you coffee and juice. I would absolutely stay there again and highly recommend it to others.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor on the street and didn't have any noise issues.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Guest Service Manger
Dunwoody, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Overpriced for the amenities. Nice staff but terrible service. Called room service and it was closed! Definitely will not stay there again or any Holiday Inn for that matter. Rooms are clean but did not have a safe. Walls too thin, you can hear everything!
There's a dirty abandoned ground next to the building. check-in is at 4pm and check out at 11am! I guess these days this is standard, but terrible never the less.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel and please accept our sincerest apologies for the disturbance you have experienced during your stay. We do provide a safe behind the front desk for our guest if needed. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. We value your comments and welcome the opportunity to serve you again.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel, located one street away from all the fun stuff of the historic district, is absolutely beautifully decorated and in a wonderful location. The location is so great because you are just one street away, on a quiet street. You walk across the street and all the noise and life of the city are right there. The noise is just not on the street where you want to sleep so it works out perfectly!
The interior of this hotel is just gorgeous!!! The room we were in and beautiful 10 foot ceilings.
It was reminiscent of a time past but everything was now and modern. The shower was the only disappointment. The kholer shower head would have been wonderful but I believe they have a water saving device on it. I agree with the whole environmental aspect of saving water at a hotel, so I support this. But I need to let you know that if you have long thick hair you ned an extra twenty minutes to get the soap out with this light sprinkle of a shower head. In the name of
Being green I have to support this to some degree although I would not want to shower like that every day. Also everything in the hotel seems like a nice upgrade but the shower itself is plastic walls and floors. I wish they would have continued the slate gray theme of the hotel and put some real slate gray chunky tiles in the shower! Just a thought on the decor because it is the only place where it looks like they cut corners.
Now on to the price. Expensive! All the hotels in the historic district were extremely pricey in May. This one actually offered the best deal but with an $18.00 parking price added to an already hefty nightly price, just be prepared to shell
Out some cash to stay in the area. If you come to Savannah, it really doesn't do
To stay outside the historic district so just pay it if you can. There might be times of the year where the prices are lower as well. But it is well worth the extra money to get the full experience of the city. One extra tip, stay in a group or at least with one other person. There is a bit of a grimey side to this city and it really isn't a place to walk around at night alone. Also, if you like sushi you must try the sushi place across from the hotel Sushi Zen!
Overall great location, beautiful
Lobby and rooms, roof top
Pool, all the amenities. Clean,
Great service, valet parking. Cost could
Be prohibitive for a long stay, but was still
Less expensive than other hotels I checked prices on in the area.
Have a great time. This is one of the best cities in the US!!!

Stayed May 2015
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First of all the hotel is new and nice and the staff was excellent... Bed was comfortable, room was clean and nice. However, light comes in around the door, the walls are thin and every time your neighbors go in and out and door shuts, it rattles in your room like thunder. Could not sleep because of the noise and lack of darkness! Was woke up all night long. You can hear everything outside your room. Plastic glasses in room to make single cup coffee. Really need more coffee if can't provide quiet place to sleep!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Ashleykelly86, Manager at Holiday Inn Savannah Historic District, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel and please accept our sincerest apologies for the disturbance you have experienced during your stay. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. We value your comments and welcome the opportunity to serve you again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had a wonderful time at this hotel. The front desk was awesome! I have to recognize some outstanding women at this hotel! Melanie in housekeeping, Tracy and Daniella in Laundry! I apologize if I spelled any names wrong.....I had a fiasco with the dryer and Melanie came to my rescue! She graciously got my money back and offered to dry my clothes! I was so ecstatic! The two women in laudry allowed her to use the dryer to help me out! Thank you so much for that! Then Melanie not only folded my clothes but bung them to my room! Awesome customer service! I applaud you! You women made a could be worse experience of our trip into something positive! It was in a great location. We were able to walk everywhere! We will definitely be back!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our stay went above and beyond to make your stay memorable.  It's something our staff takes great pride in! We will share your comments with that stay we are positive they will enjoy it!! We hope you will visit us again.

Guest Service Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Savannah Historic District? Share your experiences!