“Impeccable Renovations, Greatly Improved Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Savannah Historic District

Holiday Inn Savannah Historic District
You added Holiday Inn Savannah Historic District to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Savannah Historic District
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   520 West Bryan Street, Savannah, GA 31401 (Yamacraw Village)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #66 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
New York City, New York
“Impeccable Renovations, Greatly Improved Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

At a stone’s throw from the waterfront and right in the heart of the Historic District, I already knew that this Holiday Inn would be prime location for my recent trip to Savannah. I had stayed at this hotel about a year ago when I was down from New York for business. The experience was only average, but when it came time to book my latest trip down with friends and family I wanted to give it another try. I had heard it had changed management and undergone renovations…and, again, you can’t beat the location.
I was tremendously surprised as soon as I walked in the front door. With the changes made to the lobby and entire ground floor, I felt as though I was in a brand new hotel! I remembered the dining area and front entrance as being a little outdated, but now everything down to the smallest detail has been beautifully updated. It now perfectly blends the feel of being in Downtown Historic Savannah with the amenities and ambiance of a cosmopolitan hotel.
Along with the extraordinary physical transformation came a top-down management overhaul. On my initial stay last year I remember the staff being somewhat apathetic, but now that could not be further from the truth. Form the moment the valet greeted me I knew this staff cared about my stay. The front desk could not have been friendlier, and more helpful. As this was now a trip for pleasure, I wanted to make sure I was pointed in the right direction for dining and sights. The concierge did not disappoint. She led us to some of the top restaurants and best activities. Most of which were a just short walk from the Holiday Inn’s front door.
I will definitely stay at this hotel on my next trip back down to Savannah!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Shetland Islands, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Spent two nights here. The staff were very polite and helpful. The room was comfortable and clean. There was no safe which was a little disappointing but all other facilities were superb. Tea and coffee making facilities adequate with a basic choice.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Good simple hotel. The rooms and bathrooms are a little bit old, and the breakfast is ok, but not something you dream about. The positive point is the staff. All of them very nice and helpful. The typical Savannah reception, always with a smile on their faces.

Room Tip: As for a room with a view.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Amanda K, Manager at Holiday Inn Savannah Historic District, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and I am glad to hear that we were able to provide you with both great service, amenities and a great location. As part of being a Holiday Inn we strive to offer that consistency you can count on with any of your stays. We hope that if you are in the area again you will stay with.

Amanda Kelly
Guest Service Manger
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

You can't beat the location. The rooms were clean and it was a block from the River. We never even had to take our car out of valet. The hotel front desk was very nice. Don't try calling down though they just always put you on hold until you hang up. You have to be there in person for them to answer any questions. The valet attendants were all super friendly. Kim from the valet always had a smile on her face and after just parking our car once was able to smile and wish us a good evening by our last name. They took great care of my car as well. The breakfast was a rip off though. $12 for a buffet when I can walk a block and get Eggs Benedict on the river for $8.95. Those are really the only two complaints I have and otherwise was a great stay.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Every single staff member, from Valet to Front Desk to Housekeeping, was phenomenal! Always wearing a smile while respectfully addressing us as Mr. & Mrs., along with use of "Sir" & "Ma'am". Each pesonnel was highly and promptly accommodating, very knowledgeable and always cheerful! Hotel location was superb, only a block or so away from City Market and River Street...easy walking distance to all downtown attractions. The room was clean and comfortable, also. We will definiely be back! (*Special kudos to Chris, the Valet Manager, for his and staff's extra efforts with our vehicle and to Jasmine, who made sure our breakfast was perfect each day!)

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Overall this was a good place to stay. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The conscierge very helpful and everyone courteous one suggestion is to put a mirror outside the bathroom so a person can be getting ready while the other is showering. The major complaint is the wi fi or lack of it. This is a significant issue if one is traveling for business. It never worked for more than few minutes and it is serviced by an outside company. A guest should not have to call an 800# for wi fi fixes. We did and while the gentleman was courteous and acknowledged there was a problem after 15 minutes we gave up since we had an appointment. The whole experience was frustrating.

Stayed March 2015
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Savannah Historic District, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Ed D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with your stay at our hotel. We are delighted to read that despite the poor internet connection, you were still able to enjoy your overall stay with us. We apologize for the inconvenience, nevertheless, it was real pleasure that the cleanliness and comfort of the room are well to your liking and regarded our staff to be courteous. Your positive comments makes it all worth our efforts.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Divina P.
Case Manager
IHGCare
North Potomac Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Overall this is a decent hotel. The best asset is the location. It's at the far west end of the historic district, but you truly can walk from one end to the other without much difficulty. The City Market area was just a few blocks away and we found that we spent more fun time there than along the riverfront. Yes, there were renovations going on, but that truly didn't get in the way. The room was clean and there was free wifi. My one complaint is that no parking was available for us. We arrived Friday evening very tired after a long trip to learn that it was valet only parking (something I probably should have payed attention to before leaving) but then there were no spots available. It seems to me that if a hotel is going to offer valet parking, then surely there must be some place you can put the cars. Fortunately we were able to find street parking relatively nearby, but it was a hassle having to worry about parking. Also as a heads up, there is no complimentary breakfast. There are coffee pots in the rooms, but it would be nice to have complimentary fresh brewed coffee in the lobby in the morning.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Dear Anita T,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am pleased you liked the location of our hotel and found our level of cleanliness to be really good. However, please accept my apologies that your stay was inconvenienced due to the parking situation.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Pascal N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Savannah Historic District? Share your experiences!